To mess up. No doubt they will contrive to tomorrow night. 😳

Re: You can always rely on Tottenham

Comfortable 5-0 win

4.0...no sweat

1-1

Brighton started to park the bus against wolves and they will continue to do so until the end of the season but I still think spurs will win this one.

Fortunately they can’t afford to take a night off and need to win for their own reasons .....

Saturday will be the game Brighton will chuck the proverbial kitchen sink at , tonight will be a 10 men wall and hope to frustrate and nick a point !

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Fortunately they can’t afford to take a night off and need to win for their own reasons .....

Saturday will be the game Brighton will chuck the proverbial kitchen sink at , tonight will be a 10 men wall and hope to frustrate and nick a point !
    I think the maths is that Brighton can play for a point as much as they want over their remaining games but if we really were to beat Fulham and Palace, we'd have stayed up by two points. Exciting stuff.

I think people are looking at Fulham and Palace games a bit favourably because their seasons are settled.
    Both have had excellent wins and it will be difficult to get 2 wins which even then might not be enough

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I think people are looking at Fulham and Palace games a bit favourably because their seasons are settled.
    Both have had excellent wins and it will be difficult to get 2 wins which even then might not be enough
    At this point, I'd take 4 points from our remaining matches and rely on Brighton shitting the bed.

Of course it will be difficult, we have found wins hard to gain all season let alone 2 on the bounce. But it's our only hope. Realistically I think most know its going to be very difficult to finish above brighton from this point.

Yes, I think Palace's win at Arsenal was as significant for us as Brighton's draw at Wolves. If we are being brutally realistic, the scenario which says we stay up by winning against Fulham and Palace depends greatly on the latter being, firstly, on the beach mentally and, second, not too bothered about sending Brighton down given the way the two clubs feel about each other. Unfortunately, Palace looked like a side playing as if it was their fifth match of the season on Sunday, not their thirty fifth - if they come here and treat the match as they have treated the other away games they've played this season, then they are going to be heavy favourites to come away with at least a draw.

Agreed, both will be really difficult games and carry a lot of pressure, fingers crossed but anything could happen, I think Spurs will win, we really need Newcastle to do us a favour and stuff them!!!

All we can do is take it one game at a time and hope each individual game goes badly wrong for Brighton and each game for us goes incredibly well as far as results are concerned.

There's a long way to go...hopefully.

45 minutes of huff puff garbage.
    I hate Spurs.

Brighton are defending for their lives to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    45 minutes of huff puff garbage.
    I hate Spurs.
    Deli alli re arrange the letters in his name , i`ve got "lightweight fking useless poor mans richard langley."

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    Deli alli re arrange the letters in his name , i`ve got "lightweight fking useless poor mans richard langley."
    So true.
    No surprise Spurs scored after he had been chucked off.

That was a relief. Still an outside chance.

Be interesting to see what Brighton do on Saturday. Backs to the wall for the last 2 games and in some ways easier to come up with gritty performances. Not sure they can do that at Home to Newcastle.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    That was a relief. Still an outside chance.

Be interesting to see what Brighton do on Saturday. Backs to the wall for the last 2 games and in some ways easier to come up with gritty performances. Not sure they can do that at Home to Newcastle.
    Hope the outcome is similar to our game last week. Games they’ve been up against ‘better’ sides recently they’ve shut up shop, they treated us as equals, or perhaps they thought they were a touch superior, and got spanked, hope they treat Newcastle as the easy game of their run in.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    So true.
    No surprise Spurs scored after he had been chucked off.
    He passed the ball to Erickson for the goal. One of them assists that isn’t really an assist.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Hope the outcome is similar to our game last week. Games they’ve been up against ‘better’ sides recently they’ve shut up shop, they treated us as equals, or perhaps they thought they were a touch superior, and got spanked, hope they treat Newcastle as the easy game of their run in.
    I wonder if he’ll start 10 defenders against Man City if they still need a point

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I wonder if he’ll start 10 defenders against Man City if they still need a point
    If they need any sort of result against Man City, they are as good as relegated. Man City will likely need a win in that game. And they will, emphatically, get one. Even if they have already won the league by then, I still can't see any way for that Brighton side to get a result. They cannot score, and they won't last as long as they did tonight against City.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    If they need any sort of result against Man City, they are as good as relegated. Man City will likely need a win in that game. And they will, emphatically, get one. Even if they have already won the league by then, I still can't see any way for that Brighton side to get a result. They cannot score, and they won't last as long as they did tonight against City.
    Man City have players that are better in the pockets. Spurs had to bring on Ben Davies to push Danny Rose forward, they're really running on fumes at the moment, all credit to them!

Like others, I don't think Brighton will get many more points at all.

However, I'm not sure we will either.

This City team always surprises me though. Take pretty much all of last season as an example, and Leicester, Southampton and Brighton away, plus Wolves and Fulham home this season. I didn't predict any of those wins.

Likewise, I didn't expect officials' blunders / incompetence / blatant cheating (take your pick) to stop us beating Chelsea at home, the same preventing a draw away at Everton or at home to Burnley.

We've therefore shown several times we can get unexpected wins.

What I'd give for 2 wins out of the next 2 matches!

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Like others, I don't think Brighton will get many more points at all.

However, I'm not sure we will either.

This City team always surprises me though. Take pretty much all of last season as an example, and Leicester, Southampton and Brighton away, plus Wolves and Fulham home this season. I didn't predict any of those wins.

Likewise, I didn't expect officials' blunders / incompetence / blatant cheating (take your pick) to stop us beating Chelsea at home, the same preventing a draw away at Everton or at home to Burnley.

We've therefore shown several times we can get unexpected wins.

What I'd give for 2 wins out of the next 2 matches!
    These 2 upcoming games are both difficult. Fulham will want to beat us for sure and have found some form, plus Sessignon is bound to score.

Palace are now renowned as one of the best away teams in the league; winning at Man C and Arsenal as examples. I don’t buy into this theory they’ll be happy to send BHA down. Their manager is too professional to allow it. A spot kick is almost a guarantee.

If BHA don’t gain another point then a win and draw will suffice. City don’t do draws!

Saturday is going to be so pivotal. Newcastle have got to turn up. City need to win as IMO I can’t see us beating Palace.

Maybe a point at OT is not too outlandish