+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last 5 Minutes

Last 5 Minutes

If only we had shown the urgency for the 90 minutes as we did in the last 5 minutes, we would have breezed that match. My other observation is that Niasse is a waste of a shirt, I think he is very poor, even though he did actually control the ball once today. Ward did more in his 20 mins than Niasse has done in his 13 games.

Re: Last 5 Minutes

Why doesn't he play Bobby Reid, we were much more likely to score when he came on

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    If only we had shown the urgency for the 90 minutes as we did in the last 5 minutes, we would have breezed that match. My other observation is that Niasse is a waste of a shirt, I think he is very poor, even though he did actually control the ball once today. Ward did more in his 20 mins than Niasse has done in his 13 games.
    Maybe Fulham outplayed us, forcing us into a more defensive mentality?

They brought on a few defensive subs at the end and sat back.

Had we gone all out we may well have found ourselves 3-0 down instead of 1-0...especially with Niasse’s goal scoring prowess.

I cant believe so many were selecting Niasse in our team for today.

A disaster of a loan signing.

We were/are too one dimensional, using Morrison ALL the time for the high balls in to the area, long balls up to Niasse for it to bounce off his shin and end with the opposition. Fulham have a few real quality players and hugely out played us for 85 minutes, but we had it within the team to win that, if the tactics and team were tinkered a bit. I love having NW as a manager but his loyalty toward Niasse has baffled me, unless there is some sort of clause in his contract, yes he is fast, yes he's a great target man but i think that's the limitation of his game.

We were/are too one dimensional, using Morrison ALL the time for the high balls in to the area, long balls up to Niasse for it to bounce off his shin and end with the opposition. Fulham have a few real quality players and hugely out played us for 85 minutes, but we had it within the team to win that, if the tactics and team were tinkered a bit. I love having NW as a manager but his loyalty toward Niasse has baffled me, unless there is some sort of clause in his contract, yes he is fast, yes he's a great target man but i think that's the limitation of his game.
    Niasse isnt that fast. Zohore is much faster. Hes not a great target man either.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

Had we gone all out we may well have found ourselves 3-0 down instead of 1-0...especially with Niasse’s goal scoring prowess.
    at this point of the season it doesn't matter whether we lose 10-0 or 1-0, our GD is shot to bits and we need to win. Fulham are relegated and have the worst defence in the league, if we're too scared to go at them then we will enjoy a bottom half finish in the championship next year

Niasse was shocking and we left it far too late to start pushing for a goal.

Also struggling to understand how Healey comes on ahead of Bobby Reid.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

Or we could have had an early goal and a platform on which to build.

No reason to play niasse in our last 2. Even if he had scored a few we have to give a look at players who will be here next season.

Niasse is pathetic.

Bobby Reid not getting a game is criminal. Deserve to go down after that tbh.

Reid and Ward up front against Palace send Niasse home now.

What is it about football managers in general, eh? They can be so stubbornly annoying; everyone has been calling for Bobby Reid to start but it seems our manager can't see it. It's almost as if they (managers) want to fly in the face of popular opinion, just to show that they're not being influenced by the supporters.

Not being pedantic but has Niasse actually had a shot on goal in the 13 games he has played for us ?

‘Hugely outplayed us for 85 min’?!

That just is plainly incorrect.

I agree that it shouldn’t have taken for us to concede before we really started pressing, and Ward was an upgrade on Niasse, but Fulham at no point outplayed us. They play more football than we do but didn’t our play us.

If we’d taken one of the half chances in the first half when NML and Niasse didn’t get their shots away it could have been different.

But Fulham were nothing special and needed a fantastic goal to win the game.

Not being pedantic but has Niasse actually had a shot on goal in the 13 games he has played for us ?
    Yeah one saved against West Ham and Camarasa followed up and cleared off the line.
    However most of his shots have been closer to hitting me in 107 than the target.
    That’s if he shoots that is.

Why the **** doesn’t he play Reid. When we first signed Niasse he played well off him, then just dropped him.

Some very odd substitutions. And he always leaves them late. So frustrating. How didn’t we score at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    ‘Hugely outplayed us for 85 min’?!

That just is plainly incorrect.

I agree that it shouldn’t have taken for us to concede before we really started pressing, and Ward was an upgrade on Niasse, but Fulham at no point outplayed us. They play more football than we do but didn’t our play us.

If we’d taken one of the half chances in the first half when NML and Niasse didn’t get their shots away it could have been different.

But Fulham were nothing special and needed a fantastic goal to win the game.
    I disagree, the game meant diddly squat to Fulham, we needed to hit the ground running, a poor team selection along with the one dimensional predictable tactics made Fulham look in control for large periods of the game if their finishing and close quarter play around the box and from their numerous set pieces was more polished they could have beaten us by two or three.

Camerasa really struggled today, so when he came off it was the ideal chance to see Reid play as no 10.
    Then he brings Rhys Healey on, who imho is a league 1 probably 2 player.

Gutted today because it was there for the taking

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Camerasa really struggled today, so when he came off it was the ideal chance to see Reid play as no 10.

I thought Vic was poor, as he was against Liverpool.

I thought Vic was poor, as he was against Liverpool.
    Gunnar injured again, Camerasa carrying a knock by the looks of it, struggling for s midfield for next week

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

Agree with that.

Was Camarasa injured as, despite not having a particularly good game, when you need a goal, he is the sort of player who might conjure something up?

Healy certainly was the correct person to replace him as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Agree with that.

Was Camarasa injured as, despite not having a particularly good game, when you need a goal, he is the sort of player who might conjure something up?

Healy certainly was the correct person to replace him as you say.
    He looked as if he was struggling to me, way off the pace .. so I assumed he was injured

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    at this point of the season it doesn't matter whether we lose 10-0 or 1-0, our GD is shot to bits and we need to win. Fulham are relegated and have the worst defence in the league, if we're too scared to go at them then we will enjoy a bottom half finish in the championship next year
    You are probably right re. having a more attacking mentality. However, you can’t look at the last 5 minutes and times that by 18 and think we would have created 18 times more chances.

Had Bobby Reid started and done feck all and Niasse come on for the last five and not scored either ( Reid fluffed his chance btw) when Fulham DECIDED to defend their lead ( which is obviously going to mean we’d have more play in their half), you’d probably be complaining that they should’ve taken Reid off earlier.

The tactics might have been crap but maybe we just don’t have the personnel to get the job done.

Camarasa hasn’t looked like he’s fancied it since that injury that wasn’t an injury kept him out for some crunch games