+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Im still confident

Im still confident

I still believe we will be a premier league club next season.

My opinion may change if we do not take all 3 points tonight but something about this season makes me think we will stay up.

Re: Im still confident

I'm still hopeful, just

Super City were 14-1 about staying up a few days ago, now the best price available is 11-1 so some people have evidently expressed their confidence by risking their wonga.

I can't say that I'm confident, but if it's possible for City to move within two points of Brighton tonight, then it's possible (with some momentum for us and the opposite for Brighton) for us to overtake Brighton at the end of play on 12th May.

We have to take the game to Brighton and take away the three points tonight. We have to. There is no other positive outcome or goal for City.

As others have said, there's no point in sitting back. We have to take the game to them, put their nervous defence and midfield under pressure from the start. Make the Brighton fans nervous. We can't be gung ho and leave huge gaps, but we have to keep the pressure on them. Use the stops in play to our advantage. Be deliberate in everything we do.

We know what we have to do. Brighton know what they have to do.

Come on City let's do it !!!!

I'll get back to you later.

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    I can't say that I'm confident, but if it's possible for City to move within two points of Brighton tonight, then it's possible (with some momentum for us and the opposite for Brighton) for us to overtake Brighton at the end of play on 12th May.

We have to take the game to Brighton and take away the three points tonight. We have to. There is no other positive outcome or goal for City.

As others have said, there's no point in sitting back. We have to take the game to them, put their nervous defence and midfield under pressure from the start. Make the Brighton fans nervous. We can't be gung ho and leave huge gaps, but we have to keep the pressure on them. Use the stops in play to our advantage. Be deliberate in everything we do.

We know what we have to do. Brighton know what they have to do.

Come on City let's do it !!!!
    a point would not be the worst thing in the world - we still have fulham & palace to go.

a loss though and it's all over.

I fully expect BHA to sit back and breaking down defences is not something we are used to,

My money is on Nil-Nil - 13/2

I just hope Brighton don't play dirty like Burnley and give us a majority of the possession (54% at Turf Moor).

It ruins our game!

PS - I'm certainly not confident. Still have enough misplaced hope to make it a very nervous night, though.

lets prey ,we are due some luck

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I just hope Brighton don't play dirty like Burnley and give us a majority of the possession (54% at Turf Moor).

It ruins our game!

PS - I'm certainly not confident. Still have enough misplaced hope to make it a very nervous night, though.
    Anything less than a win and I think we're done for. I can't see us getting maximum points from Fulham and Palace. And obviously, Man U and Liverpool will be playing for maximum points until the end.

Sorry. quoted the wrong post.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    a point would not be the worst thing in the world - we still have fulham & palace to go.

a loss though and it's all over.

I fully expect BHA to sit back and breaking down defences is not something we are used to,

My money is on Nil-Nil - 13/2
    Whilst I see what you're saying, this is the biggest chance of making a huge difference to overtaking Brighton.

With a win tonight we have to gain 3 more points in our remaining 4 games than Brighton in their remaining 5.

Momentum and belief in achieving our goal will be on our side.

Assuming an optimistic maximum of 6 or 7 points from our last 4 games, then that will leave Brighton needing 4 or 5 points from their remaining games.
    That might be difficult for Brighton to achieve.

A draw still leaves us having to gain a 6 point swing.
    There will be no room for any further lost points away at Fulham and home at Palace. Any extra points against Liverpool and Man United will be a massive bonus.

Even if we do get those 6 points and snatch a draw against Liverpool or Man United, Brighton will either need one draw (if we get 6 points), or one win or two draws (if we snatch 7 points), from their last 5 games.

That, I think will be a step too far, as momentum and belief will be on Brighton's side.

I think the team will be confident after tonight!