+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Does anyone think with a different manager

Does anyone think with a different manager

Decisions may have gone our way rather than against us?

Re: Does anyone think with a different manager

Recently yes I really do.

The premier league is just about "entertainment". It's a farce. The media were all ready with "oh we cant wait to hear from Neil warnock after that!". Was almost like it was scripted.

Warnock has maybe previously played into that and his very reserved interview after the game, was in my view, an attempt to have that image of him turned around.

Warnock is a pantomime villain and you know they would just love for us to have a few big decisions go against us at old trafford to send us down in the last minute to see what he would do.

In the long run maybe the ends justify the means. Message from the refs is clear- criticise us publicly and we will stick together and remember you.

On match of the day after the Chelsea game even the pundits were predicting this is exactly what would happen in our next game (that the other refs would remember his comments and wouldn't do cardiff any favours). The presenter said but surely refs take each decision on an individual basis. Whereas the pundits were ex pros with no connection to Cardiff or warnock - they know how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Decisions may have gone our way rather than against us?
    Don't forget that Mike Dean, correctly, gave us two penalties within a minute or two last season. There's plenty of talk of conspiracies against us at present, but I think what we have seen is more down to ineptitude - it's no coincidence that there weren't any refs from the Premier League in the 2018 World Cup Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Don't forget that Mike Dean, correctly, gave us two penalties within a minute or two last season. There's plenty of talk of conspiracies against us at present, but I think what we have seen is more down to ineptitude - it's no coincidence that there weren't any refs from the Premier League in the 2018 World Cup Finals.
    I tend to agree.
    We really did get the shitty end of all the key decisions yesterday, but overall I’ve always felt Mike Dean has reffed us well in the past, which made yesterday even harder to take.

I’m hoping it was just one of those days and that we got extremely unlucky.

Maybe it will even itself out in the next 2 games?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I tend to agree.
    We really did get the shitty end of all the key decisions yesterday, but overall I’ve always felt Mike Dean has reffed us well in the past, which made yesterday even harder to take.

I’m hoping it was just one of those days and that we got extremely unlucky.

Maybe it will even itself out in the next 2 games?
    I'll always forgive him after he gave us that penalty in the last derby at ninian park

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Warnock has maybe previously played into that......
    Maybe?!?

I've long been of the opinion that Warnock's post-match outbursts are detrimental to both him and his teams. I'm pretty sure most match officials don't like him and why should they? His comments about them are so often over the top.

I'm not suggesting any officials deliberately give decisions against his players, but they're all human beings and Warnock doesn't do himself any favours by talking about them publicly in the way he does.

Poor refereeing mostly, secondly maybe a subconscious bias to bigger clubs, not thinking just on big decisions but any 50/50 challenges. That's not Warnock it's just that we aren't nearer the top of the table.

Mostly I think they are honest and try to do their job as professionally as possible. Some of the laws in the game are set up to be interpreted differently by different people, add in human error and across any match there will be multiple things wrong.

What’s worrying is it wasn’t one bad decision.
    It was 3,The handball before the goal.Gunners and the Burnley player diving and palming the ball away with his hand.
    Its not just anti Warnock its anti Bluebirds
    Dean might have awarded [not gave] 2 pens against Wolves.
    But
    This is the Premier League and the little Welsh boys should know there place.

we don't need decsions we need goals and wins.

With respect, Bob, it is not ineptitude. If it was all these appalling against us would result in an equally number of appalling number of decisions going in our favour. We haven't.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Recently yes I really do.

The premier league is just about "entertainment". It's a farce. The media were all ready with "oh we cant wait to hear from Neil warnock after that!". Was almost like it was scripted.

Warnock has maybe previously played into that and his very reserved interview after the game, was in my view, an attempt to have that image of him turned around.

Warnock is a pantomime villain and you know they would just love for us to have a few big decisions go against us at old trafford to send us down in the last minute to see what he would do.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Maybe?!?

I've long been of the opinion that Warnock's post-match outbursts are detrimental to both him and his teams. I'm pretty sure most match officials don't like him and why should they? His comments about them are so often over the top.

I'm not suggesting any officials deliberately give decisions against his players, but they're all human beings and Warnock doesn't do himself any favours by talking about them publicly in the way he does.
    You may be right but Warnock (nowadays at least) seems to spend as much time talking up good referees as he does lambasting the ones he thinks are poor. Mike Riley and a handful of Premier League refs (and linesmen) get the full Warnock treatment - and that may come back to bite him and us - but (partly to make his point against the bad ones) he goes out of his way to praise others who he rates like Michael Oliver and Jon Moss.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    What’s worrying is it wasn’t one bad decision.
    It was 3,The handball before the goal.Gunners and the Burnley player diving and palming the ball away with his hand.
    Its not just anti Warnock its anti Bluebirds
    Dean might have awarded [not gave] 2 pens against Wolves.
    But
    This is the Premier League and the little Welsh boys should know there place.
    I agree ........... If it was one or two little mistakes then fair play, but the decisions that have gone against us in the last two matches have been absolutely absurd.

At the end of the day, we just haven’t scored anywhere near enough goals. Yes we’ve had some bad decisions, but had we scored 20 more goals we’d have been ok.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    You may be right but Warnock (nowadays at least) seems to spend as much time talking up good referees ..... he goes out of his way to praise others who he rates like Michael Oliver and Jon Moss.
    And Andre Marriner is one of those he's praised highly ... so maybe a little love in will go in our favour tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Maybe?!?

Totally agree , and these decisions are a minor part of our season , he needs to act his age ,not his shoe size .

I really admire him for what he's done in bringing our club back to a good platform , he does need to temper himself though in his old age , and move on.

In my opinion it's an act
    , probaly rehearsing for his next career move into media, and his next book .

There’s only Michael Oliver who seems to be a decent ref over here but that’s hardly surprising if mike Riley is the top honcho

'Bob,' those who were present at both of these games knew the Chelsea and Burnley incidents were not due to ineptitude. Inept refs, whatever we think of them, don't get to the PL. These incidents (6 or was it 7 penalty shouts not given, 2 goals that should not have been awarded and 1 player who did not see red when he should) leave a taste in the mouth. There's much that could be said, and should be said. That so many pundits from tv and radio plus ex-refs have said what they have says it all, mate.

StT.
    <><