+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How many more points would we have if VAR had been in use this season???

How many more points would we have if VAR had been in use this season???

Obviously, Chelsea and Burnley and Watford immediately spring to mind, but do you think VAR would have helped us?

It's easy for referee's and linesmen to say they didn't see something and give the decision against us and any Warnock team, but with VAR they would at least see it, and then it could be subjective, but generally they would have to give the correct decision.

So do you think we would have more points now if VAR was already in place in the premier league, and do you think it would benefit us in the future?

Re: How many more points would we have if VAR had been in sue this season?

What’s the point of asking? Hypothetical.

Next season it will help the lesser clubs probably.

Re: How many more points would we have if VAR had been in use this season???

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    What’s the point of asking? Hypothetical.

Next season it will help the lesser clubs probably.
    I agree that it will help all sides outside the top 6. They will be the ones to suffer. Thats the end of 100pt Prem winners or even 90's probably

Quote Originally Posted by Watamistakatomaka View Post
    I agree that it will help all sides outside the top 6. They will be the ones to suffer. Thats the end of 100pt Prem winners or even 90's probably
    Same guy in the middle making the decision. I'm not sure too many decisions will be changed.

2 points less from Brighton at home.
    Early penalty for Chelsea when Gunn pulled their man down at a corner...no points less.

Depends if VAR officials do anything about holding and shirt pulling in the penalty box.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    2 points less from Brighton at home.
    Early penalty for Chelsea when Gunn pulled their man down at a corner...no points less.
    Come off it, my memories rubbish but through the season there have been loads against us and one for, why do people only remember the one in our favour?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    Come off it, my memories rubbish but through the season there have been loads against us and one for, why do people only remember the one in our favour?
    I mean why do people only remember Brighton home, there have been shed loads against us, I think we would have ten more points easily.

I mean why do people only remember Brighton home, there have been shed loads against us, I think we would have ten more points easily.
    10??

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Same guy in the middle making the decision. I'm not sure too many decisions will be changed.
    And who will be watching the VAR stream?
    big 6 will still be favoured, though more questions may be asked when fouls are overlooked and are obvious on replays.
    Might even lead to corruption charges against the refs and FA
    Oh look a pig flying overhead.

how biased can you be ffs

Arguably Huddersfield should have had a penalty against us which would have given them 3 points, and Brighton we all know about. So that's potentially 3 points less we could have.

If decisions had gone our way against Chelsea and Burnley and we won those games, that puts on +3.

Cant see where another 7 points could possibly come from?

FA to outsource VAR to Huawei, Chinese government official to make decisions, teams in Red to be favoured, Cardiff protest.

We might have drawn at Everton - good shout for a penalty for a foul on Cunningham. On the other hand, I think it's stretching things a bit to say that we would have beaten or drawn with Watford if a penalty gets given for that foul on Murphy.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    how biased can you be ffs
    Very biased !!!

But I still think that referees have a bias against us, maybe 10 is stretching it, 9 then

Obviously, Chelsea and Burnley and Watford immediately spring to mind, but do you think VAR would have helped us?

It's easy for referee's and linesmen to say they didn't see something and give the decision against us and any Warnock team, but with VAR they would at least see it, and then it could be subjective, but generally they would have to give the correct decision.

So do you think we would have more points now if VAR was already in place in the premier league, and do you think it would benefit us in the future?
    How you can ask the question without also asking how many less we might have.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    How you can ask the question without also asking how many less we might have.

It's just a question, I am assuming we have more decisions against us than for us thus we would have more points if VAR was already in place?

I find it strange that this thread follows on from a year, of people moaning on here about the performance of referees, we should have had a penalty, he should have been sent off, there goal was offside, then you pose a question like this and everyone says no it's fine, we had a decision at home to Brighton so it's equal

I am still looking for the threads saying, wow that referee was brilliant he gave us all the decisions, there may be some i've only got as far as 1979 so far

We would probably have had a clutch of penalties if the persistent fouling in the box - especially of Mozzer - was picked up. In that situation we are much more sinned against than sinning. Otherwise some of the bad big decisions balance themselves out - but not all.

So who knows, but yes we should have had a few more points if VAR had been in place.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    We would probably have had a clutch of penalties if the persistent fouling in the box - especially of Mozzer - was picked up. In that situation we are much more sinned against than sinning. Otherwise some of the bad big decisions balance themselves out - but not all.

So who knows, but yes we should have had a few more points if VAR had been in place.
    agreed

Everyone getting excited about VAR. However it's going to be a total farce.

Some decisions will be consistently overturned for some teams, others won't. It will make conspiracy theories even bigger as there will always be a way of disallowing a goal if someone is so desired.

Will Always be a way of getting a team a penalty etc......

I think we would have on balance gotten an extra 3 or 4 points

Although it’s wild speculation as the whole league table would be looking differently as many other decisions against other clubs would have also been changed.

Saying that I was listening to a This American Life podcast recently on the topic of officials ... whether they cheat or now... it is interesting that after some research they DID find unconscious biased in officials. Simply making officials aware of this helped with improving the decision making.

So VAR will help a bit but officials may still be crap