+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fulham's neutral end

Re: Fulham's neutral end

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    How many tickets have been given for the away end (official) ? I guess they sold quickly ?

I can see another Griffin Park lock out here , with traveling fans unable to get in, have Fulham considered this with this decision. I can`t see why they have done this , smacks of sour grapes, after all they are already relegated even though they spent 200 million or so.
    ...200?...it's going up daily

Can anyone explain to me the point of Fulham having a neutral end?
    Surely the Fulham fans could fill their ground with them being in the Premiership, and if they couldn't then there's quite a few away teams who would fill the section.
    How many fans does the neutral bit hold?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Doesn't sound legal. Have they ever done this before? For say Liverpool? Man U? Chelsea?
    Perfectly legal. They can allow/ disallow anyone they want to into their ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    I remember going to Cheltenham on a Sunday morning when we had been warned about no away fans allowed other than in the away end. Scott Young scored in the second minute and just about the whole bloody stand was celebrating. They turfed us all out and made us all go in the already overcrowded away end. I was on crutches as I'd pulled a fetlock the week before playing football and they offered me a seat in the disabled section which I told them where they could shove it.

And then with a crap view had to endure Grayson? Score a hat trick as we lost 3-1
    Remember that. Crammed in the away end. Remember losing and their striker being a cocky git but grayson doesn't ring a bell?

Is the neutral end different to the ‘mixed area’?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    Remember that. Crammed in the away end. Remember losing and their striker being a cocky git but grayson doesn't ring a bell?
    Neil Grayson. Bald fella.

The way my club have handled it is embarrassing, just done the same with Newcastle, I can’t see stewards throwing people out, yes don’t wear colors, it’s will be 70% away fans anyway

won't see many colours tomorrow...12 degrees...high winds and rain

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Perfectly legal. They can allow/ disallow anyone they want to into their ground.
    Are you sure about that? I understand the right to refuse entry to individuals, but excluding a large group of people because of their post code sounds discriminatory.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Are you sure about that? I understand the right to refuse entry to individuals, but excluding a large group of people because of their post code sounds discriminatory.
    On what grounds? The 9 Protected Characteristics for discrimination are -
    Gender Reassignment
    Marriage and Civil Partnership
    Pregnancy and Maternity
    Race
    Religion and Belief

Post Code isn't included unfortunately.

Some please correct me if I'm wrong, but arent the turnstiles for the away end and the neutral end in the same place? When you're through the turnstiles you are directly at the back of the stand and then there are entrances to each stairwell; neutral are the first few blocks and then the following stairways are for away fans.

It seems incredibly difficult to police!

Gender Reassignment
    Pregnancy and Maternity
    Race
    Religion and Belief

I score 7 out of 9, is that any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I score 7 out of 9, is that any good?
    We have a winner.

Tickets are on their way .....

Gender Reassignment
    Pregnancy and Maternity
    Race
    Religion and Belief

An Asian old transgender Catholic with a limp may have half a chance by the looks!

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Some please correct me if I'm wrong, but arent the turnstiles for the away end and the neutral end in the same place? When you're through the turnstiles you are directly at the back of the stand and then there are entrances to each stairwell; neutral are the first few blocks and then the following stairways are for away fans.

It seems incredibly difficult to police!
    Stewards. Thousands of them. And they all want to see your ticket.

Need to take a leaf out of those climate protesters and super glue yourselves to your seat.

I can see this causing a lot more ructions than if they just allowed city fans in the privileged neutral area.

No ones looking to start trouble at a club we have absolutely no issue with, but I can see tempers flair by letting some in and not others

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Need to take a leaf out of those climate protesters and super glue yourselves to your seat.
    We have been stuck in our seats all season, don’t need any glue

Gender Reassignment
    Pregnancy and Maternity
    Race
    Religion and Belief

I'm claiming racial bias. I think I have a good case.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Stewards. Thousands of them. And they all want to see your ticket.
    I'm going to contrsdict myself now. Today....just walked in. Could have gone anywhere. As it was, a poor result. Still, mathematically, we aren't down yet.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    I'm going to contrsdict myself now. Today....just walked in. Could have gone anywhere. As it was, a poor result. Still, mathematically, we aren't down yet.
    Chaos in there today, 2 per seat where I was, aisles full, concourse area rammed. Stewards hopeless , when the away section was full they still tried to send us to areas with no seats, 10 minutes later they opened up the block next to us.

After all that fuss about cancelling tickets etc... waste of time and effort

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Chaos in there today, 2 per seat where I was, aisles full, concourse area rammed. Stewards hopeless , when the away section was full they still tried to send us to areas with no seats, 10 minutes later they opened up the block next to us.

After all that fuss about cancelling tickets etc... waste of time and effort
    Didn't go today but watched the game on NBC. Couldn't understand why a whole block was needed for segregation.

Didn't go today but watched the game on NBC. Couldn't understand why a whole block was needed for segregation.
    Shambles

And especially as they knew the next block was predominately Cardiff fans as we were all stood up singing all game

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    And especially as they knew the next block was predominately Cardiff fans as we were all stood up singing all game
    Did you get a half and half scarf mate 😂