+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Climate protesting tossers

Re: Climate protesting tossers

When America stops taking the piss, maybe I will take the ‘environment’ a bit more seriously. Until then, I’m not making myself a martyr when we already do quite a lot for what’s currently reasonably practicable

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    When America stops taking the piss, maybe I will take the ‘environment’ a bit more seriously. Until then, I’m not making myself a martyr when we already do quite a lot for what’s currently reasonably practicable
    The schoolchild they are exploiting today is recommending we stop shale gas exploration.
    Err surely that can’t be right.
    Did she walk here. No she came by train.
    Ridiculous.

International

By train? I thought she is Swedish.!!

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    The schoolchild they are exploiting today is recommending we stop shale gas exploration.
    Ridiculous.
    I do agree with fracking but wouldn’t be happy if it was right next to my house.

It is the future but they should do it rurally

Ridiculous.
    That is a monumentally poor attempt at making a really stupid point.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    That is a monumentally poor attempt at making a really stupid point.
    She is a child being exploited by adults.
    What don’t you understand.

Aren’t trains the most environmentally friendly ways to travel long distances?

I do agree with fracking but wouldn’t be happy if it was right next to my house.

It is the future but they should do it rurally
    Why do you think it’s the future? Do you not believe all the negative things that come with it?

Surely the future is nuclear and renewables.

Do you have to wait for another country to do something on a local level? What do you think we're doing now that's unreasonable?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I work in alternative energy so not completely clueless but I’m not sure how they’d get 0% but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible.

Im clueless how end homelessness too but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible or should be ignored.

It sounds like you’ve just decided you don’t like the protesters and will take the counter point. I think a lot of how they’ve gone about things is the wrong way but that doesn’t mean they don’t have a point or aren’t championing a worthwhile cause.

It’s like having a go at the suffragettes for ruining horse racing.
    You work in alternative energy, yet don't have anywhere near the answers to their demands.
    Surely, they need to have some ideas as to how to achieve their goals, otherwise they're unrealistic pipe dreams.

My goal might be to have a villa in the South of France with a yacht. If I have no idea as to how I'm going to achieve that goal, then it's absolute nonsense.

She is a child being exploited by adults.
    What don’t you understand.
    Exploited how?

Aren’t trains the most environmentally friendly ways to travel long distances?
    No, she should have walked and foraged for berries along the way otherwise her point is invalid. Don't you know how this works?

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    You work in alternative energy, yet don't have anywhere near the answers to their demands.
    Surely, they need to have some ideas as to how to achieve their goals, otherwise they're unrealistic pipe dreams.

My goal might be to have a villa in the South of France with a yacht. If I have no idea as to how I'm going to achieve that goal, then it's absolute nonsense.
    Your analogy is complete shit, other countries have cut down massively. We’ve got elected officials who could plan a huge reduction easily. I don’t know because it isn’t my ****ing job to lower our emissions by 80%

At a high level it’s easy to say how to do it, it’s how you implement it that’s tricky and that’s why we have elected officials. It isn’t impossible at all.

Your analogy is complete shit, other countries have cut down massively. We’ve got elected officials who could plan a huge reduction easily. I don’t know because it isn’t my ****ing job to lower our emissions by 80%

At a high level it’s easy to say how to do it, it’s how you implement it that’s tricky and that’s why we have elected officials. It isn’t impossible at all.
    The US has seen the biggest reduction in carbon emissions over the last 20 years, with the UK not far behind. In the EU, carbon emissions are increasing

http://www.aei.org/publication/chart...-this-century/

But we're (collectively as the UK) are not doing enough. No point waking up to hear about more aggressive flooding this winter and saying it's America's fault for not doing enough.

But you're a damn sight closer to that dream than myself who walks around saying there's no point trying because China is too big to compete with.

You don't like my analogy, but your opinion and attitude is shit.

Someone disagrees with you or has a different opinion to you, you become a typical abusive keyboard warrior. It's quite humorous 🙄😉

Britain and USA have cut down more than most.
    I wasn't talking about 'just' reducing emissions, but by 80% or to net zero in 5 years is unrealistic and even if we did somehow reduce it as much as that, then as severncity has shown China, Russia and India emit ridiculous amounts.

It's like someone trying to put out a raging fire with a glass of water.

We do our bit and feel good about ourselves, while the big players destroy the planet.

If we stop cows farting we can win this .

Blog Entries

Someone disagrees with you or has a different opinion to you, you become a typical abusive keyboard warrior. It's quite humorous 

I wasn't talking about 'just' reducing emissions, but by 80% or to net zero in 5 years is unrealistic and even if we did somehow reduce it as much as that, then as severncity has shown China, Russia and India emit ridiculous amounts.

We do our bit and feel good about ourselves, while the big players destroy the planet.
    Reminded me of this..

The UK’s population is 4% of China’s though. So again I don’t see why getting the U.K. to improve its carbon emissions is a bad thing.

Everyone knows China needs to improve but so does every country.
    China’s carbon emissions per capita are higher than the UK’s and have been for a decade. China’s emissions per capita are increasing while ours are falling.

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator...C?locations=SE

Someone disagrees with you or has a different opinion to you, you become a typical abusive keyboard warrior. It's quite humorous ����

You got him/her/gender neutral absolutely spot on.

Scores of celebrities and the rich have arrived in Sicily for a Google conference. They came in 114 private jets and a flotilla of super yachts. The conference is on global warming.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    China’s carbon emissions per capita are higher than the UK’s and have been for a decade. China’s emissions per capita are increasing while ours are falling.

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator...C?locations=SE
    Why isn't that little girl sailing to China and protesting there .