+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wonder how Tan will react if we are relegated by a point or two

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I wonder how Tan will react if we are relegated by a point or two

He likes a law suit and I wonder what he thinks about the Chelsea result and how if that if we had got the three points we would have stayed up?

He seems to have been quite quiet about it

Re: I wonder how Tan will react if we are relegated by a point or two

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    He likes a law suit and I wonder what he thinks about the Chelsea result and how if that if we had got the three points we would have stayed up?

He seems to have been quite quiet about it
    The day clubs start trying to sue referees/football authorities/whoever over honest mistakes is the day I jack in football.

The continued reaction over that Chelsea offside is ott. The way the players were moving, it was far from obvious.

And completely ignores Chelsea scored another one afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    The day clubs start trying to sue referees/football authorities/whoever over honest mistakes is the day I jack in football.

The continued reaction over that Chelsea offside is ott. The way the players were moving, it was far from obvious.

And your summary of the match completely ignores a lot of other events - most of which wrongly favoured Chelsea (as a very big majority of neutral commentators have said).

I think it is fine for Warnock to continue to drop the Chelsea game into interviews - especially as he is often replying to direct questions. It isn't as if it is the main story. It is just an illustration of the fine margins and some bad calls that have contributed to (but don't explain) our league position. I hope and expect that it will get its' own chapter when The Gaffer is updated and reprinted.

I don't agree. That offside was the worst obviously wrong decision I've seen this season and, with our manager unable to comment on it now because he'd likely get another FA charge thrown at him, I think supporters should keep it up there as a discussion point - the sort of stark ineptitude shown by two of the officials that day should have no place in a League which sells itself as being the best in the world.

Chelsea may have gone on to score if their equaliser had been disallowed, but I think it could be argued at least as strongly that City players would have had a second wind from the relief of seeing it ruled out which could have taken them through the short period which remained - they had kept Chelsea out by fair means for eighty four minutes after all and it needed foul means to breach their defence.

Also, while you say people who keep on about the goal are completely ignoring the one that came after it, aren't you completely ignoring the argument that says Chelsea would have been less likely to push as many men forward as they did for their winner if Pawson hadn't blundered yet again when Rudiger was allowed to stay on the pitch?

I should say as well mind that I definitely wouldn't want to see the club take the matter to the Courts.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don't agree. That offside was the worst obviously wrong decision I've seen this season and, with our manager unable to comment on it now because he'd likely get another FA charge thrown at him, I think supporters should keep it up there as a discussion point - the sort of stark ineptitude shown by two of the officials that day should have no place in a League which sells itself as being the best in the world.

Chelsea may have gone on to score if their equaliser had been disallowed, but I think it could be argued at least as strongly that City players would have had a second wind from the relief of seeing it ruled out which could have taken them through the short period which remained - they had kept Chelsea out by fair means for eighty four minutes after all and it needed foul means to breach their defence.

Also, while you say people who keep on about the goal are completely ignoring the one that came after it, aren't you completely ignoring the argument that says Chelsea would have been less likely to push as many men forward as they did for their winner if Pawson hadn't blundered yet again when Rudiger was allowed to stay on the pitch?

I should say as well mind that I definitely wouldn't want to see the club take the matter to the Courts.
    If we're going to be retrospective, then shouldn't we take everything into account, like poor defending, missed opportunities, maybe not getting the correct players in and not being good enough-If we go down-We will never know, but i'd bet that as professionals the players wont be harking on about the Chelsea game, if they're true to their trade then they'll look at themselves and take responsibility, same goes for Warnock, whatever he says infront of the Camera, Players quite simply aren't like alot of supporters who are emotively involved (nothing wrong with that) and look at isolated incidents, sometimes in order to justify the real reasons. Yes we got done against Chelsea, but in my opinion it serves little purpose in looking back at it unless we do the same with every other incident that has effected our season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    If we're going to be retrospective, then shouldn't we take everything into account, like poor defending, missed opportunities, maybe not getting the correct players in and not being good enough-If we go down-We will never know, but i'd bet that as professionals the players wont be harking on about the Chelsea game, if they're true to their trade then they'll look at themselves and take responsibility, same goes for Warnock, whatever he says infront of the Camera, Players quite simply aren't like alot of supporters who are emotively involved (nothing wrong with that) and look at isolated incidents, sometimes in order to justify the real reasons. Yes we got done against Chelsea, but in my opinion it serves little purpose in looking back at it unless we do the same with every other incident that has effected our season.
    I think Warnock and media should continue to bring it up.
    It is not the reason why we may end up relegated but at least we should continue to put the FA under pressure so these particular individuals do not continue to officiate in the Premier league.
    In that way it will be very clear what their employers opinion of them is.
    Managers are continually fined for saying anything derogatory after the game, however, referees are never required to provide justification for some of their blatant decisions

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I think Warnock and media should continue to bring it up.
    It is not the reason why we may end up relegated but at least we should continue to put the FA under pressure so these particular individuals do not continue to officiate in the Premier league.
    In that way it will be very clear what their employers opinion of them is.
    Managers are continually fined for saying anything derogatory after the game, however, referees are never required to provide justification for some of their blatant decisions
    You don’t believe the FA will actually do anything about inept officials, do you? They like the media are only interested in the so called big Clubs, Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham. They will do sweet FA, pardon the pun.

