+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ultra HD

Ultra HD

Not very ultra is it ? I sometimes think it looks better in normal view.

When they advertise it, the stills look stunning but I never notice anywhere near that quality in live play.

Just me ?

Re: Ultra HD

When they advertise it

are you watching "their UHD" on your "normal" TV?

Not going to show much different, is it?
    Unless they're showing a blurred pic to compare, but that would be dishonest - they wouldn't do that, would they/

Depends how big your TV is and how close you're sat to it. On a 50 inch day across the room there probably isn't a noticeable difference, but walk up to the screen and you will see that the picture doesn't distort like it usually would. The same would go for a bigger screen, maybe 60 or 65 inch where the picture is stretched, those extra does make a huge difference then

i remember way back when we had a black and white telly.Tomorrows world tried to show us what colour TV would look like, looked shite.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    i remember way back when we had a black and white telly.Tomorrows world tried to show us what colour TV would look like, looked shite.
    Didn't they also try to demonstrate "smelly vision" at one time?

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    ..how could they show you what colour tv looked like on a black and white tv?

I was thinking the same, did they describe it, see that medium light not quite white grey at the bottm that would be green and the very dark not quite black grey at the top that would be red and the medium grey in the middle that would be grey

For those watching the snooker on a black and white TV the pink is behind the blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Didn't they also try to demonstrate "smelly vision" at one time?
    Scratch n sniff card to be used at the appropriate time during a programme, if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    In the early 1950's my grandparents bought a plastic film to fit over the screen of a black and white TV to represent coloured pictures. The screen cover was shaded blue at the top and green on the bottom and was sold as being the future of TV. Things have moved on a lot since then.

I find it especially good on the nature programmes, but on most other programmes the difference seems minimal, and there really still arent that many programmes available in UHD.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    In the early 1950's my grandparents bought a plastic film to fit over the screen of a black and white TV to represent coloured pictures. The screen cover was shaded blue at the top and green on the bottom and was sold as being the future of TV. Things have moved on a lot since then.
    It probably worked great if every scene was set in a field.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    i really dont know what they were thinking...maybe it was an april fools.

International

The smelevision was deffo April 1st. I seem to remember they fried bacon and invited people to call in if the could smell it.