+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Mueller Report

The Mueller Report

Live press conference at 2.30pm.

Re: The Mueller Report

Wow, no executive privilege was invoked, so what malfeasance is Trump planning now? He won't fool us with all this pretending to be honest nonsense, we know he is guilty. We demand impeachment now!

A more neutral take on things

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...you-need-know/

and what the globalists lackeys at the Guardian have to say;-

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...cy-anyone-else

Impeachment has to be water tight , my humble reading of this , (will anything stick )?

Will it open up other avenues of enquiry that damages other parties or people. ??

I've always felt both Democrats and Republicans have skeletons in the cupboard ,when it come to Russia.

If Trump does go what will take with him ,will he crash and burn .

Does anyone want all that released.

Anyway, I'd miss old Donny ,bit like Brexit , they have both stimulated by forgotten intrest in politics.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Impeachment has to be water tight , my humble reading of this , (will anything stick )?

Will it open up other avenues of enquiry that damages other parties or people. ??

I've always felt both Democrats and Republicans have skeletons in the cupboard ,when it come to Russia.

If Trump does go what will take with him ,will he crash and burn .

Does anyone want all that released.

Anyway, I'd miss old Donny ,bit like Brexit , they have both stimulated by forgotten intrest in politics.
    I don't think Donny is going anywhere, it's only half-time!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A more neutral take on things

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...you-need-know/

and what the globalists lackeys at the Guardian have to say;-

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...cy-anyone-else
    Interesting article, Bob. Despite what the attorney general, employed to be Trump's spokesman as if anyone had been in any doubt, said the report was not kind to Trump.

A few things that jump out:

Total exoneration? Not quite. "Our investigation found multiple acts by the President that were capable of exerting undue influence over law enforcement investigations...carried out through one-on-one meetings in which [he] sought to use his official power outside of usual channels"

Mueller didn't bother questioning Trump Jr as he was so out of his depth that he didn't know what he was doing with that famous Trump Tower meeting. I believe I said at the time, that Jr releasing his emails after was an absolutely dumbass thing to do.

It was also pretty clear in a number of places that Mueller was handing over responsibility for following up on the findings to Congress. Such as "we concluded that Congress has authority to prohibit a President's corrupt use of his authority in order to protect the integrity of the administration of justice", and "The conclusion that Congress may apply the obstruction laws to the President's corrupt exercise of the powers of office accords with our constitutional system of checks and balances and the principle that no person is above the law". Mueller was never going to try to indict the President, but he signposted a route for the politicians to bring him to account. I'm doubtful that they will.

The word collusion was never part of the investigation, as I have said on here. A few posters like to try to stick that word to me, although I avoided it for that reason (they were struggling so I try to let them off). Mueller has a paragraph about this, "we applied the framework of conspiracy law, not the concept of 'collusion'...". But regarding that, the report says they had "insufficent evidence" to charge it, but not that they didn't get evidence of it. And the report explicitly says that "did not establish" (which appears elsewhere, including Barr's summary) does not mean "there was no evidence"

An absolute highlight is Trump saying "Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my Presidency. I’m ****ed" when he was told Mueller was taking over. That was followed by weeks of him harrassing Sessions about recusing himself.

Seth Rich, that's another name that kept popping up on here despite me frequently saying it was conspiracy nonsense. Mueller says that the whole story was made up by WikiLeaks and pushed to hide that WL were working with Russian military intelligence. Bad timing for Assange to be extradited. Most of the Trump campaign/WL contacts pages are redacted, by the way, so that's to come.

There's so much in there. There's far too much to be reported on properly and I doubt much of it will ever get followed up legally in the protagonists' lifetimes. I think it's also true that if Obama had done 10% of this then certain people would view it in a different way. And if Trump hadn't won in 2016, then he'd probably be the most high profile cellmate in the US.

To answer life on mars' question for the umpteenth time, no he's not going to be impeached for the same reason as always. Will he get away with all this? More likely than not.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Interesting article, Bob. Despite what the attorney general, employed to be Trump's spokesman as if anyone had been in any doubt, said the report was not kind to Trump.

A few things that jump out:

Total exoneration? Not quite. "Our investigation found multiple acts by the President that were capable of exerting undue influence over law enforcement investigations...carried out through one-on-one meetings in which [he] sought to use his official power outside of usual channels"

Mueller didn't bother questioning Trump Jr as he was so out of his depth that he didn't know what he was doing with that famous Trump Tower meeting. I believe I said at the time, that Jr releasing his emails after was an absolutely dumbass thing to do.

It was also pretty clear in a number of places that Mueller was handing over responsibility for following up on the findings to Congress. Such as "we concluded that Congress has authority to prohibit a President's corrupt use of his authority in order to protect the integrity of the administration of justice", and "The conclusion that Congress may apply the obstruction laws to the President's corrupt exercise of the powers of office accords with our constitutional system of checks and balances and the principle that no person is above the law". Mueller was never going to try to indict the President, but he signposted a route for the politicians to bring him to account. I'm doubtful that they will.

