+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christians Murdered in Easter terrorist attacks in Sri Lanka

Re: Christians Murdered in Easter terrorist attacks in Sri Lanka

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    I’m a Christian. It is Easter. Our holiday weekend.
    Not a bank holiday as the politically correct BBC insist on calling it these days.
    Well said, bro.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    Interesting and very sad to see the responses on here to over 130 Christians, who were peacefully going about their way on their most holy day, being blown up by extremists in co ordinated attacks.
    Amen to that .

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I used to love Ramadan.

I'm not Muslim (not anything but a complete atheist since the age of 12) but in the mid 1980s I was a Sheffield bus conductor and regularly worked with Muslim drivers. During Ramadan one of my regular drivers (Mo) was met at dusk at a bus stop by his wife and kids, and a big bag of food handed over. We would then floor it to the terminus to create a longer turn-around time and share.

Mo's wife was a fantastic cook!
    Great story .

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    Interesting and very sad to see the responses on here to over 130 Christians, who were peacefully going about their way on their most holy day, being blown up by extremists in co ordinated attacks.
    Thank-you, JD, for bringing us back to the central fact of the post. The grotesque loss of life is tragic, but some feel it legitimate topic to make wisecracks about and seek to score political points before being concerned about the loss of life. Out of the heart the mouth speaks.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Thank-you, JD, for bringing us back to the central fact of the post. The grotesque loss of life is tragic, but some feel it legitimate topic to make wisecracks about and seek to score political points before being concerned about the loss of life. Out of the heart the mouth speaks.

StT.
    <><
    Lets face it, this thread was posted with not a thought for those lives, simply as a tool to make a point. Shameful.

RIP and isn't the world a ****ed up place?

I’m a Christian. It is Easter. Our holiday weekend.
    Not a bank holiday as the politically correct BBC insist on calling it these days.
    It's also Passover. I'm not a Christian. Or a Jew. t's just a holiday to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Lets face it, this thread was posted with not a thought for those lives, simply as a tool to make a point. Shameful.

RIP and isn't the world a ****ed up place?
    Hear hear

As of this morning 290 people have died as a result of yesterday's bombings in Sri Lanka - may they all rest in peace and my condolences go out to all of their families, friends and acquaintances who are left behind to cope as best as they can.

Some of the stuff in this thread marks a new low for this board.

How can the BBC get away with describing the victims as people.
    It’s just so absurd. They were Christians worshipping their God.
    Why are the BBC lefties so scared of reporting the hard truth.

They want a Jihad.
    We know that so why pretend it’s just a series of bombings with people killed.

They want a Jihad.
    Oh do please **** off with your faux outrage no doubt fuelled by alcohol and your political views. Unbelievably crass and attention seeking.

Rest in peace to all the victims, what a truly horrendous day for the people in Sri Lanka.

I’m making a valid point about journalism and if you want to ignore the observation don’t bother being abusive here.
    That’s one thing I can’t be accused of.

This is a tragic event for humanity not just the Sri Lankan’s.

It’s probably the largest religious hatred killing occurrence I can recall.

As shocking as this latest atrocity against (primarily) Christians is, for some Christians in some parts of the world to be a practicing Christian means literally put your life on the line. On average every month:

345 Christians are killed for faith-related reasons
    105 Churches and Christian buildings are burned or attacked
    219 Christians are detained without trial, arrested, sentenced and imprisoned

Women are the most vulnerable because in some cultures being a woman and a Christian means they face double persecution. Us Christians in the West have no idea of what persecution really means. The worst we can expect at the moment is general derision or more usually total apathy but in the future....?

(Source: Open Doors).

At leat 150.
    Hope the Muslim community come out in support of us like the West’s response to one loonies actions in NZ.
    I haven't read up on the Sri Lanka incidents, but isn't this more related to their recent civil war rather than Muslim/ Christian sectarianism, seeing as the Christians in Sri Lanka account for about 7% of the population there, and Muslims are about 10%. The rest being Hindu's (12%) and Buddhists (70%).

They want a Jihad.
    Why are you ignoring the innocents killed in hotels?

At leat 150.
    Hope the Muslim community come out in support of us like the West’s response to one loonies actions in NZ.
    I found this in the time it took to Google "Muslim support for Sri Lanka victims"

http://aboutislam.net/muslim-issues/...lanka-victims/

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Oh do please **** off with your faux outrage no doubt fuelled by alcohol and your political views. Unbelievably crass and attention seeking.

Rest in peace to all the victims, what a truly horrendous day for the people in Sri Lanka.
    I can't work out if it's faux outrage, being a snowflake or virtue signalling.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    I haven't read up on the Sri Lanka incidents, but isn't this more related to their recent civil war rather than Muslim/ Christian sectarianism, seeing as the Christians in Sri Lanka account for about 7% of the population there, and Muslims are about 10%. The rest being Hindu's (12%) and Buddhists (70%).
    You are accurate, based on what I've read, on the religious make up of Sri Lanka.

All of the interviews I've heard from various high ranking officials and their (and the Government's) approach have been highly commendable and measured in such tragic and difficult circumstances.

However, they have apparently arrested 24 people, some appear to be foreign nationals and I've heard one unsubstantiated report of a Dutch person being involved, along with another unsubstantiated report that apparently an Islamic Jihadist group had warned of pending attacks.

Possibly a load of rubbish, possibly the truth.

The Churches, congregations and the timing suggest that it was religiously motivated and it is highly unlikely to have been Buddhist or Hindu inspired.

The motive for the attacks on the hotels is less clear.

I’m making a valid point about journalism and if you want to ignore the observation don’t bother being abusive here.
    That’s one thing I can’t be accused of.

This is a tragic event for humanity not just the Sri Lankan’s.

It’s probably the largest religious hatred killing occurrence I can recall.
    You should read up on the crusades and the religious wars.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You should read up on the crusades and the religious wars.
    People look back at the Crusades in isolation and as though they were over a short period of time.

It took them 200 years to respond to widespread terror, aggression, forced conversion and invasion by Muslims. Islam didn't exist until the 7th century.

You should read up on what led up to the Crusades.