+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Here we go

Here we go

Re: Here we go

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Why unbelievable?

This will test a government decision to make a person stateless in a way that appears to contravene international law. The only way to test or challenge that decision is to put it before the courts - and that will require legal aid.

This is a case that is testing a principle of UK law - it is not a popularity contest or state funded support for her beliefs or actions.

In my opinion she is a UK citizen and 'our' problem - not someone to be dumped on some other country or jurisdiction.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Why unbelievable?

This will test a government decision to make a person stateless in a way that appears to contravene international law. The only way to test or challenge that decision is to put it before the courts - and that will require legal aid.

This is a case that is testing a principle of UK law - it is not a popularity contest or state funded support for her beliefs or actions.

In my opinion she is a UK citizen and 'our' problem - not someone to be dumped on some other country or jurisdiction.
    Absolutely, but the racists see things differently.

If she had her NATIONALITY reinstated she would then be tried and sent to prison I’d imagine. That’d be her punishment.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    it is absolutely essential that she is given legal aid. one of the cornerstones of our liberal democracy is that the individual is able to take the government and the state to task.

Irrespective of the individual, we cannot lose sight that its a right of every citizen to be able to challenge any decision the government makes.

While I understand the decision there is a certain irony that a person who has left the UK to join a terrorist organisation, allegedly works for that organisation by involving herself in assisting suicide bombers and policing Muslim compliance, decides that when things go pear shaped she wants to return to a country she purportedly hates. Not only that taxpayers have to pick up the tab. If she returns to the UK press reports suggest she will be immune from prosecution as the evidence from security services is unlikely to stand up in court. So there you have it................................leave the UK, get involved in terrorist activities and get off scott free no doubt collecting shed loads of benefits on the way. No wonder the public are up in arms.

Personally I hope she never sets foot on these shores again as she will become some kind of heroine and focal point for the disaffected who support terrorism. However, I suppose begrudgingly the process of law must be followed but it sits very uncomfortably with me.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    it is absolutely essential that she is given legal aid. one of the cornerstones of our liberal democracy is that the individual is able to take the government and the state to task.

Irrespective of the individual, we cannot lose sight that its a right of every citizen to be able to challenge any decision the government makes.
    Is citizen the right word?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Why unbelievable?

I agree completely, we shouldn't be 'dumping' people on other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Absolutely, but the racists see things differently.
    Mate, I am on the other side of the argument from yourself, but to call my stance racist is poor. It has nothing to do with race, I am simply of the believe that if you join a terrorist group that proclaims death and destruction upon our country/culture and beliefs (and acted on these threats) then you forfeit your privilege of citizenship.

It has nothing to do with race, I don't care if it was my next door neighbour Dai Williams, if he converted and joined Isis my view would remain equally strong. To call someone racist without even addressing the argument is the same unpleasant tactic used by the extreme PC brigade to shout down people with genuine moderate concerns.

If she wins her right to return to Britain, will her husband be allowed to join her?

I hope she is put before the courts and there is enough evidence to lock her up for a long time , to go through the legal process she will require legal aid

The Tory scum have cut legal aid since they got back into power so if she doesn't get it and we can't put her on trial then you know who to blame

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    If she wins her right to return to Britain, will her husband be allowed to join her?
    Hopefully he can go to jail with her

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I hope she is put before the courts and there is enough evidence to lock her up for a long time , to go through the legal process she will require legal aid

The Tory scum have cut legal aid since they got back into power so if she doesn't get it and we can't put her on trial then you know who to blame
    Quite right Sludge. We are still a democracy, just, and the it is vital the law is upheld.