+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Had Sala arrived here safely ....

Had Sala arrived here safely ....

....and weighed in with, say, 10 goals - mindful that Niasse and Zohore between them have one - would it have been enough?

Re: Had Sala arrived here safely ....

Yes of course it would.

But given Rashford, Martial, Perez and Barnes have only scored 10 over a whole season, I’d say that it is extremely unlikely that it would’ve happened.

10 we have only played 8 games with 3 left since the Newcastle game which was the weekend before his accident !!

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    ....and weighed in with, say, 10 goals - mindful that Niasse and Zohore between them have one - would it have been enough?
    10 goals! he wouldn't have got that many playing for Man City, Add to that the lack of service to our strikers he'd have been lucky to get three. Although in answer to your question, Absolutely.

Although not all of our games see our striker starved of the ball in the way Niasse was yesterday by any means, the point still remains that far better strikers than we have available to us would have struggled to get into double figures over the course of a season given the service they would receive at Cardiff.

Yes, there's a strong chance that a ten goal a season striker would keep us up this season, but, unless something like seven of them were from the penalty spot, he would have to be some player.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Although not all of our games see our striker starved of the ball in the way Niasse was yesterday by any means, the point still remains that far better strikers than we have available to us would have struggled to get into double figures over the course of a season given the service they would receive at Cardiff.

Yes, there's a strong chance that a ten goal a season striker would keep us up this season, but, unless something like seven of them were from the penalty spot, he would have to be some player.
    Our strikers may recieve the ball but they get little support. How often is one of our strikers in a position to recieve the ball with a real chance of threatening the opposition goal? we don't work openings or get players around them and i sort of understand why Warnock is reluctant to do so because if players were released from midfield then there would be even more space for the opposition to exploit.

From the footage I saw he seemed ideally suited to our style of play, but sadly we will never know the reality.

From what I’ve seen and heard, Sala was a better version of Paterson with decent strike but I’m not sure many strikers would score 10 in a Cardiff team.

We’re set up to maximise the sum of our parts but even people slating Niasse and Zohore, I can’t really fault them that much.

If we go down I’ll have my head high, and another year of slogging away at the championship with a 10th places finish.

Difficult to say how he would have done. He couldn't have done any worse than what we have. That's not knocking zohore and niasse who have both contributed but neither are prolific. If sala had even scored one or two they may have proved vital.

Not to be though.

If he scored that would of been a good start, and in those tight games a striker is worth his money

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    From what I’ve seen and heard, Sala was a better version of Paterson with decent strike but I’m not sure many strikers would score 10 in a Cardiff team.

We’re set up to maximise the sum of our parts but even people slating Niasse and Zohore, I can’t really fault them that much.

If we go down I’ll have my head high, and another year of slogging away at the championship with a 10th places finish.
    Paterson is our top scoring centre forward and he’s a full back, shows how good our other centre forwards are as finishers, we should have played one of them with Reid just behind as he can finish?

It's sobering to think that this modest and humble team may have stayed up had we just one decent striker.

Take a look at this: Sala was behind only Messi, Alcacer and Piatek this season in shot conversion.. above the likes of Ronaldo, Lewandoski and more..

http://www.sportbible.com/football/n...ealed-20190411

Beyond any doubt just what a team like us needed and, frankly impressive that we managed to sign the guy.. such a shame