+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: From the Guardian to the official Liverpool website

From the Guardian to the official Liverpool website

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/fea...view-liverpool

It’s been Cardiff’s first campaign back in the Premier League for five years, have you been able to enjoy the season?

The season? Honestly, no. Parts of the season? Yes. It doesn’t matter how much you love your club it still hurts when they get beat. So when you are sat in the rain at home watching Man City waltz through you scoring five goals, or you are looking forward to potential home points v Watford and Everton and you walk away having shipped eight goals between them, it’s hard to enjoy it. But, that said, the fighting spirit and results that we have earned have been hugely enjoyable. We have beaten our points total from last time and we are still in with a chance of staying up.

We last spoke back in October 2018 before the 4-1 defeat at Anfield, how has your team evolved since then?

Cardiff City have confounded the critics who wrote them off right from the start. Results have not been consistent since we last played you but spirit has. And in recent games Cardiff have developed a very tough-to-beat stance and we could have had three or four more points.

What effect will the midweek 2-0 win at fellow relegation battlers Brighton have for the Liverpool match?

It will have a massive effect on the fans. The players of course will feel energised but if we had lost at Brighton, relegation would have been a formality. So I think the edge would have been taken off the atmosphere but the win at The Amex has given us a fair crack at staying up. Could that boost be enough to finally get us a point against a top-six side?

What are your expectations for the final four games of the season?

The Cardiff expectation is that we will probably lose against Liverpool and in the final game against Man Utd, but pick up points against Fulham and Crystal Palace. I think most pundits would probably expect that as well. Personally, I think we will put in a shift v Liverpool but think you will be too strong. I think it’s a necessity we win both games v Fulham and Palace as we can’t rely on Brighton losing all their games, despite their tough run-in. Maybe a sneaky point at Old Trafford on the final day?

What’s been the standout moment of your campaign so far?

If you would indulge me, there has been three of them: the 90th-minute-plus winning goals v Brighton, at Leicester and at Southampton. Three points are huge in this division but when you win them with almost the last kick of the game, the emotional outburst is something you can’t describe, just experience.

Who has emerged as Cardiff’s key man in the Premier League?

Loan signing Victor Camarasa, for me. He’s currently our top scorer and our creative force in midfield. In a team described as hard-working and spirited, Camarasa is genuine quality.

How can Cardiff get at Liverpool? They are quite a physical side, aren’t they?

Cardiff struggle to attack freely from open play (although the first goal v Brighton in midweek was as good a counter-attack goal as you will ever see), so our threat will be from set-pieces and getting the ball into the box quickly. The Cardiff City players will have to be prepared to defend (a lot), manage the game without the ball for long periods and take any chances that come along. The last few games we have been a tough side to beat.

What have you made of Liverpool this season?

Excellent. I like the manager, he’s infectious. When you attack at pace the front three are devastating. And with Van Dijk at the back you have quality in all areas.

How do you expect the Bluebirds to line up?

Etheridge, Bennett, Morrison, Manga, Peltier, Gunnarsson, Camarasa, Ralls, Hoilett, Mendez-Laing, Niasse.

What is your prediction for the game?

1-3.

Re: From the Guardian to the official Liverpool website

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/fea...view-liverpool

It’s been Cardiff’s first campaign back in the Premier League for five years, have you been able to enjoy the season?

The season? Honestly, no. Parts of the season? Yes. It doesn’t matter how much you love your club it still hurts when they get beat. So when you are sat in the rain at home watching Man City waltz through you scoring five goals, or you are looking forward to potential home points v Watford and Everton and you walk away having shipped eight goals between them, it’s hard to enjoy it. But, that said, the fighting spirit and results that we have earned have been hugely enjoyable. We have beaten our points total from last time and we are still in with a chance of staying up.

We last spoke back in October 2018 before the 4-1 defeat at Anfield, how has your team evolved since then?

Cardiff City have confounded the critics who wrote them off right from the start. Results have not been consistent since we last played you but spirit has. And in recent games Cardiff have developed a very tough-to-beat stance and we could have had three or four more points.

What effect will the midweek 2-0 win at fellow relegation battlers Brighton have for the Liverpool match?

It will have a massive effect on the fans. The players of course will feel energised but if we had lost at Brighton, relegation would have been a formality. So I think the edge would have been taken off the atmosphere but the win at The Amex has given us a fair crack at staying up. Could that boost be enough to finally get us a point against a top-six side?

What are your expectations for the final four games of the season?

The Cardiff expectation is that we will probably lose against Liverpool and in the final game against Man Utd, but pick up points against Fulham and Crystal Palace. I think most pundits would probably expect that as well. Personally, I think we will put in a shift v Liverpool but think you will be too strong. I think it’s a necessity we win both games v Fulham and Palace as we can’t rely on Brighton losing all their games, despite their tough run-in. Maybe a sneaky point at Old Trafford on the final day?

What’s been the standout moment of your campaign so far?

If you would indulge me, there has been three of them: the 90th-minute-plus winning goals v Brighton, at Leicester and at Southampton. Three points are huge in this division but when you win them with almost the last kick of the game, the emotional outburst is something you can’t describe, just experience.

Who has emerged as Cardiff’s key man in the Premier League?

Loan signing Victor Camarasa, for me. He’s currently our top scorer and our creative force in midfield. In a team described as hard-working and spirited, Camarasa is genuine quality.

How can Cardiff get at Liverpool? They are quite a physical side, aren’t they?

Cardiff struggle to attack freely from open play (although the first goal v Brighton in midweek was as good a counter-attack goal as you will ever see), so our threat will be from set-pieces and getting the ball into the box quickly. The Cardiff City players will have to be prepared to defend (a lot), manage the game without the ball for long periods and take any chances that come along. The last few games we have been a tough side to beat.

What have you made of Liverpool this season?

Excellent. I like the manager, he’s infectious. When you attack at pace the front three are devastating. And with Van Dijk at the back you have quality in all areas.

How do you expect the Bluebirds to line up?

Etheridge, Bennett, Morrison, Manga, Peltier, Gunnarsson, Camarasa, Ralls, Hoilett, Mendez-Laing, Niasse.

What is your prediction for the game?

1-3.
    1/2 n 1/2 scarfs on sale in town today I didn't buy one!!!!

I HATE half and half scarfs!!!!

I’d love a real Cardiff ‘arf ‘n’ ‘arf scarf, Chips written down one side and Rice written down the other👍

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’d love a real Cardiff ‘arf ‘n’ ‘arf scarf, Chips written down one side and Rice written down the other��

I’d love a real Cardiff ‘arf ‘n’ ‘arf scarf, Chips written down one side and Rice written down the other👍
    In curry sauce colours.😁

😂👍

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    In curry sauce colours.😁
    Very appropriate. Riverside FC colours.