+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Maradona

Re: Maradona

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Just look up PELE !!!!

Leather ball, muddy pitches, no protection from referees, the pansies being mentioned would not have survived, unless they adapted.

PELE was/is the greatest player, ever
    Pansies ffs! Why do you even bother watching football anymore then. Go watch rugby a "real mans" game

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Pansies ffs! Why do you even bother watching football anymore then. Go watch rugby a "real mans" game
    So you’re telling me you don’t see players rolling around in agony, because their hair clip has slipped

Football is what it is TODAY, but some of today’s players would not have survived previously, unless they adapted

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Pele was fantastic in his era, but he didn't have the moves that Maradona had when he burst on the scene. He was doing stuff that nobody had seen before.

Double bollox

Who do you think the druggie and Messi learnt from

So you’re telling me you don’t see players rolling around in agony, because their hair clip has slipped

Football is what it is TODAY, but some of today’s players would not have survived previously, unless they adapted
    And same vice versa

And same vice versa
    Read that back to yourself and try and make sense of it

think this little fella ricardinho would have been one of the greats if he converted to the 11 a side game .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0k0Ps6WxW0

Maradona in full flow cannot be beaten, there is some kind of magic going on between him and the ball. Also notice how the players back off Messi due to there being more referee protection for skillful players nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    think this little fella ricardinho would have been one of the greats if he converted to the 11 a side game .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0k0Ps6WxW0
    Why didn't he play 11 a side football?

like a lot of futsal players abroad he dedicated his life to the sport as you can make a decent living at the top level . top level futsal players have far more technical ability than football players hence why all the top coaches in the world tell kids to play futsal from 6 years old rather than football . he is god in a lot of countries but sadly the UK has never taken to the sport like most major football countries . it is slowly changing now in England at least .

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Pele was fantastic in his era, but he didn't have the moves that Maradona had when he burst on the scene. He was doing stuff that nobody had seen before.
    Certainly not saying Maradona wasnt a great player, likewise with Pele.

However, if you look at the moves, style of play, tight ball control, passing ability and shooting of his (and Ronaldinho's) idol, Rivelinho, you will see a lot of what Maradona did, had been done before.

For a Brazilian to be an Argentinian's idol, especially Maradona's, he had to be something beyond special and he was!!

Check him out and let us know what you think.

There's no right or wrong answer to this. And looking at the thread no one is changing anyone else's opinion. So why bother trying?

Maradona would have burnt out quickly in this football era.

He would have been on the drink, drugs and would have never played in half the matches.

Arguing/debating over players from different eras will always be a part of football and it should be. Very rarely are players from way back mentioned though, how would Steve Bloomer fared in modern times (a player who once got changed in the Royal Oak before a game against The City over the Harlequins ground), would Dixie Dean have been so prolific with modern coaching? You could go on forever trying to compare.

Read that back to yourself and try and make sense of it

Players from 30 years ago wouldn't have survived today unless they adapted.

Do you honestly think George Best could have live the lifestyle he lived in this day and age and still have been as effective?

Players from 30 years ago wouldn't have survived today unless they adapted.

Do you honestly think George Best could have live the lifestyle he lived in this day and age and still have been as effective?

As Splott Parker says, different times, different people !!

George Best, was a footballer in a “POP STAR AGE”

Today, it would have been the other way around, he would have been surrounded by similar star players to him, so yes, he would have survived (for Best, see Beckham (((not in playing ability )))

To see PELE, in the 1970 World Cup in Mexico, was most football fans dream.

Whereas, he’d been savagely kicked out of the 1966 World Cup, here was a man, at 30 years of age, with dodgy knees (no super ops in those days), taking on and beating the worlds best.

No one will convince me differently.

Today’s footballers, are yesterday’s pop stars

Today, it would have been the other way around, he would have been surrounded by similar star players to him, so yes, he would have survived (for Best, see Beckham (((not in playing ability )))

Whereas, he’d been savagely kicked out of the 1966 World Cup, here was a man, at 30 years of age, with dodgy knees (no super ops in those days), taking on and beating the worlds best.

I've never even heard of Pele to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Do you mind me asking, “how old are you” ??

Look him up

Do you mind me asking, “how old are you” ??

Look him up

Ahh so today's footballers couldn't adapt (impossible) yet footballers from the 60s and 70s would have no problem adapting.

Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I found him online but I'm not sure what the fuss is about to be honest just my opinion

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abedi_Pele

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I found him online but I'm not sure what the fuss is about to be honest just my opinion

That's what I couldn't understand

Ahh so today's footballers couldn't adapt (impossible) yet footballers from the 60s and 70s would have no problem adapting.

Thanks for that.
    Cooking at the moment so can’t do a long reply BUT, where did I say “today’s players couldn’t adapt”

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

Hi ho ho, my sides are splitting with the wit of that post !

Either a Whoooooosh moment or else someone really is THICK