+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sala evidence submitted to FIFA

Sala evidence submitted to FIFA

Emiliano Sala: Cardiff City submit evidence to Fifa over Nantes dispute - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47941982

Looks like FIFA will be acting as judge and jury to resolve the dispute.

Re: Sala evidence submitted to FIFA

Someone has too, strange how quiet it's gone on all fronts .

Surely we would have paid up if we didn’t have docs stating otherwise, I guess he wasn’t ours after all.....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Surely we would have paid up if we didn’t have docs stating otherwise, I guess he wasn’t ours after all.....
    And we were never going to let him go!

All down to insurance - or lack of it, it seems.

If City didn't have cover for Sala when the play went down then presumably they will hope that there is some 'official' jurisdiction which confirms he wasn't a City player at the time. If they did have cover, they probably need the definitive judgement - again from FIFA - before the insurers pay out.

Although insurance policies are normally take out to 'overlap' existing ones so that there are no gaps, I just wonder if City took out cover on Sala to commence at midnight on the night before he started training the next day ? ...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Emiliano Sala: Cardiff City submit evidence to Fifa over Nantes dispute - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47941982

Looks like FIFA will be acting as judge and jury to resolve the dispute.
    Surely Contract Law in any jurisdiction would trump any FIFA decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Surely Contract Law in any jurisdiction would trump any FIFA decision.
    Quite possibly, but I guess it depends what FIFA decide - whichever way they go, the "losing" party will no doubt take it elsewhere.

If Cardiff pay the fee to Nantes, as structured in the original/current deal, then the fee includes payments to the agents.

I suspect the issue is Cardiff not wanting the agents to receive any money from the transfer given their negligence.

However that would mean restructuring the transfer and gaining agreement from FIFA.

Or are we using technicalities to avoid paying the fee at all?