+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Maradona

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Maradona

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    If you wanna see a player “TAKEN OUT”, have a look at Brazil v Portugal in the 1966 World Cup !

Pele was lucky to be able to play again after that brutality!!!!
    English referee, many South Americans think it was an English/German conspiracy, el robo del siglo - the robbery of the century they called the World Cup, the refereeing appointments, the way the South American teams were treated, denying Portugal a home base semi against England at the last minute, the ghost goal in the final, the whole world cup was very suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    English referee, many South Americans think it was an English/German conspiracy, el robo del siglo - the robbery of the century they called the World Cup, the refereeing appointments, the way the South American teams were treated, denying Portugal a home base semi against England at the last minute, the ghost goal in the final, the whole world cup was very suspicious.

And in the interests of balance, world cup 78

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    And in the interests of balance, world cup 78
    Oh there is no balancing the English WC, some think it was the greatest biasedness ever seen and ever likely to be seen on a huge scale.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Oh there is no balancing the English WC, some think it was the greatest biasedness ever seen and ever likely to be seen on a huge scale.
    You'd have to be very biased to describe it as the most biased thing that will ever happen

For the record, yes I think they had lots of help winning it.

You'd have to be very biased to describe it as the most biased thing that will ever happen

English refs for two Brazil group games where they got kicked and lost both games to Hungary and Portugal, Brazil were tournament favourites and England wanted them out, the English ref disallowed two Brazilian goals against Hungary, Brazil had a German ref for their first match when Pele suffered terrible treatment.

The Argentinian captain was sent off for speaking Spanish a straight red [when it was virtually impossible to be sent off] by a German ref after just half an hour against England in the Quarters, the Uruguayans had two sent off against West Germany [I think they had a couple of goals disallowed as well] when they were only 1 down by an English ref.

The South Americans that reckoned it was an English-German conspiracy, cousins always on the same side until the Great wars etc, even in the group stage the great historical enemy of the English the French was done by the English with an offside goal and a goal when a French player was down injured.

The South Americans were given training pitches without goal posts etc, Portugal were due to play England at their home base in Liverpool but the English moved the semi to Wembley at the last minute with Portugal having to catch the milk train down taking hours, no sleep - I think I read not allowed to train on the field, they were done and probably would have beaten England at Goodison with England having to travel from Wembley up to them.

Then the ghost goal in the final as a Welsh boy seeing the footage and knowing the rules of the game about the whole ball needing to be over the line for a goal to be awarded it was obvious it was not a goal, then something like 30 years later Oxbridge scientists using new technology declared it was not a goal - well all neutrals knew that anyway, the linesmen when asked about the goal on his death bed apparently said 'Stalingrad', some took that as revenge for what the Germans did in the war.

1966 must be the worst WC for controversies by a country mile.

Whaaaaaaat? You saying that after 50 odd years of hurt the actual win was a farce.........oh my....corruption exists in good old England well I never.....