+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone done Qatar from Rhoose yet?

Has anyone done Qatar from Rhoose yet?

Been threatening it for a few years, but have now take the plunge, and have booked a holiday down under, I have been to Perth, 5 years ago and thus looked at Sydney but in the end the convenience of Rhoose has swayed it to Perth again, I only went (to Perth) two times 5 years ago as i stayed in Freemantle and Doris didn't go with me the last time so it will be a new adventure for her.

Re: Has anyone done Qatar from Rhoose yet?

going to hong kong via there in a few weeks

If she's a sort , I've done her

I flew back from Doha to Rhoose in October.
    They use the Dreamliner...best plane I’ve been on, even better than a 380 IMO...I was in business though.
    The plane was only about a third full.
    They reckon that they only need to sell 3 business class seats to break even due to the revenue they get from their cargo charges.
    So in short, yes I can recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Tone View Post
    They use the Dreamliner...best plane I’ve been on, even better than a 380 IMO...I was in business though.
    They reckon that they only need to sell 3 business class seats to break even due to the revenue they get from their cargo charges.
    Aye Dreamliner to Doha, and 380 onto Perth, was our 36th Anniversary this week so we have treated ourselves to Business for the flight's and a nice hotel for the stay. A few months away yet and don't take tomorrow as a given, but hopefully will be celebrating my birthday on Cottesloe beach with a beer

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Tone View Post
    That's really interesting, re the 3 business class seats. At that rate we should be able to keep them at CWL. I have flown Qatar twice and they are hands down the best airline I have flown with. Although I am hoping that will change when I fly to Singapore with Singapore airlines early next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    That's really interesting, re the 3 business class seats. At that rate we should be able to keep them at CWL. I have flown Qatar twice and they are hands down the best airline I have flown with. Although I am hoping that will change when I fly to Singapore with Singapore airlines early next year.
    Singapore Airlines is no 1 in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If she's a sort , I've done her
    Sorry to disappoint she's form the Barry ,hope she doesn't drone on

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Aye Dreamliner to Doha, and 380 onto Perth, was our 36th Anniversary this week so we have treated ourselves to Business for the flight's and a nice hotel for the stay. A few months away yet and don't take tomorrow as a given, but hopefully will be celebrating my birthday on Cottesloe beach with a beer
    I lived in Perth for 8 years came back in 2013 let me know if you want any advice on things to do whilst there

Flew to India with Qatar a few years before they flew out of Cardiff and they were outstanding. From London and that was also half empty but we lost track of how many bottles of wine we consumed ( knew I wouldn’t see another in India for some time so went to town so to speak lol). I would love to fly somewhere with them from Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Singapore Airlines is no 1 in my opinion
    Second that.

From my experience flying from oz to the uk over 8 year period

Emirates
    Singapore
    Qatar
    Thai
    Malaysia
    Royal Brunei

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post

Emirates
    Singapore
    Qatar
    Thai
    Malaysia
    Royal Brunei
    Fly a lot, but have never flown Emirates, Qatar, or Royal Brunei. Really have no desire to set foot in any of the Gulf States.

But do have happy memories of flying back to the UK with Thai. After a pretty good dinner, they brought a bottle of brandy round and asked did anyone want an after dinner drink. As I recall, my answer was yes please. As it was when they came round again.

These little things really colour your impressions of an airline.

I lived in Perth for 8 years came back in 2013 let me know if you want any advice on things to do whilst there
    Thank you, I will message when nearer the date

International

I flew from doha to Bangkok with Qatar and the plane, a 777, was like a cattle truck. It was going on to Ho Chi Min with a supposedly quick stop in Bangkok.
    Unfortunately someone took sick on the plane and there was no qualified person on board to help, so they said when we landed we would have to wait while a Doc came on board to treat her.
    The plane on our stand left 20-30 minutes late then we had to wait for the doctor to see this woman then attendants to get a stretcher into the rear passenger cabin and get her out before anyone could disembark.
    The plane was totally rammed, a lot of people changing to go on to go to India and Bangladesh. The poor passengers who were going on to Ho Chi Min weren't even earmarked to disembark so they were still sitting on the pane, waiting for the on coming passengers when we eventually got out into reasonably fresh (air-conditioned) air.
    We actually got off the plane about 11/2 hour late. In the mean while 2 380s which should have been behind us had disembarked in front of us so there were over 1000 people in the queue for immigration in front of us. I got out to where I was supposed to be meeting someone about 3 hours after we landed.
    It wasn't much better coming back.
    As for the Dreamliner, I fly on it often to Baku and back with Azal. I agree it's a lovely aircraft. It flies higher and gets me where I want to go faster, and in more comfort. I's choose it every day given the choice.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ryder bluebird View Post
    Second that.

