+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Maradona

Re: Maradona

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You'd have to be very biased to describe it as the most biased thing that will ever happen

For the record, yes I think they had lots of help winning it.
    Whaaaaaaat? You saying that after 50 odd years of hurt the actual win was a farce.........oh my....corruption exists in good old England well I never.....

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I saw his documentary the other day
    Is that the new one I posted the trailer for a few posts up? Is it any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Is that the new one I posted the trailer for a few posts up? Is it any good?
    Yeah it is, I never realised quite how much he'd done for Napoli. Insane talent. There's clips of him doing keepy uppies on the backs of his heels which are mental

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    For me, Maradona was the best. It's a contentious debate as to who was/is the best player and i don't think that anyone is either wrong or right. One thing that is missing from this thread is Maradona's determination and ability to make those around him become better players on the pitch and his determination to pull a team towards success, he didn't just do it with Argentina but also with Napoli. He was a genius and the best player that i've ever seen, although his Character, sheer bloody mindedness and ability to make those around him better were as instrumental during his career as his ability with the ball. He came from a background that was incredibly poor, where there wasn't enough food to eat and lived with his family in the poor neighbourhood of Villa Fiorito just outside Buenos Aries, When he was a child he fell into an open sewer and was literally sinking to the bottom, with his head just above the sewage his uncle came to his rescue and shouted down to him ' Keep your head above the shit' Maradona recalled that he took that Mantra as the basis towards everything that he did in life, it was survival at any cost.
    Read the first 3 words of this, what utter bullshit

A lot of people still have Pele as #1 above Diego, but there again a lot of Brazilians think 'little bird' was better than Pele so Garrincha could be the GOAT.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Read the first 3 words of this, what utter bullshit
    Read the last 3 words of this, you are wrong

Messi is brilliant, but he is an evolution. Maradona WAS the revolution.

I watched it last Monday, superb documentary.
    Hats off to Asif Kapadia for being so balanced in his representation of such a complex man, in a complex City.

I highly recommend watching it in the cinema cos the sounds and the visuals are sensory mind ****.

Having watched the documentary I believe far better men would have succumbed to the traps Maradona fell into given melting pot he found himself in.

Brilliant documentary and a must see for any football fan.

Read the last 3 words of this, you are wrong
    What I thought was an intelligent person, you’ve just gone to the bottom of the barrel

Any true football fan would put PELE above anyone else

Can’t respect your posts any more

What I thought was an intelligent person, you’ve just gone to the bottom of the barrel

Any true football fan would put PELE above anyone else

Can’t respect your posts any more
    Messi and Maradona for me.

i would plump for Messi too but to me it's impossible to label the best ever . the game has changed so much over the years . it's the same with rugby the modern players would smash any of the great rugby sides from the past . imagine what football or most sports are going to be like in 20 years time . can the players get any fitter ? will the goals been made bigger , will they change the off side laws etc

The last list I think I put out on the net I had Pele #1 and Maradona #2 , I don't think I had one single Englishman in the top 50, but there was a Welshman and a Northern Ireland player relatively high up the list.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    i would plump for Messi too but to me it's impossible to label the best ever . the game has changed so much over the years . it's the same with rugby the modern players would smash any of the great rugby sides from the past . imagine what football or most sports are going to be like in 20 years time . can the players get any fitter ? will the goals been made bigger , will they change the off side laws etc

I agree it's impossible. Messi and Ronaldo etc didn't have to face what were basically assaults that Maradona and Pele faced but the game is a lot quicker now and the players are machines. People should also remember that Messi and Ronaldo are studied rigorously by opposition analysts for weaknesses etc and players of the past never had to face that.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I agree it's impossible. Messi and Ronaldo etc didn't have to face what were basically assaults that Maradona and Pele faced but the game is a lot quicker now and the players are machines. People should also remember that Messi and Ronaldo are studied rigorously by opposition analysts for weaknesses etc and players of the past never had to face that.
    The Modern game is quicker now, although Maradona would be quicker as well. I've never seen anything quite like Maradona. The one thing people aren't talking about is his character, he could drag a team to victory, his presence alone was worth a goal or two. He wasn't scared of championing the poor and excluded or calling out corruption in the game or politically. He is a God to the working classes of Argentina and Naples.

The Modern game is quicker now, although Maradona would be quicker as well. I've never seen anything quite like Maradona. The one thing people aren't talking about is his character, he could drag a team to victory, his presence alone was worth a goal or two. He wasn't scared of championing the poor and excluded or calling out corruption in the game or politically. He is a God to the working classes of Argentina and Naples.
    How much have his cronies earned from selling DRUGS to the said “POOR” !!!!!

F ucking crook, never a footballer

The major flaw in your post, is we are discussing their footballing ability and not their character or personal life. If we were, we could call Messi a selfish greedy bastard for trying to avoid paying tax on the vast fortunes he’s making from the game..
    But we’re not 👍

I would say Maradona brought the game into the modern age, as nobody had seen his level of skills before, and from that moment on every young player tried to emulate him. Today's players can do exceptional things with the ball, but it all traces back to Maradona.

I take it that you're talking about the Neapolitan Mafia? How was he supposed to get rid of them? Maradona was 'the poor', i'll let you work that one out.

I take it that you're talking about the Neapolitan Mafia? How was he supposed to get rid of them? Maradona was 'the poor', i'll let you work that one out.
    He should have called the Sicilian Mafia, they'd have fixed it for him

He should have called the Sicilian Mafia, they'd have fixed it for him
    Camorra

I would say Maradona brought the game into the modern age, as nobody had seen his level of skills before, and from that moment on every young player tried to emulate him. Today's players can do exceptional things with the ball, but it all traces back to Maradona.
    What utter bollox

What utter bollox
    Then put across an argument, all you do is swear or refer to innuendo.

Then put across an argument, all you do is swear or refer to innuendo.
    Just look up PELE !!!!

Leather ball, muddy pitches, no protection from referees, the pansies being mentioned would not have survived, unless they adapted.

PELE was/is the greatest player, ever

Just look up PELE !!!!

Leather ball, muddy pitches, no protection from referees, the pansies being mentioned would not have survived, unless they adapted.

PELE was/is the greatest player, ever
    Pele was fantastic in his era, but he didn't have the moves that Maradona had when he burst on the scene. He was doing stuff that nobody had seen before.