+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FT: Man City 4 - 3 Spurs. Spurs win on away goals

Re: FT: Man City 4 - 3 Spurs. Spurs win on away goals

I hope Spurs don’t take the night off against Brighton !!

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    I hope Spurs don’t take the night off against Brighton !!
    They’re still not guaranteed a top 4 spot, it’s tight from 3rd-6th.
    Hoping they see that as a step to consolidate a European spot by getting 3pts.

I'd p.ss myself if after all this Man city quadruple talk, all they end up with will be the league cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    I'd p.ss myself if after all this Man city quadruple talk, all they end up with will be the league cup.
    I wouldn't. It would mean Liverpool winning the league!

Completely against VAR. Imagine some of the greatest goals in recent times such as Chopra last minute v the Jacks and Ben Turner v Liverpool being checked by VAR to confirm no offside, you'd be waiting to celebrate.

The Chopra one especially he looked miles off, it would just lose the moment of going mad with your mates for me.

I don't think that is worth correcting the odd decisions that go wrong. And I'm still saying that after Azpilicueta's "goal", I can't see me ever changing my mind on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Completely against VAR. Imagine some of the greatest goals in recent times such as Chopra last minute v the Jacks and Ben Turner v Liverpool being checked by VAR to confirm no offside, you'd be waiting to celebrate.

The Chopra one especially he looked miles off, it would just lose the moment of going mad with your mates for me.

I don't think that is worth correcting the odd decisions that go wrong. And I'm still saying that after Azpilicueta's "goal", I can't see me ever changing my mind on it.
    I'm with you on this. It was farcical to a point last night, unless the technology is there where it can be instant then I just don't like it. It was dramatic to watch as a neutral but in the end it's VAR getting mentioned again. I just don't see how it fits into the game as we know it, other games are stop-start in nature, rugby try decisions take place when the kicker would be setting up anyway. American football has more stoppages than Tyson. Cricket is well...cricket.

It's also still not "fair" as 99% of the match is officiated only by the ref and his two sidekicks. The build up to these decisions is still the result of decisions made by the ref alone, whether they are correct or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I'm with you on this. It was farcical to a point last night, unless the technology is there where it can be instant then I just don't like it. It was dramatic to watch as a neutral but in the end it's VAR getting mentioned again. I just don't see how it fits into the game as we know it, other games are stop-start in nature, rugby try decisions take place when the kicker would be setting up anyway. American football has more stoppages than Tyson. Cricket is well...cricket.

It's also still not "fair" as 99% of the match is officiated only by the ref and his two sidekicks. The build up to these decisions is still the result of decisions made by the ref alone, whether they are correct or not.
    Reminds me of having a chat with some rugby league fans years ago, they reckoned they had bugger all to talk about regarding the game after a match because every decision was ‘correct’. I like a bit of controversy me..

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, it’s getting like a computer game !!!!

Great for the “plastic armchair viewer”, but shite for those who attend live games.

It’s crazy, that a goal MAYBE disallowed for a foul that happened 50 yards away and a minute earlier.

It’ll drive fans away from live games, as it will become farcical

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, it’s getting like a computer game !!!!

Great for the “plastic armchair viewer”, but shite for those who attend live games.

It’s crazy, that a goal MAYBE disallowed for a foul that happened 50 yards away and a minute earlier.

It’ll drive fans away from live games, as it will become farcical
    Just as well make it like Ask The Audience on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. It is a bit ridiculous, will it get to the stage where every time a goal is scored the crowd instead of going crackers will fall silent waiting for the protest or doubt? Nearly every goal scored has a relatively recent contentious issue, how far back will the officials go? I every goal the City concede I come up with ah but two minutes ago it was our throw, or one of our lot was definitely shoved when they won possession etc etc. Why ruin the beautiful game?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Just as well make it like Ask The Audience on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. It is a bit ridiculous, will it get to the stage where every time a goal is scored the crowd instead of going crackers will fall silent waiting for the protest or doubt? Nearly every goal scored has a relatively recent contentious issue, how far back will the officials go? I every goal the City concede I come up with ah but two minutes ago it was our throw, or one of our lot was definitely shoved when they won possession etc etc. Why ruin the beautiful game?
    I was having the same conversation today,it will make the game so sterile what will be the pointno after match debates no arguments no point in going just watch at home.