+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Will Tank Be There Tomorrow?

Will Tank Be There Tomorrow?

December 1968 we get in the ground early and plant ourselves on the Hammersmith End, the Fulham fans on there keep telling us ‘Wait until Tank gets here, he’ll get you off here’ , he never did, we never did. Fulham take the lead to a chorus of ‘ Fulham 1 Cardiff 0 hallelujah’, how we loved going through the score to them after that, all the way up to ‘Fulham 1 Cardiff 5 hallelujah’. A repeat of that day tomorrow would be just the ticket but will Tank turn up eventually or is he now a steward in the neutral section?

Re: Will Tank Be There Tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    December 1968 we get in the ground early and plant ourselves on the Hammersmith End, the Fulham fans on there keep telling us ‘Wait until Tank gets here, he’ll get you off here’ , he never did, we never did. Fulham take the lead to a chorus of ‘ Fulham 1 Cardiff 0 hallelujah’, how we loved going through the score to them after that, all the way up to ‘Fulham 1 Cardiff 5 hallelujah’. A repeat of that day tomorrow would be just the ticket but will Tank turn up eventually or is he now a steward in the neutral section?
    Tank is still with Johnny the Brains and co trying to find their way back from Notts County.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Tank is still with Johnny the Brains and co trying to find their way back from Notts County.
    Nah, this Tank spent his whole career as a Cottager......oooer 🤪

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Still wearing his best Praaaaada?

One of the rare bright moments in the wastelands of the mid 1990s was uspounding Paul Parker’s Fulham. Jason Fowler gve then a lesson in football and we spanked them 4-1 on sky. It was bloody brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    One of the rare bright moments in the wastelands of the mid 1990s was uspounding Paul Parker’s Fulham. Jason Fowler gve then a lesson in football and we spanked them 4-1 on sky. It was bloody brilliant
    Friday night i think? I'm sure that Gareth Stoker made his debut along with a bloke named Paul Ware? I think Simon Howarth got the fourth goal for us. That was a great night.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Friday night i think? I'm sure that Gareth Stoker made his debut along with a bloke named Paul Ware? I think Simon Howarth got the fourth goal for us. That was a great night.
    Yes, was a Friday night game on sky. Fowler, ekhardt and white all scored. Not sure who got the other. You may be right. I think it was 1-0 at half time and the sky cameras filmed a few Fulham fans at half time who were pretty confident they would turn it around. Nope. We smashed them and it was awesome

I may be mis-remembering some or all of the above but that is fine and I don’t give a shit. What matters is that we murdered them and everyone remembers it and hopefully we will do the same this weekend.

Yes, was a Friday night game on sky. Fowler, ekhardt and white all scored. Not sure who got the other. You may be right. I think it was 1-0 at half time and the sky cameras filmed a few Fulham fans at half time who were pretty confident they would turn it around. Nope. We smashed them and it was awesome

I may be mis-remembering some or all of the above but that is fine and I don’t give a shit. What matters is that we murdered them and everyone remembers it and hopefully we will do the same this weekend.
    The end credits on Sky showed our goals and the backdrop music was Motorcycle emptiness by the manics. I thought this is it, we've arrived!

Recall watching that on some pub in Roath as I didn’t then have Sky. Marvellous

Watched it up the Culver when it was still a proper pub.
    The landlady threatened to turn it off and stop serving us if we didn't keep the celebrations down a bit.

The end credits on Sky showed our goals and the backdrop music was Motorcycle emptiness by the manics. I thought this is it, we've arrived!
    I was right, Eckhardt did score, but at the wrong end. Source: Jeff Eckhardt https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/o...28/memory-lane

Proper player. This is nostalgia speaking, but if he was available I’d play him tomorrow.

I was right, Eckhardt did score, but at the wrong end. Source: Jeff Eckhardt https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/o...28/memory-lane

Proper player. This is nostalgia speaking, but if he was available I’d play him tomorrow.
    Yup, he was decent and could play in attack and defence, i think that he's a tiler now and that he settled in South Wales.

Yup, he was decent and could play in attack and defence, i think that he's a tiler now and that he settled in South Wales.
    We had a season where it felt like we drew every game and I swear he scored a hat-trick in a 3-3 draw. Exeter?

I was at the opposite end of the ground watching that, I can still remember the City fans singing "we have taken over". That was my first ever away game at the age of twelve, my rugby loving uncle took me as an early Christmas present and I remember a panicky train journey up to London in the fog as I was convinced that, with the ground so close to the river, the match would be called off, then I had to take over the arranging of our tube journey from Paddington to Putney because my uncle cocked it up and finally I insisted that we get in the ground by something like 1.15 which meant my uncle could tut, tut to his heart's content at the "hooliganism" he was watching from over a hundred yards away - for some reason, he never offered to take me to an away game again .

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was at the opposite end of the ground watching that, I can still remember the City fans singing "we have taken over". That was my first ever away game at the age of twelve, my rugby loving uncle took me as an early Christmas present and I remember a panicky train journey up to London in the fog as I was convinced that, with the ground so close to the river, the match would be called off, then I had to take over the arranging of our tube journey from Paddington to Putney because my uncle cocked it up and finally I insisted that we get in the ground by something like 1.15 which meant my uncle could tut, tut to his heart's content at the "hooliganism" he was watching from over a hundred yards away - for some reason, he never offered to take me to an away game again .
    Brilliant Paul👍 I’m on my way now, hoping to be on the Hammersmith End by noon😂😂😂😂😂

Haha. Fantastic.

Was there too that day. Echo's excellent headline was, "City Sizzle and Batter Fulham," whilst Don Murray did a horrific studs-up challenge down Vic Hallom's shin.

StT.
    <><

One of my earliest memories of City or at least one of the earliest matches I remember most about.