They’re good and provide consistently good customer service but honestly New Zealand airlines is the best IMHO

However they NZ air don’t fly from Cardiff and neither do SIngapore airlines. Qatar are very good Doha is a shithole but as you will transit rather than stay it doesn’t matter

It’s a long long haul so anything you can do to make the time pass makes everything else seem better

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I flew from doha to Bangkok with Qatar and the plane, a 777, was like a cattle truck. It was going on to Ho Chi Min with a supposedly quick stop in Bangkok.
    Unfortunately someone took sick on the plane and there was no qualified person on board to help, so they said when we landed we would have to wait while a Doc came on board to treat her.
    The plane on our stand left 20-30 minutes late then we had to wait for the doctor to see this woman then attendants to get a stretcher into the rear passenger cabin and get her out before anyone could disembark.
    The plane was totally rammed, a lot of people changing to go on to go to India and Bangladesh. The poor passengers who were going on to Ho Chi Min weren't even earmarked to disembark so they were still sitting on the pane, waiting for the on coming passengers when we eventually got out into reasonably fresh (air-conditioned) air.
    We actually got off the plane about 11/2 hour late. In the mean while 2 380s which should have been behind us had disembarked in front of us so there were over 1000 people in the queue for immigration in front of us. I got out to where I was supposed to be meeting someone about 3 hours after we landed.
    It wasn't much better coming back.
    As for the Dreamliner, I fly on it often to Baku and back with Azal. I agree it's a lovely aircraft. It flies higher and gets me where I want to go faster, and in more comfort. I's choose it every day given the choice.

I was chatting to a flight engineer in Seoul who told me he’d never fly in a Dreamliner until certain safety works had been completed

Makes you think doesn’t it

Haven't flown with Qatar yet but I have heard great things about them, I've flown Singapore Airlines and they were amazing. I was very happy when Qatar announced they were flying out of Cardiff, a world class airline and it saves the dreaded 3-4 hour commute, each way for me to get to London.

Although I am worried that if we don't use it then we'll lose it soon, a family member used it last month and said it was very quiet on the Cardiff - Doha leg in both directions, so I like to encourage people to use it. For me personally it's easily worth paying £50-100pp extra to mean I haven't got to get to/from London in both time and fuel/transport.

You can still get great deals from Cardiff even though it's doesn't have the same offering as major airports, I'm living in Adelaide and I'm flying back to Cardiff for a month next year and I managed to get my flights for £660 return!! Insane to think I can fly from Australia to Wales with one stop for so little. I actually saw the other day there are Cardiff to Kathmandu flights between January and June for £367 return so there are amazing deals to be found.

Westminster needs to devolve APD to WAG though, Scotland has it fully devolved and even N.I have long haul devolved so unfair on us, if APD could be lowered or scapped it would bring fares right down!

Hey Wozza, I’m away ATM and typing on my phone, so will PM you later. I would like some gen on Adelaide. Thanks

Emirates
    Singapore
    Qatar
    Thai
    Malaysia
    Royal Brunei
    Of the two trips i have done to Dubai, i thought Etihad were better than Emirates and the 1st trip I did to Perth was with Cathay Pacific (business) which was top quality

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Of the two trips i have done to Dubai, i thought Etihad were better than Emirates and the 1st trip I did to Perth was with Cathay Pacific (business) which was top quality
    I flew to economy AD with Etihad, and although just OK, I'd paid extra for exit row seats. First mention for Cathay in this thread and agree with you, I flew to HCM via HK with them premium economy which was top drawer.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    I flew to economy AD with Etihad, and although just OK, I'd paid extra for exit row seats. First mention for Cathay in this thread and agree with you, I flew to HCM via HK with them premium economy which was top drawer.
    I had a 7 hour wait in HK for the flight to Perth, had to suffer the wing lounge in HK airport, its the only business class lounge that i have been in, so cannot compare it to any other but it was brilliant (facilities, food, beverage, showers etc.)

But still no flight to NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    But still no flight to NYC.
    You can fly to NYC via Dublin or Amsterdam from Cardiff! You can also clear customs by flying via Dublin, a lot quicker than trying to get through customs in America?

Just checked out a pair of return flights for next Autumn, cost £700 more than from Heathrow. That's a non-starter.