+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FT: Man City 4 - 3 Spurs. Spurs win on away goals

Re: Man City Vs Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Exactly, he’s talking through his arse, 32,000 for a home game against York City, must have been coaches there from all over the UK & Europe😂😂
    I was always envious of their support and they were a club I wanted to do well.

Yes it’s getting a bit boring now with them being so much better than the rest and not needing to get out of 2nd gear to beat most teams but that’s not the fans fault!

Obviously they’ve picked up new fans along the way but what club that gets new found success doesn’t?

Laporte has been at fault for all 3 of Tottenham's goals

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    f

the best thing to come out of Manchester is the M6 south. Man City exemplify all that's wrong with football with silly money, silly wages and anything but a level playing field. Ajax for the title.
    When has English football been a level playing field? Even in maximum wage days you had Sunderland ‘The Bank of England Club’ . Arsenal in the 30s lived above the means of other clubs. There’s always been clubs richer than others with wealthier benefactors. Indeed where would we have been without Scam’s money? (Which turned out to be not his money😂). I’m all for Man City putting Man U & Liverpool in their place.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    When has English football been a level playing field? Even in maximum wage days you had Sunderland ‘The Bank of England Club’ . Arsenal in the 30s lived above the means of other clubs. There’s always been clubs richer than others with wealthier benefactors. Indeed where would we have been without Scam’s money? (Which turned out to be not his money😂). I’m all for Man City putting Man U & Liverpool in their place.
    Spot on.

Yes the numbers are obscene now but it’s only what Liverpool did in the 80s, United in the 90s and Chelsea in the 00s did. It’s not like City are the only ones spending either.

You have to say fair play to Spurs for competing against the spending power of the other big clubs.

5 - 3

90+3

5-3!
    Spurs have themselves to blame trying to play it out

VAR checking

disallowed

off side

Disallowed

Unbelievable

I am ****ing gutted I cancelled BT Sport

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Spot on.

Yes the numbers are obscene now but it’s only what Liverpool did in the 80s, United in the 90s and Chelsea in the 00s did. It’s not like City are the only ones spending either.

You have to say fair play to Spurs for competing against the spending power of the other big clubs.
    Didn't Utd have a rigid pay structure? I didn't think they were the best paid in the league. I've not bothered gathering evidence but the money team of the 1990s was, to my mind, Newcastle that tried to buy the league and failed. Arsenal to a degree too. I'm not saying Utd were on a modest budget but I think of them as a team that grew their own and spent well rather than buying success.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    5 - 3

90+3
    Correction 4-3

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    5 - 3

90+3
    or not

haha Man City

Re: FT: Man City 4 - 3 Spurs. Spurs win on away goals

I hope City smash em on Sunday then we smash the scouse twats

Sick of Var ruining football by helping refs get decisions right.

One of the best games I’ve ever seen

Brighton still have to play those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Didn't Utd have a rigid pay structure? I didn't think they were the best paid in the league. I've not bothered gathering evidence but the money team of the 1990s was, to my mind, Newcastle that tried to buy the league and failed. Arsenal to a degree too. I'm not saying Utd were on a modest budget but I think of them as a team that grew their own and spent well rather than buying success.
    United were splashing cash on the likes of Pallister, Ince, Yorke, Cole.etc

What a game!

VAR ruins emotions in football.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Don’t forget Blackburn and Jack Walker, they spent their way to the title.

Unbelievable Jeff!

Perhaps Man City fans have a feeling similar to how we felt after the Chelsea game, one of their hearts being ripped out?

The difference being that they lost to a correct decision.

That was absolutely ****ing amazing, Love VAR - I'm almost shaking and I don't even give a shit about either of these teams.