+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wayne Hennessey - not racist but ignorant

Wayne Hennessey - not racist but ignorant

The FA have released their reasons for clearing Hennessey of the 'Nazi salute' allegation from the Crystal Palace team-bonding meal in January.

Seems he is not racist, which is good news, but he is incredibly ignorant. How can anyone not know what a Nazi salute is?

https://www.theguardian.com/football...azis-salute-fa

Re: Wayne Hennessey - not racist but ignorant

Maybe it was just his defence. I’ve heard he’s not the sharpest tool mind.

After seeing the photos of him shouting when he’s in goal I’m convinced it wasn’t a Nazi salute too. Every photo of the guy shouting looks the same.

Saying that just seen the original again, it looks pretty bad

God knows how many un-PC things many of us did before the ubiquitous smartphones captured such things at every turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    God knows how many un-PC things many of us did before the ubiquitous smartphones captured such things at every turn.
    You're quite right but these guys in the public eye have all sorts of media training and if he didnt realise the implications of his actions we are in a scary place. A 30 year old to not have the slightest of knowledge the effect that fascism had in Europe in the 30s and 40s is scary. No wonder the likes of Farage and Robinson have gained so much support.

I wouldn't even consider it to be un-PC. Holding two fingers to your upper lip and sticking your arm up in the air isn't racist, it's just a parody, one which probably most of us have done at some time in the past....

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    You're quite right but these guys in the public eye have all sorts of media training and if he didnt realise the implications of his actions we are in a scary place. A 30 year old to not have the slightest of knowledge the effect that fascism had in Europe in the 30s and 40s is scary. No wonder the likes of Farage and Robinson have gained so much support.
    What implications ?

That's ballocks every one knows what a nazi salute is

While I wouldn't upload it to social Media ( and he did not in fairness )

I really hope it is not now going to be wrong to do Nazi salutes in a comedic context, it is a great tonic to laugh and ridicule at the Nazi regime, Salutes have been used by comedians and in film/tv since day 1.

I remember as a child my granddad and myself used it to wind my mother up (she had a reputation of being bossy) and we called her my fuhrer salute and all, I found it hilarious and my granddad obviously had a sense of humour considering he served and lost half his family during ww2.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I agree. Also, it was people in their 20's and 30's who voted for Hitler at the time too. Older Germans were generally more wary of old Adolf.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I wouldn't even consider it to be un-PC. Holding two fingers to your upper lip and sticking your arm up in the air isn't racist, it's just a parody, one which probably most of us have done at some time in the past....
    Agreed, he should have just said he was joking with mates. He’s obviously not a neo nazi ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Agreed, he should have just said he was joking with mates. He’s obviously not a neo nazi ffs.
    He does qualify as a dickhead though, I mean who does that!!

There are obviously many paragons of virtue around who have led totally blameless lives.

Just seen the photo for the first time. Hard pressed to say it was anything else really.

Wayne Hennessey is ‘desperate’ to learn about the Nazis, says Roy Hodgson

https://www.theguardian.com/football...crystal-palace

International

There are obviously many paragons of virtue around who have led totally blameless lives.
    There are thousands just on here.

Of course WH knows exactly what he did.

This was just his defence after he chose to continue his "lie" from day one in the first place.

Bloody right ,if smartphones had been around In 1934 none of this would have mattered.