Thread: I wonder how Tan will react if we are relegated by a point or two

Re: I wonder how Tan will react if we are relegated by a point or two

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Don’t forget 5 season contract Bacuna
    Oh yeah forgot about the Cardiff Pogba.😂

Don’t forget 5 season contract Bacuna
    And yet, Fulham spent far, far more and haven't a single signing that made any impact whatsoever.. Huddersfield spent close to £30M on a centre back and striker from Monaco, both shite. Brighton spent over £75M - Name one of them. There's not a high success rate with signings when you're of our stature in this league.. we did alright in context.

EDIT: **OK Mitrovic is good**
    Last edited by Freitag 4.17; 22-04-19 at 21:15. Reason: Effed up

Reid and Murphy are young and will improve although in this league they offer nothing defensibly .Cunningham and Smithies will replace Bennett and Etheridge who will be sold if we go down'
    The 5 year contract for Bacuna well you've got me beat there,
    30 million quid in this league is peanuts

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    And yet, Fulham spent far, far more and haven't a single signing that made any impact whatsoever.. Huddersfield spent close to £30M on a centre back and striker from Monaco, both shite. Brighton spent over £75M - Name one of them. There's not a high success rate with signings when you're of our stature in this league.. we did alright in context.

EDIT: **OK Mitrovic is good**
    How did we do alright? None of them can get in the team?!?!?

Just because Fulham pissed 100m up the wall it doesn’t make our 30-35m any less of a waste.

Just because Fulham pissed 100m up the wall it doesn’t make our 30-35m any less of a waste.
    I think it's about £70m less of a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I think it's about £70m less of a waste.
    Yeah for Fulham. It doesn’t excuse the 40m we’ve wasted in the last 3 windows. On 6 players who can’t get in the team. Not even as if one of the six has been a success.

Yeah for Fulham. It doesn’t excuse the 40m we’ve wasted in the last 3 windows. On 6 players who can’t get in the team. Not even as if one of the six has been a success.
    When was the last time we had a successful transfer window?

25 of the 30 goals we've scored this season have been warnock signings, brought in by the same management team that took us from the brink of relegation to league one to promotion to the premier league.. Madine the only really questionable signing for me.. I'm not sure what you were expecting but good value signings that become world beaters are the exception rather than the rule...

There were loads of poor decisions in that game. And not an overreaction. But the ‘continued overreaction’ IMO is warnock trying to subconsciously influence future decisions and give us more chance of getting a 50:50 decision go our way while trying to create a siege mentality, us against them with the team and fans.

He’s a clever guy and hats off to him whatever happens now

Let's not forget £6 million for Madine either.

Sadly the extent of our ambition and the rhetoric trotted out was nothing more than

“let’s give it a go with £30+ million and if it doesn’t work out at least we’ll have an improved squad for another assault on the Championship”

Inspirational it wasn’t

I wonder, would it be financially beneficial to him to be relegated?

I read something a long time ago and my memory isn't that great, but the crux of it was that it is better to be relegated than stay up in 15th, 16th, 17th.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post

I read something a long time ago and my memory isn't that great, but the crux of it was that it is better to be relegated than stay up in 15th, 16th, 17th.
    Uh?

That does seem odd, why?

Well he's done it to perfection. All he needs to do is tell the team to lose the last 3 matches.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Sadly the extent of our ambition and the rhetoric trotted out was nothing more than

“let’s give it a go with £30+ million and if it doesn’t work out at least we’ll have an improved squad for another assault on the Championship”

Inspirational it wasn’t
    You've summed it up well, sadly.

I don't see how this is possible.

The point is moot. If we sued over the Chelsea result, Brighton would sue over Sol's 90th minute winner.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    There were loads of poor decisions in that game. And not an overreaction. But the ‘continued overreaction’ IMO is warnock trying to subconsciously influence future decisions and give us more chance of getting a 50:50 decision go our way while trying to create a siege mentality, us against them with the team and fans.

He’s a clever guy and hats off to him whatever happens now
    Yeah so clever we had 3 pens turned down in the next game

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    25 of the 30 goals we've scored this season have been warnock signings, brought in by the same management team that took us from the brink of relegation to league one to promotion to the premier league.. Madine the only really questionable signing for me.. I'm not sure what you were expecting but good value signings that become world beaters are the exception rather than the rule...
    The brink of relegation

No I’m not expecting them to become world beaters but I would expect them to be better than we already had and be able to get in the team. How can you call 40m sat on the bench or loaned out for good value I don’t know.

Warnocks free transfers have been superb by the way but that doesn’t mean his spending shouldn’t be questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    The day clubs start trying to sue referees/football authorities/whoever over honest mistakes is the day I jack in football.

The continued reaction over that Chelsea offside is ott. The way the players were moving, it was far from obvious.

And completely ignores Chelsea scored another one afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    The way they crossed paths made it impossible to see without replays - hence why not one player and no-one in the crowd appealed for offside.

The way they crossed paths made it impossible to see without replays - hence why not one player and no-one in the crowd appealed for offside.
    There were plenty by me screaming for offside.

Saying that was impossible to see without replays is almost as ott as talks of suing.

The job of looking a across the line and spotting the offside was 1 mans job. Not the crowds not the players. The linesman. He failed to spot a player a couple of yards offside. Hes had a shocker.

Hes fecked up. A easy decision to make when its his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Uh?

That does seem odd, why?
    When I read it which must have been about five or more years ago, relegated teams had around £80 mil in 'parachute' payments.

Since then, there seems to be a lot more Championship games shown on SKY which of course brings added revenue.

Niasse appealed straight away.