+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can we overturn Liverpool?

Can we overturn Liverpool?

Just imagine if we did.....

Liverpool are sure to have a result like that in them soon aren't they? Would be amazing if it was v us.

Re: Can we overturn Liverpool?

Liverpool will get 2 pelanties mark my words

If Carlsberg did end of seasons . . . . . .

We’ll need to match their energy and their intensity to start with.

I feel like for the sake of morale we need to stay within a couple of points of Brighton, so a draw would be fantastic, assuming they don’t beat Wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Liverpool will get 2 pelanties mark my words
    Who is the ref?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Who is the ref?
    I don’t think it matters :haha:

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I feel like for the sake of morale we need to stay within a couple of points of Brighton, so a draw would be fantastic, assuming they don’t beat Wolves.
    I worry that Wolves are usually poor against crap teams. It wouldn't be a surprise to see Brighton pick-up something there.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Who is the ref?
    Martin Atkinson
    Our record isn’t too bad under him this season.
    Won 2 of the 3 games he’s officiated.
    The 1 loss was against Burnley at home.

You never know. After win like tonight. We are due a scalp and Liverpool are due a scalping.

Still, never gonna happen

To destroy the hopes of all those irritating plastic scousers would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    To destroy the hopes of all those irritating plastic scousers would be awesome.
    Oh yes , I dont think I'd recover ,if we won ,I hate them

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Oh yes , I dont think I'd recover ,if we won ,I hate them
    Ditto ^^^^

Nah, don't think so.

Everything is possible, though a few weeks ago they were looking less convincing.

Even though there's pressure on us, we are not really expected to get anything from the game. Liverpool have to win, anything less for them will be a disaster.

The pressure is on Liverpool and if the team remembers that, can keep focussed on not conceding a goal and possession in the most dangerous areas, then as the game progresses hopefully Liverpool will start to open up for us to get a breakaway or even play with tension and not take advantage of the inevitable possession they will have.

Look back at the results of teams who play a few days after a European away game and you'll see they usually struggle. We'll never get a better chance to beat them, especially with them needing to win (nerves). Trust Warnock to have a gameplan.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    If Carlsberg did end of seasons . . . . . .
    Exactly, I would love to see this in a pub with some phoney Cardiff based pool fans in....save our season and end their dream. What a day that would be.....the jacks turned them over last season, it is do able

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I don’t think it matters :haha:

It does....

Last time in the Premier League we beat Manchester City at home and many moons ago we beat Leeds when they were the top of the league. Miracles can happen unlikely though it may seem.

Need to be even better than v Chelsea and have some luck. Nothing is impossible. Every game a cup final.

Imagine if Salah does a Gerrard on Sunday - briefly takes his eye off the ball, then slips as he sees Niasse picking up the ball and runs through to goal to score.

It's a daft dream cos obviously Niasse would put it wide.

Can we ? Yes.

Will we ? Probably not.

But we can dream.

I thought we was going to get humiliated at Wembley and really we deserved to win it if only kenny Miller

Most we can hope for I think is a draw, which will feel like a win in our current situation. We also have to ditch singing a song for Sala just for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    Most we can hope for I think is a draw, which will feel like a win in our current situation. We also have to ditch singing a song for Sala just for this game.
    [

How come

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Last time in the Premier League we beat Manchester City at home and many moons ago we beat Leeds when they were the top of the league. Miracles can happen unlikely though it may seem.
    It’s as close as you’d get to a giant killing between two teams in the same league.

I’m pretty sure none of the current bottom three hace pulled off one of those.

I’d just put 10 players behind the ball and try to get a 0-0. Maybe sneak a 1-0 from a set-piece/corner.