The word collusion was never part of the investigation, as I have said on here. A few posters like to try to stick that word to me, although I avoided it for that reason (they were struggling so I try to let them off). Mueller has a paragraph about this, "we applied the framework of conspiracy law, not the concept of 'collusion'...". But regarding that, the report says they had "insufficent evidence" to charge it, but not that they didn't get evidence of it. And the report explicitly says that "did not establish" (which appears elsewhere, including Barr's summary) does not mean "there was no evidence"

An absolute highlight is Trump saying "Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my Presidency. I’m ****ed" when he was told Mueller was taking over. That was followed by weeks of him harrassing Sessions about recusing himself.

Seth Rich, that's another name that kept popping up on here despite me frequently saying it was conspiracy nonsense. Mueller says that the whole story was made up by WikiLeaks and pushed to hide that WL were working with Russian military intelligence. Bad timing for Assange to be extradited. Most of the Trump campaign/WL contacts pages are redacted, by the way, so that's to come.

There's so much in there. There's far too much to be reported on properly and I doubt much of it will ever get followed up legally in the protagonists' lifetimes. I think it's also true that if Obama had done 10% of this then certain people would view it in a different way. And if Trump hadn't won in 2016, then he'd probably be the most high profile cellmate in the US.

To answer life on mars' question for the umpteenth time, no he's not going to be impeached for the same reason as always. Will he get away with all this? More likely than not.
    As the Guardian article says, "Collusion" became the issue because Trump was able to turn it into the defining topic of the Mueller report by banging on about "no collusion" incessantly during the time it took for the report to be compiled - to be more accurate, he managed to persuade enough people that collusion was the defining topic.

As the Guardian article says, "Collusion" became the issue because Trump was able to turn it into the defining topic of the Mueller report by banging on about "no collusion" incessantly during the time it took for the report to be compiled - to be more accurate, he managed to persuade enough people that collusion was the defining topic.
    That was exactly the plan and he's tweeted it a few more times in the last 24 hours. He'll keep turning the screw because it does work. He took advantage of Mueller's silence.

Speaking of the both, when trump submitted his written answers he said "I don't recall" dozens of times. The man who boasts of having one of the great memories of all time can't remember?

It's also a phrase that lawyers advise their dodgy clients to use when yes or no would purjure themselves...

That was exactly the plan and he's tweeted it a few more times in the last 24 hours. He'll keep turning the screw because it does work. He took advantage of Mueller's silence.

Speaking of the both, when trump submitted his written answers he said "I don't recall" dozens of times. The man who boasts of having one of the great memories of all time can't remember?

It's also a phrase that lawyers advise their dodgy clients to use when yes or no would purjure themselves...
    I see you're doubling down again, don't you ever learn?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post

Here is the defining topic..

https://youtu.be/jERBMRVnHyo

As Marvin once sang ""what's going on ""

Interesting that of all Barr's comments, you chose that one.

And it's only had a few thousand views. I know that you say you're very impartial when it comes to Trump, so out of interest where did you come across it?

What did you think of Barr lying to Congress?

Interesting that of all Barr's comments, you chose that one.

And it's only had a few thousand views. I know that you say you're very impartial when it comes to Trump, so out of interest where did you come across it?

What did you think of Barr lying to Congress?
    Thought it was dreadful , I am impartial, Trump is a knob , Obama is a naughty, naughty boy ,Clinton's are decisive and put Trump in power .

Guess what , there is a swamp , it needs draining , Trump just maybe tugging at the plug , you just need to see the broader picture and try not sit on either side of the political spectrum as it taints your view .

Bombshell!

Ignore lardy, it's the citizens who are doing the work of the MSM and he doesn't even realise it. It's no coincidence that the liberal media have been mostly wrong about all this Trump Russia Collusion, and so has he, so it's a bit odd of him to question your sources

Thought it was dreadful , I am impartial, Trump is a knob , Obama is a naughty, naughty boy ,Clinton's are decisive and put Trump in power .

Guess what , there is a swamp , it needs draining , Trump just maybe tugging at the plug , you just need to see the broader picture and try not sit on either side of the political spectrum as it taints your view .
    I'm not sure that Trump appointing such a man as head of the DoJ and putting him straight to work to clear his name at all costs is much evidence of swamp draining.

I'm not sure that Trump appointing such a man as head of the DoJ and putting him straight to work to clear his name at all costs is much evidence of swamp draining.
    .. "at all costs"
    Are you questioning the integrity of the new attorney general just because he is going to investigate the wrongdoing of your political heroes? Don't you think about it's about time you knocked your disinformation campaign on the head?

Nellie Ohr's 'Hi Honey' emails to DOJ about Russia collusion should alarm us all

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...hould-alarm-us

Update: a criminal referral has now been sent to the DOJ

There's definitely a swamp, most of modern day politics has fallen into it .

There's definitely a swamp, most of modern day politics has fallen into it .
    I don't know why anyone would be naive enough to suggest Trump is draining it. And yet...

They've finally found some real collusion!

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...p-dirt-in-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    They've finally found some real collusion!

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...p-dirt-in-2016
    Yep and in writing , will someone now call this ""fake writing"" to protect thier one eyed political dogma.