+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Maradona

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Maradona

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    For me, Maradona was the best. It's a contentious debate as to who was/is the best player and i don't think that anyone is either wrong or right. One thing that is missing from this thread is Maradona's determination and ability to make those around him become better players on the pitch and his determination to pull a team towards success, he didn't just do it with Argentina but also with Napoli. He was a genius and the best player that i've ever seen, although his Character, sheer bloody mindedness and ability to make those around him better were as instrumental during his career as his ability with the ball. He came from a background that was incredibly poor, where there wasn't enough food to eat and lived with his family in the poor neighbourhood of Villa Fiorito just outside Buenos Aries, When he was a child he fell into an open sewer and was literally sinking to the bottom, with his head just above the sewage his uncle came to his rescue and shouted down to him ' Keep your head above the shit' Maradona recalled that he took that Mantra as the basis towards everything that he did in life, it was survival at any cost.
    Read the first 3 words of this, what utter bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Read the first 3 words of this, what utter bullshit
    Read the last 3 words of this, you are wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Read the last 3 words of this, you are wrong
    What I thought was an intelligent person, you’ve just gone to the bottom of the barrel

Any true football fan would put PELE above anyone else

Can’t respect your posts any more