+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ticket upgrades?

Ticket upgrades?

Just rang the ticket office to see if I could upgrade an oap season ticket to an adult and was told they have stopped doing it? My dad can’t make the Liverpool game so wanted to take a friend along, ticket office said following the trouble at the Man Utd game they’ve stopped doing it. Bit of a pain and I’ve promised someone the ticket. Has anyone else come across this?

Re: Ticket upgrades?

Quote Originally Posted by THE DON View Post
    Just rang the ticket office to see if I could upgrade an oap season ticket to an adult and was told they have stopped doing it? My dad can’t make the Liverpool game so wanted to take a friend along, ticket office said following the trouble at the Man Utd game they’ve stopped doing it. Bit of a pain and I’ve promised someone the ticket. Has anyone else come across this?
    I did this for the Man City game and plan to do it for the Liverpool game too :-(

I only have my boy 50/50 with the ex so he misses a handful of games. I take an adult and upgrade when i don't have him.

No-one seems to notice at the turnstiles as to whether an orange light illuminates, flagging up a concession ticket - and if you are concerned about the possibility you can always distract any steward by engaging them in conversation as your friend comes through the turnstile.

I'm pretty sure i have done it since the Man U game too. Maybe Huddersfield game i took somebody else.

I'm just going to go to the ticket office and make a fuss if they won't upgrade it. I'm pretty sure they will when they look at my history and see i have upgraded a few times this season. I cannot see any notices on the club website stating that they have stopped doing this.

I'm pretty sure they make it up as they go along. My pal and i emailed the ticket office after the Brighton game got moved to refund our tickets. I was told there was no way to do this via email and i had to call. His were refunded to his card with confirmation via email. We both payed by card online... go figure?

a flat cap always makes someone look 25 years older

I have just experienced the same problem. My two grandsons accompany me to most matches but are away for the Easter holiday. Very unfair penalising the many for the few who have obviously sold their tickets to away supporters. Better to make an example of who have taken that route. They apparently have traced back the season ticket holders who did this. Sometimes I am away and I upgrade for one of their fathers to take them. The club need to come up with better ideas which does not penalise the majority of supporters. I have just renewed my season tickets but am not happy with what the club has decided.

Could I buy spare ticket off you please - so far off truth if you think I am lpool fan !

The issue is simple. The club sensibly don’t want plastic local scousers in the home end. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    No-one seems to notice at the turnstiles as to whether an orange light illuminates, flagging up a concession ticket - and if you are concerned about the possibility you can always distract any steward by engaging them in conversation as your friend comes through the turnstile.
    This.

I have purposely gone through with my child's ticket just to see what might happen. Nothing ever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    I have purposely gone through with my child's ticket just to see what might happen. Nothing ever happens.
    ....nothing happens at all

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Doesn't the needle return to the start of the song though?

The needle returns to the start of the song...

I have also done this btw and haven’t been stopped once.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Doesn't the needle return to the start of the song though?
    And we all go through the turnstile like before

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    The needle returns to the start of the song...

I have also done this btw and haven’t been stopped once.
    The stewards don’t really care do they, they just have to look busy. It’s like when they ask to see your card at the bottom of the steps, just for a laugh I’ve flashed my Halifax cash card at them and they just wave you on.

My mate got stopped going into the Ninian stand a couple of years ago with his dad's oap ticket.

I guess if you go in when it's at it's busiest then that'll reduce your chances of getting stopped.

Most of the time no one is standing inside by the turnstiles. If someone is go back ten minutes later and they will probably be gone. Or as said above, one of you just ask them a question as the other is about to come through.