Re: I'm gonna say it - we'll beat Liverpool tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Have you tried cranberry juice?
    I think he's been drinking something a bit stronger than that

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I feel it in my water.
    Something crazy is going to happen in the remaining games regarding the race for the title. Knowing our luck, we'll beat Liverpool and Brighton will beat Man City on the last day.

Keep the faith is all we can do .

I keep on thinking that we cannot go a whole season without picking up at least a point somewhere along the line against a top six team, but, in the unlikely event of us managing to get a result against one of them, a draw on the last day of the season against a Man United team whose season has fizzled out seems the more likely route to it to me.

They’ve only lost once this season haven’t they? 2-1 away to Man City was it? Hhhmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I feel it in my water.
    The first time this season I've looked forward to a game v a top 6 side. The others have been non events pretty much- even before the games very little build up or atmosphere.

Chelsea was an exception but i actually expected us to win that the form they were in!

Today feels like a big cup game for some reason. Not sure why it feels so different? Atmosphere in the other top 6 games has been poor, i think it will be bouncing today.

As long as we don’t lose a goal in the 1st 20 mins, then it could get interesting. They are under as much pressure as us, if not more.
    On paper and current form, they win easily, but who would have given Wigan a chance at Leeds when they were 1-0 down and down to 10 men?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    As long as we don’t lose a goal in the 1st 20 mins, then it could get interesting. They are under as much pressure as us, if not more.
    On paper and current form, they win easily, but who would have given Wigan a chance at Leeds when they were 1-0 down and down to 10 men?
    Yes the logic part of my brain tells me it will be exactly the same as the man u man city and spurs home games.

Namely about 3-0 down at half time with game over after about 87 seconds. However we live in hope......

It’s not going to happen.

It’s Liverpool’s season.

It has to be when you see those 2 freakish winning goals in injury time v both Everton and Spurs as well as Man C missing a last gasp penalty at Anfield.

They’ve had the run of the green all season.

And that’s aside from the fact they’ve got brilliant players who score goals for fun.

As long as we give our all and kick the living shit out of them I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    It’s not going to happen.

It’s Liverpool’s season.

It has to be when you see those 2 freakish winning goals in injury time v both Everton and Spurs as well as Man C missing a last gasp penalty at Anfield.

They’ve had the run of the green all season.

And that’s aside from the fact they’ve got brilliant players who score goals for fun.
    Yet even with all that going for them- they still aren't top

Just imagine if things went against them.....

To see the reaction of the pundits like Souness, Phil Thompson and Rednapp would be priceless not to mention the plastics in Cardiff I find myself around every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Fancydan View Post
    To see the reaction of the pundits like Souness, Phil Thompson and Rednapp would be priceless not to mention the plastics in Cardiff I find myself around every day!
    Too right mate.
    A city win today would bring so much joy.
    First and foremost for our survival hopes. Then as you say, for all the plastic, glory hunting Welsh scousers, and the annoying scouse TV pundits.
    It defies belief that there will be Cardiffians living in our great city, that will actually want Liverpool to beat us today.

Not looking forward to it at all, hate matches against the top 6.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Too right mate.
    A city win today would bring so much joy.
    First and foremost for our survival hopes. Then as you say, for all the plastic, glory hunting Welsh scousers, and the annoying scouse TV pundits.
    It defies belief that there will be Cardiffians living in our great city, that will actually want Liverpool to beat us today.
    I once had a Newport boy Liverpool fan make some comment about all the Manure fans coming from Surrey!!! He didn’t take kindly to me asking what part of Merseyside he was from😊

We could certainly do with the points!