+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Climate protesting tossers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Climate protesting tossers

Ignore them. The little children and older idiots will soon go home when they get bored because we are ignoring them.
    Discuss.

Re: Climate protesting tossers

How are you ignoring them by starting a thread about them?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

Climate change is the biggest threat to the world, brexit is feck all, yet countries are playing lip service, including ours.
    Good luck to the protesters.
    💪

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Climate change is the biggest threat to the world, brexit is feck all, yet countries are playing lip service, including ours.
    💪
    You're totally wrong. The UK's record on the environment is as good as any Western economy. Go to China [not by plane though], where the are building a coal-fired power station every month. India, Pakistan, etc.

These people do f*ck all, just tell others how to live - dont' fly, don't eat meat, don't drive. Yet they're nearly all privileged, with the time and money to go round screwing everybody else before they go back to Mummy and Daddy and their ponies..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    You're totally wrong. The UK's record on the environment is as good as any Western economy. Go to China [not by plane though], where the are building a coal-fired power station every month. India, Pakistan, etc.

These people do f*ck all, just tell others how to live - dont' fly, don't eat meat, don't drive. Yet they're nearly all privileged, with the time and money to go round screwing everybody else before they go back to Mummy and Daddy and their ponies..
    We might be better than China but all countries can do better, a lot more in fact. In that respect, he's not "totally wrong".

I think I can detect a real generational difference of opinion, between those worried about the future and those who couldn't care less and just think they're being hassled.

Very serious subject, but a bit of humour is ok sometimes too. Quote from a mate's mum: "those climate change protesters have been very lucky with the weather".

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    We might be better than China but all countries can do better, a lot more in fact. In that respect, he's not "totally wrong".

I think I can detect a real generational difference of opinion, between those worried about the future and those who couldn't care less and just think they're being hassled.
    I'm sure it seems like that but I think it's more a question of not like being told by everyone and his dog how to live their lives, what to eat, etc, etc. Personally I do what I can to look after the environment around me...

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post

Isn't that sort of their point though? Saying our record is as good as any other Western nation and far better than worst performing isn't good enough, we're in a position where doing what is comfortable isn't good enough, and while we can't control what China is doing we can control what the UK is doing. There are protestors in other nations, perhaps not China, who are saying exactly the same thing with their countries respectively.

Privileged voice giving that message or not, it seems to be a clear statement about how close we are as a planet to things getting very messy.

💪
    You ahve a point. We are due an ice age, so keep those greenhouse gasses going.

Bollocks. Good point.
    All power to them maybe they can be put in charge of Brexit.
    I’m on the gin obviously after last nights brilliant win.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Bollocks. Good point.
    fair play

It's a nice couple of days out for them.

💪
    Exactly

💪
    You could argue that oceans littered with plastic could scupper mankind Before climate change does 🤔

Did you see that snowflake on sky news, he couldn't handle being cross examined so walked off

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Did you see that snowflake on sky news, he couldn't handle being cross examined so walked off
    He walked off after being insulted rather than "cross examined". It's a pity these interviewers don't "cross examine" our politicians more robustly, imagine the outcry if he'd called Rees-Mogg and Johnson "a load of incompetent, upper class self indulgent people who want to tell us how to live our lives."

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    It was Adam Boulton conducting the interview, what do you expect?

Bollocks. Good point.
    You need to do your bit.....start swimming to games from the Channel Islands😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    You need to do your bit.....start swimming to games from the Channel Islands😂😂😂
    I probably do more climate damage at every away game attended than the other 2000 faithful combined.
    Worth it after last night mind 😊

I probably do more climate damage at every away game attended than the other 2000 faithful combined.
    Worth it after last night mind 😊
    Congrats.

Made me chuckle that the protesters had put their plants in plastic pots, and were also drinking coffee from non-recyclable Costa cups.

Ignore them. The little children and older idiots will soon go home when they get bored because we are ignoring them.
    Discuss.
    David Attenborough reckons climate change is a genuine threat to the planet and it's future existence, Donald Trump says otherwise, hard to know who to believe.

International

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    David Attenborough reckons climate change is a genuine threat to the planet and it's future existence, Donald Trump says otherwise, hard to know who to believe.