Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I don't agree. That offside was the worst obviously wrong decision I've seen this season and, with our manager unable to comment on it now because he'd likely get another FA charge thrown at him, I think supporters should keep it up there as a discussion point - the sort of stark ineptitude shown by two of the officials that day should have no place in a League which sells itself as being the best in the world.

Chelsea may have gone on to score if their equaliser had been disallowed, but I think it could be argued at least as strongly that City players would have had a second wind from the relief of seeing it ruled out which could have taken them through the short period which remained - they had kept Chelsea out by fair means for eighty four minutes after all and it needed foul means to breach their defence.

Also, while you say people who keep on about the goal are completely ignoring the one that came after it, aren't you completely ignoring the argument that says Chelsea would have been less likely to push as many men forward as they did for their winner if Pawson hadn't blundered yet again when Rudiger was allowed to stay on the pitch?

I should say as well mind that I definitely wouldn't want to see the club take the matter to the Courts.
Totally agree with this ^^^