Recent events the last few weeks [including last night I must admit], got me thinking about a couple of managers in the media.

1. Scott Parker.

From the moment he was appointed there was almost universal approval from Fulham fans and also across the media. Somehow they all think he's the best thing since sliced bread, even though he hasn't managed any team directly. I had never heard him speak but when he had his first couple of interviews on Radio and TV, he could hardly string a coherent sentence together. He sounds a moron, which I'm sure he's not, but when your players can speak a lot better than you can, you do wonder exactly how bright he is. True, he isn't a contestant on University Challenge but I was expecting at least a snippet of footballing wisdom. My hunch that he isn't going to be Fulham's saviour was boosted by the notorious "players' vote". Always a bad sign..

2. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Four years ago he left City to go back to Molde. Something magical then happened. The inept, lost, clueless, un-inspiring, hapless Norwegian was transformed into the manager who breathed new life into the most famous club in the world, achieving a run of results that has transformed the club, the players, the fans. He gets the job for 3yrs. Move on a bit and the last 7 games have seen 2 wins, one draw, and 4 defeats. He looks like that little-boy-lost again that we saw towards the end of our last season in the Premiership. The "thank God Mourinho has gone" effect has worn off.

3. Neil Warnock.

For me, the next 4/5 games for City and Brighton is all about Warnock and Hughton. Hughton hasn't had anywhere near the pressure that our Neil has faced. Brighton should be safe but the manager can't stop the rot. If we get thumped 0-5 by Liverpool it won't phase Warnock - he'll just crack a joke and get on with the next game. Hughton will probably get on with the next game if they lose again, but I doubt he'll crack a joke and get his players up and ready for the fight like our Neil will...