Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Just seen my first bit of action from the match - Josh Murphy is beaten way too easily in the build up to it as Lee Peltier concedes a free kick and then, from the resultant corner, our defending is of a standard that a parks side would be ashamed of. I'm sorry, but I don't see anything to criticise the officials for in that goal. Barnes is stood offside, but he didn't prevent Etheridge from saving Wood's header - our defending is so bad that Wood couldn't miss once he got his head on the ball because he was so close in that Etherdidge didn't have a chance of saving it with or without any alleged interference from Barnes.
Ive watched that goal about 7 times and I’m still no clearer who was meant to be picking up Wood. It’s not like he’s lost his man. He’s in acres. Camarasa runs out to him too late but I cannot for 1 second believe he was meant to be marking Wood. Wood is twice the size of him.

It’s all very well blaming inept officials but the defending for that goal was as bad as any decisions we didn’t get 2nd half.