+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fulham's neutral end

Fulham's neutral end

Anybody on here have tickets for the neutral end on saturday? I have and i'm getting very nervous of the prospect of being denied entry according the the rumours flying around this week...

Obviously not wearing Cardiff colours, but with the potientially high amount of city fans in that area, i wonder what fulham will do?

Re: Fulham's neutral end

I've seen this story this week. Seems bizarre. Sold a load of tickets to city fans for £50 a pop then 3 days before the game announce all tickets with a CF postcode will be cancelled and refunded- and anyone supporting city in the neutral end will be ejected.

Doesn't sound that neutral does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    I've seen this story this week. Seems bizarre. Sold a load of tickets to city fans for £50 a pop then 3 days before the game announce all tickets with a CF postcode will be cancelled and refunded- and anyone supporting city in the neutral end will be ejected.

Guess the argument is the end is neutral - ie, people who don't support either club.

Doubt they'll risk bother by refusing people entry. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Guess the argument is the end is neutral - ie, people who don't support either club.

Is there much call for people forking out just for the sake of watching football? Following your own team is expensive enough. Also, I'd be annoyed if I was one of the many who couldn't tickets to see my team just because someone fancies watching a game of football.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post

You've obviously haven't encountered Fulham's stewards before !!!!!!

Some of the worst in the country, for denying entry to the ground and don't dare let them see you hand a ticket to your mate, they'll accuse you of touting and confiscate the ticket

I know someone who has had a ticket cancelled. I have some family members living in London who have tickets in the Neutral end, they won't be wearing colours and will be keeping their celebrations (if we score) to a minimum.

They clearly realise there's a lot riding on this for us, and have decided they don't want the whole of the stand to be City fans, raising the atmosphere for the away side.

I think there maybe a few City fans in there who have not used CF postcodes.......(cough)

If it’s the neutral end, what bother are the city fans going to encounter?

Why didn’t they just give us the full stand

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    If it’s the neutral end, what bother are the city fans going to encounter?

Why didn’t they just give us the full stand
    See my post above.

Kin hell....welcome to Russia.....

Just wear A Chelsea top - that'll fool them....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Kin hell....welcome to Russia.....
    What I can't work out is the sudden change. They've been selling tickets to city fans for weeks and 3 days before the game they announce this. Every week on motd you see away fans in the neutral end.

What I can't work out is the sudden change. They've been selling tickets to city fans for weeks and 3 days before the game they announce this. Every week on motd you see away fans in the neutral end.
    It has said for weeks on their website that if you buy a ticket in the neutral end and have a CF ticket that they will cancel it.
    It has been mentioned in previous threads on here

The Putney End incorporates both the official visiting supporters seating and also our Mixed area, which is available for fans of any team to use. The official visiting supporters allocation of tickets is always sold directly through the visiting team. Ticket sales in the Mixed Area are handled directly by Fulham FC and for higher profile games restrictions may sometimes apply.
    http://www.fulhamfc.com/help/faq/visiting-the-cottage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You've obviously haven't encountered Fulham's stewards before !!!!!!

Some of the worst in the country, for denying entry to the ground and don't dare let them see you hand a ticket to your mate, they'll accuse you of touting and confiscate the ticket
    Ah....Fulham's stewards. Along with Bolton's, hold the miserable xxxx's award for being pedantic and really don't like our liberal attitude to who goes where. I missed a goal there once as the stewards laboriosly checked every ticket belonging to anyone who went under the stands at half time. It was a Fulham goal though.

I remember going to Cheltenham on a Sunday morning when we had been warned about no away fans allowed other than in the away end. Scott Young scored in the second minute and just about the whole bloody stand was celebrating. They turfed us all out and made us all go in the already overcrowded away end. I was on crutches as I'd pulled a fetlock the week before playing football and they offered me a seat in the disabled section which I told them where they could shove it.

And then with a crap view had to endure Grayson? Score a hat trick as we lost 3-1

If they have sold say 500/1000 tickets already to city fans already then they will have a monster problem trying to deny them entry Saturday. I foresee serious bother. Powers that be having another go at Cardiff city to try and keep us down.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    I remember going to Cheltenham on a Sunday morning when we had been warned about no away fans allowed other than in the away end. Scott Young scored in the second minute and just about the whole bloody stand was celebrating. They turfed us all out and made us all go in the already overcrowded away end. I was on crutches as I'd pulled a fetlock the week before playing football and they offered me a seat in the disabled section which I told them where they could shove it.

And then with a crap view had to endure Grayson? Score a hat trick as we lost 3-1
    I was at that game, right at the front. We had been giving him pelters. When he scored he ran right infront of us cupping his ear. Thems were the days. Away days like that were great fun.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    If they have sold say 500/1000 tickets already to city fans already then they will have a monster problem trying to deny them entry Saturday. I foresee serious bother. Powers that be having another go at Cardiff city to try and keep us down.....
    How many tickets have been given for the away end (official) ? I guess they sold quickly ?

I can see another Griffin Park lock out here , with traveling fans unable to get in, have Fulham considered this with this decision. I can`t see why they have done this , smacks of sour grapes, after all they are already relegated even though they spent 200 million or so.

Doesn't sound legal. Have they ever done this before? For say Liverpool? Man U? Chelsea?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Doesn't sound legal. Have they ever done this before? For say Liverpool? Man U? Chelsea?
    They've also done it for their game v Newcastle in a couple of weeks time.

There is sooooo much riding on this match it's scary

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post

Didn't the relocation involve being led out of the ground and then back in? Quite a leap of faith but it was rewarded.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It’s deemed okay for the big boys and other London clubs