I don't agree. That offside was the worst obviously wrong decision I've seen this season.....
    Did you see the Leeds penalty that wasn't awarded earlier this evening? If so, what did you make of it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Did you see the Leeds penalty that wasn't awarded earlier this evening? If so, what did you make of it?
    What do you expect? Its the same ref who blows up as Sol Bamba is sticking the ball in the net. The useless tw@t said he couldn't see him. Yeah 6 6 Sol Bamba in a bright yellow or whatever horrible colour our away top is.

What was funny just before they went to slow mo they said maybe Stroud was unsighted. They then showed the clown yards away with a perfect view.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    What do you expect? Its the same ref who blows up as Sol Bamba is sticking the ball in the net. The useless tw@t said he couldn't see him. Yeah 6 6 Sol Bamba in a bright yellow or whatever horrible colour our away top is.

What was funny just before they went to slow mo they said maybe Stroud was unsighted. They then showed the clown yards away with a perfect view.
    Very poor refereeing. It was about as blatant a penalty as you're likely to see and Stroud was looking right at it. Abysmal decision.

Apparently, there's a Premier League referee who couldn't see Bamba taking his shirt off.

I'm with you regarding honest mistakes, but that Chelsea offside decision was so bad that it makes you wonder why the linesman made that decision. Chelsea won't be complaining though, as finishing 4th is worth tens of millions to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'm with you regarding honest mistakes, but that Chelsea offside decision was so bad that it makes you wonder why the linesman made that decision.
    I'm guessing that, like most of the people in the ground and those of us watching on TV, he didn't spot it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'm with you regarding honest mistakes, but that Chelsea offside decision was so bad that it makes you wonder why the linesman made that decision. Chelsea won't be complaining though, as finishing 4th is worth tens of millions to them.
    Honest mistakes are harder to come to terms with when you've skin in the game.. Just have to accept it happens to everyone at some point and move on.. there's no grand conspiracy against us, although I can understand yourself in particular taking comfort from thinking there is.. Roll on VAR I say, although we likely won't have the benefit of it ourselves next season.

There were loads of poor decisions in that game. And not an overreaction. But the ‘continued overreaction’ IMO is warnock trying to subconsciously influence future decisions and give us more chance of getting a 50:50 decision go our way while trying to create a siege mentality, us against them with the team and fans.

He’s a clever guy and hats off to him whatever happens now

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    There were loads of poor decisions in that game. And not an overreaction. But the ‘continued overreaction’ IMO is warnock trying to subconsciously influence future decisions and give us more chance of getting a 50:50 decision go our way while trying to create a siege mentality, us against them with the team and fans.

He’s a clever guy and hats off to him whatever happens now
    Yeah so clever we had 3 pens turned down in the next game

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    The way they crossed paths made it impossible to see without replays - hence why not one player and no-one in the crowd appealed for offside.

The way they crossed paths made it impossible to see without replays - hence why not one player and no-one in the crowd appealed for offside.
    There were plenty by me screaming for offside.

Saying that was impossible to see without replays is almost as ott as talks of suing.

The job of looking a across the line and spotting the offside was 1 mans job. Not the crowds not the players. The linesman. He failed to spot a player a couple of yards offside. Hes had a shocker.

Hes fecked up. A easy decision to make when its his job.

Niasse appealed straight away.

Totally agree with this ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Of course anyone could look at every possible situation that may have impacted on any game and you would probably say that most games should end 0-0.

A lot of things have been inside our control and we have been good, but maybe not good enough.

However there have been extraordinary events that have seriously affected our season that were outside our control. The loss of Sala is obvious.

Then some of the most ludicrous officiating known to humanity, so close to the end of the season has a huge impact.

If we are within 2 points from safety at the end of the season, most reasonable people would agree that the Chelsea will have cost us our Premier league status.

If we go down, it won’t be because of any of the games against the top 6, it will be because we couldn’t beat Huddersfield (twice) or Burnley at home, along with a few other results. We simply haven’t scored enough goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    If we go down, it won’t be because of any of the games against the top 6, it will be because we couldn’t beat Huddersfield (twice) or Burnley at home, along with a few other results. We simply haven’t scored enough goals.
    This is true, but hard to blame the club when we made an exceptional signing to address that..

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    May be wrong but im sure West Brom got about 11 points v the top 6 last season.

We are probably going to be 5 or 6 short.

0 points v the top 6 doesmt help.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    May be wrong but im sure West Brom got about 11 points v the top 6 last season.

We are probably going to be 5 or 6 short.

0 points v the top 6 doesmt help.
    West Brom were not odds on to go down at the beginning of last season. We've still exceeded expectations and barring the first couple of months when we looked lost it's been a bloody good effort.