Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 61

Thread: Short note to Mo Salah

  1. #1

    Short note to Mo Salah

    Well you found the need to cheat again. Your great team would probably have won without your cheating. Throwing yourself to the ground as you have been caught doing all season. Everyone saw it.
    Karma will get you and your teammates now.
    Forget the title itís Man Cityís.

    😉

  2. #2

    Re: Short note to Mo Salah

    Salah was getting absolutely mauled by Morrison. He'd been a fool not to go down.

  3. #3

    Re: Short note to Mo Salah

    I think you're buying the NBC biased b******s' line there. (I really hate NBC. Arlo? doesn't even know the laws of the game.) He dived. What would have been fair would have been a pen for them and a yellow card for the curly-haired cheat.

  4. #4

    Re: Short note to Mo Salah

    Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    I think you're buying the NBC biased b******s' line there. (I really hate NBC. Arlo? doesn't even know the laws of the game.) He dived. What would have been fair would have been a pen for them and a yellow card for the curly-haired cheat.
    It can't be a Sala booking and a penalty

  5. #5

    Re: Short note to Mo Salah

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Salah was getting absolutely mauled by Morrison. He'd been a fool not to go down.
    How many times have we heard from pundits 'he went down too late'? Salah today was the definition of this and the ref went along with it. We blew chances, we weren't getting a point but he is a little diving shit and doesn't deserve protection from criticism.

  6. #6

    Re: Short note to Mo Salah

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    How many times have we heard from pundits 'he went down too late'? Salah today was the definition of this and the ref went along with it. We blew chances, we weren't getting a point but he is a little diving shit and doesn't deserve protection from criticism.
    I called his dive before he did it. Predictable. He seems immune from mass media criticism. He's one of the biggest cheats in the PL.

  7. #7

    Re: Short note to Mo Salah

    Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    I called his dive before he did it. Predictable. He seems immune from mass media criticism. He's one of the biggest cheats in the PL.
    He's not even all that good, definately not in the same class as Hazard/Aguero. He once has a decent run, but that was it.

  8. #8

    Re: Short note to Mo Salah

    Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    I called his dive before he did it. Predictable. He seems immune from mass media criticism. He's one of the biggest cheats in the PL.
    He did go down rather theatrically but if you watch the replays Morrison has he arms around Salah thereby giving Salah every opportunity to go down.

    It was clumsy defending.

    It was Morrisonís mistake that led to the situation arising in the first place.

  9. #9

    Re: Short note to Mo Salah

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    He did go down rather theatrically but if you watch the replays Morrison has he arms around Salah thereby giving Salah every opportunity to go down.

    It was clumsy defending.

    It was Morrison’s mistake that led to the situation arising in the first place.
    He actually falls to the floor when Morrison lets him go he’ll hopefully be getting a lot of bookings next season rather than pelanties

  10. #10

    Re: Short note to Mo Salah

    Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    He actually falls to the floor when Morrison lets him go heíll hopefully be getting a lot of bookings next season rather than pelanties
    You are right, but you can see why it was given. I didnít think that it was a penalty in real time but the slow motion replay may it look worse and Morrison provided Salah with the chance to force the ref to make a decision.

    I wonder what VAR would have made of it? 🥴

  11. #11

    Re: Short note to Mo Salah

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    He did go down rather theatrically but if you watch the replays Morrison has he arms around Salah thereby giving Salah every opportunity to go down.

    It was clumsy defending.

    It was Morrisonís mistake that led to the situation arising in the first place.
    No dive no pen.
    Try being a 6 ft 3 defender having a short player backing into you and tell me where you put your arms.
    Also, look st the photos and Salah has hold of Morrisonís arm. I used to trap defenders arms between my chest/ Side and arm and pull them off balance.

    Salah has done similar with Morrison.
    Is that a free kick in the corner if the attacker is shielding the ball ?

    But no problem at the next corner pull Morrisonís shirt, arm , strangle him etc.. no pen

    Salah is a cheating shit who does it nearly every week, but football these days rewards players who dive and doesnít punish them. Last week he clearly dived against Chelsea. No action.

