Same Old

1. Sit back
    2. Goal down
    3. Start playing
    4. Run out of time

Re: Same Old

Repeat.

leeds swansea bristol fulham ... always look on the bright side of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    1. Sit back
    2. Goal down
    3. Start playing
    4. Run out of time
    What do you think would happen if we had been a little more expansive, leaving space and taking a few risks in order to get the result? Serious question.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    leeds swansea bristol fulham ... always look on the bright side of life.
    I'm not complaining, just pointing out Warnock's Achilles heel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    What do you think would happen if we had been a little more expansive, leaving space and taking a few risks in order to get the result? Serious question.
    More chance of winning instead of more chance of losing.

anything better than what we just saw? it isn't october anymore, we can't afford to hang back and nick a 0-0 away from home.

I'm not complaining, just pointing out Warnock's Achilles heel.
    We were nailed on to go down and we did.need a real clear out now and after that performance i think its time for warnock to retire as well.
    Dreadful selection today.

More chance of winning instead of more chance of losing.
    Do you think? If that's the case then why haven't we employed those tactics all season? In my opinion it's because Warnock knows that he doesn't possess the payers good enough or mobile enough to play like that, hence the reason why we play with one man upfront who's offered zero support and our midfield players are most in the final third during set pieces and not open play. I was an advocate initially for us being more creative and taking risks, i changed my mind though when i came to the conclusion that the players we have couldn't cope with that style. I don't think that it's all the players fault though, it's Warnock and his tactics, for players who like to play in the right areas it must be incredibly frustrating. I don't rate Camarasa like so do on here but the poor bastard looks dejected at times while he's on the pitch.

Do you think? If that's the case then why haven't we employed those tactics all season? In my opinion it's because Warnock knows that he doesn't possess the payers good enough or mobile enough to play like that, hence the reason why we play with one man upfront who's offered zero support and our midfield players are most in the final third during set pieces and not open play. I was an advocate initially for us being more creative and taking risks, i changed my mind though when i came to the conclusion that the players we have couldn't cope with that style. I don't think that it's all the players fault though, it's Warnock and his tactics, for players who like to play in the right areas it must be incredibly frustrating. I don't rate Camarasa like so do on here but the poor bastard looks dejected at times while he's on the pitch.
    I'd agree with most of that. For me though at about 55-60 at the latest we needed to push. We were happy for the point which I don't think would have been enough.

Might have won, the way they played today was for 86 mins as if there was no chance of relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I'd agree with most of that. For me though at about 55-60 at the latest we needed to push. We were happy for the point which I don't think would have been enough.
    I agree, although i think that we'd have conceded again, Warnocks salvation is to stop the other team from scoring and then hope that we get half a chance. It's pretty basic. I really believe that there's a danger that Warnock can make players worse, unless they're a goalkeeper or central defender.

The eighteen we fielded today could well have proved Chris Sutton right and ended up with less than eleven points if they had been used all season- it was dreadfully weak by Premier League standards. I think we must be realistic and say that we were never going to win today with an eighteen like that.

How come we were all over them in the last 10 minutes? This negates your observation, which has probably been formed on the basis of us sitting back in games for prolonged periods, where we don't support the front players. Any team is going to look shit as an attacking force if they played like this.

How come we were all over them in the last 10 minutes? This negates your observation, which has probably been formed on the basis of us sitting back in games for prolonged periods, where we don't support the front player. Any team is going to look shit if they play like this.
    Simple, The dynamics of the game had changed, Fulham had something to hold on to, we were desperate and there were 10 minutes left. Fulham were sitting in and we decided to take some risks, because we were forced into doing so. I'll reverse the question, why wasn't the game played like that in the first ten minutes?

Watching Niasse in the first half especially he just seemed scared to shoot. Always looking to offload the ball rather than have a shot. I've liked his work rate since he arrived but if you're a striker just shoot every now and then.

Simple, The dynamics of the game had changed, Fulham had something to hold on to, we were desperate and there were 10 minutes left. Fulham were sitting in and we decided to take some risks, because we were forced into doing so. I'll reverse the question, why wasn't the game played like that in the first ten minutes?
    The dynamics changed? Fulham were hardly a threat all game! We just sat back until they finally scored.

It’s not as black and white as you’re making out. Yes we were not going to throw men forward first 10 minutes like we did last 10, but neither should we have waited as long as we did before releasing the shackles.

We were playing Fulham and we needed a win. If we were too scared to have a go because of fear we would get picked off then we don’t deserve to be in this league.

fulham were awful all match aside from the Mitrovic chance. I honestly can't believe you're defending Neil's decision to sit back for 85 minutes

The dynamics changed? Fulham were hardly a threat all game!
    They were 1-0 up with ten minutes to go and we were-are staring at relegation. I'd say that the dynamics had shifted. Do you think that we should have been playing in a more expansive way ten games ago? We've played like that pretty much all season and that's down to the manager. I can't recall many on here being overly critical of the tactics over the last 35 games or whatever it is, or certainly against teams where we had a chance of a result. I find it rather apt that we get to a situation like today and people are questioning the tactics when they've been pretty much the same since the first day of the season, there has been the odd game where we've been a little more adventurous, but on the whole we haven't. I don't know what people were expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It’s not as black and white as you’re making out. Yes we were not going to throw men forward first 10 minutes like we did last 10, but neither should we have waited as long as we did before releasing the shackles.

We were playing Fulham and we needed a win. If we were too scared to have a go because of fear we would get picked off then we don’t deserve to be in this league.
    When do we ever 'release the shackles' for a sustained period?

Fulham have a dreadful defense so you need to stretch it not sit back and let their 2 best midfielders Babel and Cainey the freedom of the park. there were times when Mendez, Camarsa and Niasse were just walking back while Fulham pushed forward. Naisse shouldnt play again, Ward works so much harder and Reid should play up with him.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

We could and should have won that game with a bit of positivity. It was pathetic watching Niasse and Camarasa lose possession because no other players (including themselves) could be arsed to support them. In the space of a few minutes Niasse failed to support Camarasa, who then repaid the compliment and watched Niasse lose possession.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    fulham were awful all match aside from the Mitrovic chance. I honestly can't believe you're defending Neil's decision to sit back for 85 minutes
    I'm not defending him, i'm one of his biggest critics, i've been having a go at his tactics all season, and last season. I'm just astonished at people seemingly thinking that what he has built this side on was suddenly going to change today. Naive at best.

We could and should have won that game with a bit of positivity. It was pathetic watching Niasse and Camarasa lose possession because no other players (including themselves) could be arsed to support them. In the space of a few minutes Niasse failed to support Camarasa, who then repaid the compliment and watched Niasse lose possession.
    It's been happening all season.