+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Short note to Mo Salah

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Short note to Mo Salah

Well you found the need to cheat again. Your great team would probably have won without your cheating. Throwing yourself to the ground as you have been caught doing all season. Everyone saw it.
    Karma will get you and your teammates now.
    Forget the title it’s Man City’s.

😉

Re: Short note to Mo Salah

Salah was getting absolutely mauled by Morrison. He'd been a fool not to go down.

First Team

I think you're buying the NBC biased b******s' line there. (I really hate NBC. Arlo? doesn't even know the laws of the game.) He dived. What would have been fair would have been a pen for them and a yellow card for the curly-haired cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    I think you're buying the NBC biased b******s' line there. (I really hate NBC. Arlo? doesn't even know the laws of the game.) He dived. What would have been fair would have been a pen for them and a yellow card for the curly-haired cheat.
    It can't be a Sala booking and a penalty

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    I'd be surprised if the Sky pundits didn't think it was a pen.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Salah was getting absolutely mauled by Morrison. He'd been a fool not to go down.
    How many times have we heard from pundits 'he went down too late'? Salah today was the definition of this and the ref went along with it. We blew chances, we weren't getting a point but he is a little diving shit and doesn't deserve protection from criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    How many times have we heard from pundits 'he went down too late'? Salah today was the definition of this and the ref went along with it. We blew chances, we weren't getting a point but he is a little diving shit and doesn't deserve protection from criticism.
    I called his dive before he did it. Predictable. He seems immune from mass media criticism. He's one of the biggest cheats in the PL.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    I called his dive before he did it. Predictable. He seems immune from mass media criticism. He's one of the biggest cheats in the PL.
    He's not even all that good, definately not in the same class as Hazard/Aguero. He once has a decent run, but that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He's not even all that good, definately not in the same class as Hazard/Aguero. He once has a decent run, but that was it.
    Hazard would have sprung free and Morrison would have given away an actual pelanty. Salah is the same player for Liverpool as we was for Basel, sick on the break and everything else is a scare factor, back to a defender all he can do is sprawl.

He did go down rather theatrically but if you watch the replays Morrison has he arms around Salah thereby giving Salah every opportunity to go down.

It was clumsy defending.

It was Morrison’s mistake that led to the situation arising in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    He did go down rather theatrically but if you watch the replays Morrison has he arms around Salah thereby giving Salah every opportunity to go down.

It was clumsy defending.

He actually falls to the floor when Morrison lets him go he’ll hopefully be getting a lot of bookings next season rather than pelanties

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    He actually falls to the floor when Morrison lets him go he’ll hopefully be getting a lot of bookings next season rather than pelanties
    You are right, but you can see why it was given. I didn’t think that it was a penalty in real time but the slow motion replay may it look worse and Morrison provided Salah with the chance to force the ref to make a decision.

I wonder what VAR would have made of it? 🥴

You are right, but you can see why it was given. I didn’t think that it was a penalty in real time but the slow motion replay may it look worse and Morrison provided Salah with the chance to force the ref to make a decision.

I wonder what VAR would have made of it? ��
    Morrison has given the ref a decision to make unfortunately but I honestly believe it would be a different outcome if it was the other box, niasse got away from one of the defenders in the first half and he was impeded with an arm across him in theory

It was clumsy defending.

No dive no pen.
    Try being a 6 ft 3 defender having a short player backing into you and tell me where you put your arms.
    Also, look st the photos and Salah has hold of Morrison’s arm. I used to trap defenders arms between my chest/ Side and arm and pull them off balance.

Salah has done similar with Morrison.
    Is that a free kick in the corner if the attacker is shielding the ball ?

But no problem at the next corner pull Morrison’s shirt, arm , strangle him etc.. no pen

Salah is a cheating shit who does it nearly every week, but football these days rewards players who dive and doesn’t punish them. Last week he clearly dived against Chelsea. No action.

If I had my way that would be a 6 week ban.

As it is it’s more profitable to cheat

He went down very very easily, unfortunately it was a stonewall penalty though - Morrison had his arms all over Salah. It was stupid from Morrison as Salah wasn’t going anywhere in that position.

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    He went down very very easily, unfortunately it was a stonewall penalty though - Morrison had his arms all over Salah. It was stupid from Morrison as Salah wasn’t going anywhere in that position.
    Penalty at very single corner then.
    Peltier all over Van Dyke at one in the first half.

Don’t see free kicks given for similar on other areas of the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

You do when the offender has BOTH arms wrapped around the player being fouled for 4/5 seconds. One quick nibble you can get away with, two or three and you’re asking for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You do when the offender has BOTH arms wrapped around the player being fouled for 4/5 seconds. One quick nibble you can get away with, two or three and you’re asking for trouble.
    Yeah it was stupid defending, did he blow for that or the exaggerated fall? Guess we will never know.

I agree - Morrison made it possible for the ref to give the penalty.

BUT he had let go and was pulling his arms away when Salah decided to do his dying swan dive.

I would have no problem with the decision if we had also got 10-12 penalties ourselves this season for similar (or worse) manhandling by opposition defenders - often on Mozzer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

Yes. There's going to be a lot of penalties next year. But hopefully not as many for diving.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Yeah it was stupid defending, did he blow for that or the exaggerated fall? Guess we will never know.
    Sky seemed to think it was the persistent holding. He jinked one way them the other and all that time Mozza hasn’t taken his arms off him.

Sky seemed to think it was the persistent holding. He jinked one way them the other and all that time Mozza hasn’t taken his arms off him.
    Well that solves it then.

110% cast iron pen, that said little Mo isn't an honest professional.

I'd rather talk about Manga who had an outstanding game and kept Salah controlled. Peltier in the first half was immense too.

Morrison was not effective in the two big moments today but we'll need him firing back over next three weeks. We're in the bottom three because there isn't one player who can say they haven't made an error so we move on and focus on big week ahead.

Anywhere else and the game goes on. Watch next time a player is shielding it in the corner.

He’s a diving cheat - and gets rewarded for it.
    Dived last week v Chelsea- no punishment.

If you think it’s OK for a player to do that then that’s your perogative. For me it kills my love of the game.

Reward cheating.
    Don’t punish it.. because it’s ‘’clever’
    **** that.

The ref is playing on until he throws himself to the floor.

What happened between him and Morrison goes on at every corner. When have we had w penalty for it ?

Morrison himself has his shirt pulled 10 minutes earlier and heads over, is that OK ?