    If I had my way that would be a 6 week ban.

    As it is itís more profitable to cheat

  12. #12

    Re: Short note to Mo Salah

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    You are right, but you can see why it was given. I didn’t think that it was a penalty in real time but the slow motion replay may it look worse and Morrison provided Salah with the chance to force the ref to make a decision.

    I wonder what VAR would have made of it? ��
    Morrison has given the ref a decision to make unfortunately but I honestly believe it would be a different outcome if it was the other box, niasse got away from one of the defenders in the first half and he was impeded with an arm across him in theory

  13. #13

    Re: Short note to Mo Salah

    He went down very very easily, unfortunately it was a stonewall penalty though - Morrison had his arms all over Salah. It was stupid from Morrison as Salah wasnít going anywhere in that position.

  14. #14

    Re: Short note to Mo Salah

    Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    He went down very very easily, unfortunately it was a stonewall penalty though - Morrison had his arms all over Salah. It was stupid from Morrison as Salah wasnít going anywhere in that position.
    Penalty at very single corner then.
    Peltier all over Van Dyke at one in the first half.

    Donít see free kicks given for similar on other areas of the pitch.

  15. #15

    Re: Short note to Mo Salah

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Penalty at very single corner then.
    Peltier all over Van Dyke at one in the first half.

    Donít see free kicks given for similar on other areas of the pitch.
    You do when the offender has BOTH arms wrapped around the player being fouled for 4/5 seconds. One quick nibble you can get away with, two or three and youíre asking for trouble.

  16. #16

    Re: Short note to Mo Salah

    Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    I called his dive before he did it. Predictable. He seems immune from mass media criticism. He's one of the biggest cheats in the PL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He's not even all that good, definately not in the same class as Hazard/Aguero. He once has a decent run, but that was it.
    Hazard would have sprung free and Morrison would have given away an actual pelanty. Salah is the same player for Liverpool as we was for Basel, sick on the break and everything else is a scare factor, back to a defender all he can do is sprawl.

  17. #17

    Re: Short note to Mo Salah

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You do when the offender has BOTH arms wrapped around the player being fouled for 4/5 seconds. One quick nibble you can get away with, two or three and you’re asking for trouble.
    Yeah it was stupid defending, did he blow for that or the exaggerated fall? Guess we will never know.

  18. #18

    Re: Short note to Mo Salah

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Penalty at very single corner then.
    Peltier all over Van Dyke at one in the first half.

    Don’t see free kicks given for similar on other areas of the pitch.
    Yes. There's going to be a lot of penalties next year. But hopefully not as many for diving.

  19. #19

    Re: Short note to Mo Salah

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Yeah it was stupid defending, did he blow for that or the exaggerated fall? Guess we will never know.
    Sky seemed to think it was the persistent holding. He jinked one way them the other and all that time Mozza hasnít taken his arms off him.

  20. #20
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    8,066

    Re: Short note to Mo Salah

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You do when the offender has BOTH arms wrapped around the player being fouled for 4/5 seconds. One quick nibble you can get away with, two or three and you’re asking for trouble.
    I agree - Morrison made it possible for the ref to give the penalty.

    BUT he had let go and was pulling his arms away when Salah decided to do his dying swan dive.

    I would have no problem with the decision if we had also got 10-12 penalties ourselves this season for similar (or worse) manhandling by opposition defenders - often on Mozzer.

  21. #21

    Re: Short note to Mo Salah

    110% cast iron pen, that said little Mo isn't an honest professional.

  22. #22

    Re: Short note to Mo Salah

    I'd rather talk about Manga who had an outstanding game and kept Salah controlled. Peltier in the first half was immense too.

    Morrison was not effective in the two big moments today but we'll need him firing back over next three weeks. We're in the bottom three because there isn't one player who can say they haven't made an error so we move on and focus on big week ahead.

  23. #23

    Re: Short note to Mo Salah

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You do when the offender has BOTH arms wrapped around the player being fouled for 4/5 seconds. One quick nibble you can get away with, two or three and youíre asking for trouble.
    Anywhere else and the game goes on. Watch next time a player is shielding it in the corner.

