+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'd actually rather

Re: I'd actually rather

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Cos they’re shit.
    This is the biggie. They are dreadful. And I really don't rate the manager.

They are still favourites to stay up, but from the outside looking in, it reminds me of that season where we failed to qualify for the playoffs when we were almost mathematically certain to make it. After that defeat at Preston [10 years ago tomorrow, by the way] we all knew what was coming, no matter how improbable... Brighton remind me of that, and have done for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post

They are still favourites to stay up, but from the outside looking in, it reminds me of that season where we failed to qualify for the playoffs when we were almost mathematically certain to make it. After that defeat at Preston [10 years ago tomorrow, by the way] we all knew what was coming, no matter how improbable... Brighton remind me of that, and have done for weeks.
    I was thinking the same for some time, but then when they beat Huddersfield and Palace in successive matches I changed my mind and thought they'd be alright. I still did until Saturday, but to lose in that manner to a side as out of form as Bournemouth were had the potential to be devastating for them.

Your comparison with what happened to us after that 6-0 at Preston is a good one and I firmly believe the opportunity is there for us now because Brighton have a real downward momentum about them - in it's way, losing to us will be more shattering for them than the Bournemouth game was.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was thinking the same for some time, but then when they beat Huddersfield and Palace in successive matches I changed my mind and thought they'd be alright. I still did until Saturday, but to lose in that manner to a side as out of form as Bournemouth were had the potential to be devastating for them.

Your comparison with what happened to us after that 6-0 at Preston is a good one and I firmly believe the opportunity is there for us now because Brighton have a real downward momentum about them - in it's way, losing to us will be more shattering for them than the Bournemouth game was.
    Been saying never say never and thinking if that awful game at Preston and the impact it had on us and Preston.

Hopefully the same will happen with us being the beneficiaries this time.

If they couldn't bounce back after the 5-0 defeat against Bournemouth, then they're heads are in totally the wrong at the wrong time.

It seems as though some of their players were arguing amongst each other and Knockaert's rash challenge on Saturday may be a symptom of deep unrest and uncertainty.

We now have to focus on us and take each game as it comes. Focus on each phase of play and how we make sure it benefits us in each small way.

I don’t think we played all that well last night, we still look really ropey at the back and I think Brighton’s poor performance made us look a bit better than we were. Probably the first time this season that the opposition gave the ball away more than us.

We’ll have to play better than we did last night in order to beat Fulham, who have nothing to play for and that often means teams play better, and Palace.

We still have a better run-in than Brighton though staying up is achievable.

I’m not sure they’ll beat wolves but a point is not unrealistic, meaning one more win could be enough for them.

However, I seem to recall our last time in the premier league. On a bank holiday Sunday, when the sun was shining, with a 4pm kick off on TV, and a title chasing team came to Cardiff and lost....

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post

There were loads of people on this board calling for him to be our manager at one time. Persoanlly, I've never seen the attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Wolves have been very sloppy this year in games they are expected to win
    I think Brighton will get a draw at Wolves, but that will be the last point they pick up, we'll need a win and a draw to get over the line.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Yes, this is a worry.
    Brighton seem to be wolves bogey team looking at their head to head stats since 1969 they have played each other 31 times, wolves only winning 6 , drawing 10 and losing 15

The odds for Brighton to lose their next three matches is only 7/2 on Coral.

I think Wolves will beat Brighton comfortably. I dont think Wolves are great at the moment but Brighton are shot. I fancy us to win either against Palace or Fulham and I'd love it if we could grab a point against Liverpool and Citeh win the league on goal difference.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I think Wolves will beat Brighton comfortably. I dont think Wolves are great at the moment but Brighton are shot. I fancy us to win either against Palace or Fulham and I'd love it if we could grab a point against Liverpool and Citeh win the league on goal difference.
    Brighton are rapidly losing their goal difference too. 10 goals in their last three league matches is very poor.

I'd love to be proved wrong, but I think that one win or two draws will be enough to keep Brighton up.

We really need Wolves to do us a favour on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Brighton are rapidly losing their goal difference too. 10 goals in their last three league matches is very poor.
    They're still 12 better than us in gd.
    While they could lose heavily in some of their upcoming games, I can't see us keeping many clean sheets either.