+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christians Murdered in Easter terrorist attacks in Sri Lanka

Christians Murdered in Easter terrorist attacks in Sri Lanka

At leat 150.
    Hope the Muslim community come out in support of us like the West’s response to one loonies actions in NZ.

Re: Christians Murdered in Easter terrorist attacks in Sri Lanka

Is that really your first thought?

Strangely yes it was.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    At leat 150. Hope the Muslim community come out in support of us like the West’s response to one loonies actions in NZ.
    I had no idea you were Sri Lankan.

I’m a Christian. It is Easter. Our holiday weekend.
    Not a bank holiday as the politically correct BBC insist on calling it these days.

Strangely yes it was.
    What do you reckon the Muslims will make of our game with Liverpool?

Right wing racist NQAT

Not a bank holiday as the politically correct BBC insist on calling it these days.
    Yes, those naughty BBC people are the only people who call it a bank holiday, it's probably all a plan to make us turn muslim.

But not you, mate. You're much too smart to fall for that.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Yes, those naughty BBC people are the only people who call it a bank holiday, it's probably all a plan to make us turn muslim.

But not you, mate. You're much too smart to fall for that.
    😂

I’m a Christian.
    Really? You're full of surprises. Of all the people who post on here, you're one of the last I would have had marked down as a religious type. How often do you get to church?

Strangely yes it was.
    That is very strange indeed. My first thoughts were for the innocent people who lost their lives.

If you're a Christian, then Easter Sunday isn't a "holiday", but a Holy Day - the most important feast day of the Christian calendar, more so than Christmas.

If you are a Christian explain the Dinosaurs.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Apparently the world was made with artificial fossils to test man's beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Really? You're full of surprises. Of all the people who post on here, you're one of the last I would have had marked down as a religious type. How often do you get to church?
    I bet he never goes Plastic

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Large Protestants who Henry VIII had something to do with😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    If you're a Christian, then Easter Sunday isn't a "holiday", but a Holy Day - the most important feast day of the Christian calendar, more so than Christmas.
    It's another rip off holy day that was introduced to get Pagans on board.

Interesting and very sad to see the responses on here to over 130 Christians, who were peacefully going about their way on their most holy day, being blown up by extremists in co ordinated attacks.

At leat 150.
    Hope the Muslim community come out in support of us like the West’s response to one loonies actions in NZ.
    Must have happened not long after I was admiring the Ramadam section of delights in Tesco last night.

Wonder why outrages against Mosques, etc the media - particularly the BBC - use the word 'Muslims' frequently in their headlines and editorial. Reading the BBC leader article the world 'Christian' gets an indirect mention [via the Pope] after about 500 words.

The BBC journos must must be choking on their falafels..

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    Interesting and very sad to see the responses on here to over 130 Christians, who were peacefully going about their way on their most holy day, being blown up by extremists in co ordinated attacks.
    Indeed, there seems almost to be an air of joviality to this thread.

I may have misread the reports (now up to 207 dead and over 450 injured) but the attacks in Sri Lanka were on churches and hotels.

Clearly Christians were one target (presumably to create inter-faith conflict and the type of international headlines generated in the last few hours - much like the thread header) but so were Sri Lankan workers (and police), holidaymakers and foreign tourists.

A wider range of victims and probably more complex motives than you suggest. A barbaric act.

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    It's not that surprising. The OP derailed it in his second sentence. The thread was never intended to be about the victims.

It is, of course, a tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Must have happened not long after I was admiring the Ramadam section of delights in Tesco last night.

Wonder why outrages against Mosques, etc the media - particularly the BBC - use the word 'Muslims' frequently in their headlines and editorial. Reading the BBC leader article the world 'Christian' gets an indirect mention [via the Pope] after about 500 words.

On the BBC story I read, it mentions churches and Easter right at the start. Are you really so bothered that you need to see the word 'christian' too?

You should take it as reassurance that they assume their readers can join the dots. Maybe Christianity isn't as dead as some on here say?

By the way, it seems a bit poor for tesco to label their food section after Ramadan, which is a festival specifically about fasting. Do they really call it Ramadan delights?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    On the BBC story I read, it mentions churches and Easter right at the start. Are you really so bothered that you need to see the word 'christian' too?

You should take it as reassurance that they assume their readers can join the dots. Maybe Christianity isn't as dead as some on here say?

By the way, it seems a bit poor for tesco to label their food section after Ramadan, which is a festival specifically about fasting. Do they really call it Ramadan delights?
    I used to love Ramadan.

I'm not Muslim (not anything but a complete atheist since the age of 12) but in the mid 1980s I was a Sheffield bus conductor and regularly worked with Muslim drivers. During Ramadan one of my regular drivers (Mo) was met at dusk at a bus stop by his wife and kids, and a big bag of food handed over. We would then floor it to the terminus to create a longer turn-around time and share.

Mo's wife was a fantastic cook!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post

Quite often terrorist attacks are carried out in the name of Islam. Now it may not be the kind of Islam practiced by the majority of moslems but it does provide a rationale for media outlets to mention religion.
    White supremacist terrorism isn't often done under the banner of Christianity. If it isn't then the religion of the attackers isn't especially relevant, although their politics obviously is.