+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Notre Dame

Re: Notre Dame

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The thing is the place is owned by the french state not by the church.
    Let them pay for it themselves, maybe put up taxes to pay for it and see how the "Yellow vests" like them apples.

This is a country that dislikes us, the British because we beat them so often and saved them from the peril of the hun twice. They have not and never will forgive us.
    They declared war on this country 6 times in less than 100 years, and lost every one. some of those wars were instigated in the name of the church who originally owned the place. The last time they declared war it was with the clearly stated intent of wiping the British nation and it's way of life from the face of the earth and from history. Feck their monument!
    Even in the 2nd WW we weren't 'allowed' to bomb the Germans in Paris in case we damaged their precious buildings. I don't ever recall reading anything about them protesting about the Germans bombing Buckingham Palace or St Pancras, or the poor buggers in the East end, or trying to demolish St Paul's.

I also don't recall them rushing to offer funds to rebuild Windsor castle when that caught fire!!!!
    Wow, that's quite a rant. I've never heard anyone complain that we didn't bomb Paris during the war.

International

Euros mate? Couple of Sovs. Sod your euros. 😆

International

It wasn't a bad rant off the cuff was It? 😁

The thing is the place is owned by the french state not by the church.
    Let them pay for it themselves, maybe put up taxes to pay for it and see how the "Yellow vests" like them apples.

This is a country that dislikes us, the British because we beat them so often and saved them from the peril of the hun twice. They have not and never will forgive us.
    They declared war on this country 6 times in less than 100 years, and lost every one. some of those wars were instigated in the name of the church who originally owned the place. The last time they declared war it was with the clearly stated intent of wiping the British nation and it's way of life from the face of the earth and from history. Feck their monument!
    Even in the 2nd WW we weren't 'allowed' to bomb the Germans in Paris in case we damaged their precious buildings. I don't ever recall reading anything about them protesting about the Germans bombing Buckingham Palace or St Pancras, or the poor buggers in the East end, or trying to demolish St Paul's.

I also don't recall them rushing to offer funds to rebuild Windsor castle when that caught fire!!!!
    Dislikes us???? I’ll take issue with you on that one. Didn’t you go to Euro16? The ceremonies displaying thanks to British forces were humbling. The huge ‘Merci’ & ‘Thank You’ murals near Amiens station looked superb. The immaculate way the graves of the fallen of all nations, but particularly ours, are tended. Don’t know if you’re on a piss take but a few days in Northern France visiting museums, cemeteries etc would change your mind on the French nation’s attitude towards us.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Dislikes us???? I’ll take issue with you on that one. Didn’t you go to Euro16? The ceremonies displaying thanks to British forces were humbling. The huge ‘Merci’ & ‘Thank You’ murals near Amiens station looked superb. The immaculate way the graves of the fallen of all nations, but particularly ours, are tended. Don’t know if you’re on a piss take but a few days in Northern France visiting museums, cemeteries etc would change your mind on the French nation’s attitude towards us.
    Touché

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Touché
    Merci Des🇫🇷

International

I agree with you thwre. It's the french political aristo cracy that dislike us. The average french guy is a sound as you or I

I agree with you thwre. It's the french political aristo cracy that dislike us. The average french guy is a sound as you or I
    Perhaps their aristocracy aren’t keen on ours, our highest aristocrats are German after all. The Germans did a bit of Notre Dame like damage to France in the two conflicts, honestly they did😂😂

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quasimodo and son have already got their bids in
    They said they’d fix the bells, the bells first

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Perhaps their aristocracy aren’t keen on ours, our highest aristocrats are German after all. The Germans did a bit of Notre Dame like damage to France in the two conflicts, honestly they did����
    It's not their aristocracy, it's their political 'aristocracy' or political elite if you will. They cut off the heads of all their aristocrats and a few thousand others people just didn't like and accused of being anti-republic in the great Terror. Nice peeps the french.