+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pressure

Pressure

Who is under most pressure, us or BHA?

We've been told from day one by pundits and other supporters in the league that we'll be straight down, some even said we'd have a record lowest points total. None of us (fans) are expecting us to stay up (there's a difference between expectation and hope) with our squad/ transfer dealings etc. So for me, there never has been any pressure, expect the worst and anything else is a bonus. I don't think our players are feeling any pressure at all, and I think that came out on Tuesday night.

Looking at BHA, they escaped relegation last season, and their fans would expect them to finish above us (see my comment above), so the fans will be upping the pressure onto their players, which in turn can affect things on the pitch.

Re: Pressure

I think it'll swing back and forth tbh.

I don't think there's much pressure on either team this weekend with both having a free hit. I think the pressure will be on us to beat Fulham and if we do it'll swing back to Brighton when they play Newcastle straight after.

It's going to be a tense run in unless Brighton find some form from nowhere and pick up a shock against Wolves or Spurs.

I think our players know they'll be supported before, during and after the game by the fans. Brighton were booed at HT and FT the other night. The unity of support has actually been one of the best things about this season, and probably pretty rare these days

Up until Tuesday I don't think there was any pressure - Harry I agree with you there - however now we have a slither of hope which is growing and growing - if BHA don't get a result at Wolves - then is some ways it's in our own hands against Fulham & Palace -- that's when the pressure will kick in.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I think our players know they'll be supported before, during and after the game by the fans. Brighton were booed at HT and FT the other night. The unity of support has actually been one of the best things about this season, and probably pretty rare these days
    Yes - you're right - last time we were in the Prem the "Don't sack Mckay galvanised the support - but the Red / Blue issue was a pain" - this time around we are all united

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Yes. I really do think a negative atmosphere amongst fans can transmit itself onto the pitch. We do really need to keep up the fantastic support we've had this season - and last season to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Up until Tuesday I don't think there was any pressure - Harry I agree with you there - however now we have a slither of hope which is growing and growing - if BHA don't get a result at Wolves - then is some ways it's in our own hands against Fulham & Palace -- that's when the pressure will kick in.
    You could be right. Hopefully we can keep up the momentum and sneak over the line. I won't be dissappointed of we go down, but I will celebrate if we stay up!

I didn't feel last season that we looked like a side under pressure. Given the ridiculous run of form Fulham went on, it was a surprise we didn't buckle, even when we had a few wobbles or poor performances. Had Fulham looked like beating Birmingham on the last day, I reckon we would have done the job against Reading.

Brighton are under pressure - top half side earlier in the season and now in freefall. Our form has never been good enough to ever enter freefall territory, we've picked up wins and results as we've gone. No pressure on us whatsoever, if we stay up it would be incredible.

Pressure's on Brighton NQAT.

I never agreed with the "enjoy the ride" sentiment that was expressed a lot during last summer and at the start of the season, but I think the attitude of our supporters has reflected that thinking to a degree - there's been a relegation won't be the end of the world feeling because so many of us were expecting it any way.
    I believe expectation, or the lack of it, can effect sides greatly and Tuesday's result may have changed things in that people will be expecting us to win both of our matches after Liverpool - the only game that I've gone to this season expecting us to win was Huddersfield at home and our performance that day was, arguably, our worst of the season.

Pressure's on Brighton.

It will be disappointing to go down and if we do it will because we haven't quite been good enough across the season. For them it will be because their team capitulated.

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All war depends upon it. - Ronald Spiers

Pressures on Norwich NQAT

Pressure's on Norwich

Bitch. You beat me too it by seconds

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    I think it'll swing back and forth tbh.

I don't think there's much pressure on either team this weekend with both having a free hit. I think the pressure will be on us to beat Fulham and if we do it'll swing back to Brighton when they play Newcastle straight after.

It's going to be a tense run in unless Brighton find some form from nowhere and pick up a shock against Wolves or Spurs.
    Don’t think this is there free hit weekend....possibly there best chance of points....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Don’t think this is there free hit weekend....possibly there best chance of points....
    Yea, don't think Wolves would be considered a free hit by anyone. It's a terrific chance of points for them, one we really need to see them lose.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I believe expectation, or the lack of it, can effect sides greatly
    Probably no better example of this than the last few seasons of the Dave Jones era. We were a side capable of some terrific football at times and expectancy levels amongst fans were probably highest back then than they have been since as a result, no doubt heightened by Swansea's emergence. It probably did affect us at key moments