+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our record v the bottom 5

Our record v the bottom 5

Played 7 Won 5 drawn 2 lost 0- 17 points.

Those who still can't seem to understand how we got 90 points in the championship last year and think we were lucky should reflect on those figures.

Just Fulham to play to complete the set now.....

Re: Our record v the bottom 5

Scary. 5 years ago our record against the bottom 5 read P 8 W 4 D 3 L 1. Half of our points came against teams in the 4 positions above us.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post

Those who still can't seem to understand how we got 90 points in the championship last year and think we were lucky should reflect on those figures.

Just Fulham to play to complete the set now.....
    Good stat.
    Bit worried about Fulham tbh.
    Gave Everton a pasting on Sat. Now pressures off may be coming into form and will definitely wantvto beat us.

Selective stats. Newcastle and Burnley have been down there all season too so really it’s 5 wins, 3 draws, 3 losses against the teams who’ve been fighting relegation this year. Still a very decent return but if we do go down it’s our failure to take a single point off the big 6.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Selective stats. Newcastle and Burnley have been down there all season too so really it’s 5 wins, 3 draws, 3 losses against the teams who’ve been fighting relegation this year. Still a very decent return but if we do go down it’s our failure to take a single point off the big 6.
    It's also 4 wins in 27 games against the teams placed above Southampton. Or it could be 2 wins in 18 games against teams in the top half.

I don't disagree with your comment about not taking anything from the top 6, but I think our record against mid table sides has been relatively poor as well. It's only because we've done well against sides at the bottom that we have a chance of staying up.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post

Clutch. Win those ones and you should be fine. Last time we took far too much comfort from plucky but pointless performances against big sides. Glad to see we are focusing on the games against teams in our league this time

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Clutch. Win those ones and you should be fine. Last time we took far too much comfort from plucky but pointless performances against big sides. Glad to see we are focusing on the games against teams in our league this time
    As good as that stat is, those 2 matches vs Huddersfield still leave a sour taste in my mouth, especially the one at home.

Quote Originally Posted by tdob (in Toronto) View Post
    As good as that stat is, those 2 matches vs Huddersfield still leave a sour taste in my mouth, especially the one at home.
    On paper they do, in reality we should be happy with our 2 points as they were just as good if not better than us both times. I'd rather look at games like Leicester and Southampton away, or Brighton at home, where you could argue we got more than we should have.

Quote Originally Posted by tdob (in Toronto) View Post
    At home???? That was a point gained, they played us off the park. Up there was a different matter, they were down to ten men, Morrison missed a bloody sitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It's also 4 wins in 27 games against the teams placed above Southampton. Or it could be 2 wins in 18 games against teams in the top half.

I don't disagree with your comment about not taking anything from the top 6, but I think our record against mid table sides has been relatively poor as well. It's only because we've done well against sides at the bottom that we have a chance of staying up.
    Yes I know what you’re saying, and on paper teams fighting relegation shouldn’t expect anything against the top 6, but Brighton have 4 points to our 0. Southampton, Burnley and Newcastle have all taken points off them too, Huddersfield took something off Chelsea and Arsenal last season to help them stay up too.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    At home???? That was a point gained, they played us off the park. Up there was a different matter, they were down to ten men, Morrison missed a bloody sitter.
    Agreed, I was at Huddersfield and they were there for the taking after going down to 10 men. That header Morrison missed was a shocker, absolute sitter, probably easier than the one he scored on Tuesday (which was a sitter too).

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Good stat.
    Bit worried about Fulham tbh.
    Gave Everton a pasting on Sat. Now pressures off may be coming into form and will definitely wantvto beat us.
    This time every year when teams have had their relegation confirmed but still have a few matches to play, I always wonder about the player's mindset.

For those looking for a change of clubs, they could either play their guts out to get them noticed by other clubs, or take the softly-softly approach to protect themselves against bad injuries which could scupper any chance of a transfer.