    Heís a diving cheat - and gets rewarded for it.
    Dived last week v Chelsea- no punishment.

    If you think itís OK for a player to do that then thatís your perogative. For me it kills my love of the game.

    Reward cheating.
    Donít punish it.. because itís Ďícleverí
    **** that.


    The ref is playing on until he throws himself to the floor.

    What happened between him and Morrison goes on at every corner. When have we had w penalty for it ?

    Morrison himself has his shirt pulled 10 minutes earlier and heads over, is that OK ?

  24. #24

    Re: Short note to Mo Salah

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Anywhere else and the game goes on. Watch next time a player is shielding it in the corner.

    Heís a diving cheat - and gets rewarded for it.
    Dived last week v Chelsea- no punishment.

    If you think itís OK for a player to do that then thatís your perogative. For me it kills my love of the game.

    Reward cheating.
    Donít punish it.. because itís Ďícleverí
    **** that.


    The ref is playing on until he throws himself to the floor.

    What happened between him and Morrison goes on at every corner. When have we had w penalty for it ?

    Morrison himself has his shirt pulled 10 minutes earlier and heads over, is that OK ?
    Morrison played on and it was ignored. It was a foul and a penalty.

  25. #25

    Re: Short note to Mo Salah

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Morrison played on and it was ignored. It was a foul and a penalty.
    I think we can recognise that but are feeling that if that was a penalty then we should have had a number of penalties this year which haven't happened.

    In rugby they say that you have to work out how the ref is interpreting the law and play to that, that no one expects the perfect ref but are expecting a ref consistent for both sides. I think fans of all sides in this division feel that that rarely happens in the premier league, but if you look at us over past four games and we've had it bad within 3 of those games and perhaps have benefited in 1. Does it even out? Do bigger sides get more decisions because they attack more? Is that right?

  26. #26

    Re: Short note to Mo Salah

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Anywhere else and the game goes on. Watch next time a player is shielding it in the corner.

    Heís a diving cheat - and gets rewarded for it.
    Dived last week v Chelsea- no punishment.

    If you think itís OK for a player to do that then thatís your perogative. For me it kills my love of the game.

    Reward cheating.
    Donít punish it.. because itís Ďícleverí
    **** that.


    The ref is playing on until he throws himself to the floor.

    What happened between him and Morrison goes on at every corner. When have we had w penalty for it ?

    Morrison himself has his shirt pulled 10 minutes earlier and heads over, is that OK ?
    Both penalties but as I said originally you can get away with a little nibble which is what Robinson did to Morrison, but you canít wrap both arms around a player for 4/5 seconds and expect to get away with it.

    If that was on the halfway line and a player is trying to wriggle free but defender has BOTH arms around him then itís given as a foul.

  27. #27

    Re: Short note to Mo Salah

    Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    I think you're buying the NBC biased b******s' line there. (I really hate NBC. Arlo? doesn't even know the laws of the game.) He dived. What would have been fair would have been a pen for them and a yellow card for the curly-haired cheat.
    I'd be surprised if the Sky pundits didn't think it was a pen.

  28. #28

    Re: Short note to Mo Salah

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Both penalties but as I said originally you can get away with a little nibble which is what Robinson did to Morrison, but you canít wrap both arms around a player for 4/5 seconds and expect to get away with it.

    If that was on the halfway line and a player is trying to wriggle free but defender has BOTH arms around him then itís given as a foul.
    I don't understand what Salah throwing himself to the floor has to do with it. The offence had already been committed.

  29. #29

    Re: Short note to Mo Salah

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'd be surprised if the Sky pundits didn't think it was a pen.
    They agreed it was a pen. No need for the theatrical fall but agreed he was holding him for far too long.

  30. #30

    Re: Short note to Mo Salah

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't understand what Salah throwing himself to the floor has to do with it. The offence had already been committed.
    They seem to think Salah throwing himself to the floor is the reason the ref blew for the foul.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •