+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Last 5 Minutes

Re: Last 5 Minutes

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Camarasa hasn’t looked like he’s fancied it since that injury that wasn’t an injury kept him out for some crunch games
    I think that's harsh. He's played pretty well since coming back from the injury until the last couple of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    What is it about football managers in general, eh? They can be so stubbornly annoying; everyone has been calling for Bobby Reid to start but it seems our manager can't see it. It's almost as if they (managers) want to fly in the face of popular opinion, just to show that they're not being influenced by the supporters.
    He obviously doesn't fancy him either as a player or his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    What is it about football managers in general, eh? They can be so stubbornly annoying; everyone has been calling for Bobby Reid to start but it seems our manager can't see it. It's almost as if they (managers) want to fly in the face of popular opinion, just to show that they're not being influenced by the supporters.
    On the other hand though, whilst I would have preferred that Warnock brought Reid on instead of Healey (but not for Camarasa!) Reid has been a huge disappointment this season conceding possession way too easily and just being knocked off the ball all too frequently.

When he did break free of the Fulham defence today he cut back onto his right foot instead of taking on the shot and the chance was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    On the other hand though, whilst I would have preferred that Warnock brought Reid on instead of Healey (but not for Camarasa!) Reid has been a huge disappointment this season conceding possession way too easily and just being knocked off the ball all too frequently.

When he did break free of the Fulham defence today he cut back onto his right foot instead of taking on the shot and the chance was gone.
    Warnock keeps on buying number tens and still believing that he doesn't have the sort of squad with which he can play them. Decordova-Reid has had his frustrating games, but, then again, so has everyone of our players this season - I don't see how anyone can say he has had a fair crack of the whip when you compare how he has been treated with some of those (e.g. Hoilett, Morrison, Niasse) who have been there nearly every time when fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

My feeling is that Reid is trying TOO hard in the limited game time he gets. He's trying to do things 100mph and force things to happen.
    If he felt that he'd get the same leeway afforded to the likes of Hoilett and Niasse (unbeliveably!) and that he could have a run of games he'd benefit hugely from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Niasse isnt that fast. Zohore is much faster. Hes not a great target man either.
    Agreed. Niasse does work hard ( first half anyway), and confuses defenders with his shin control, but he’s not particularly fast ( Zohore is quicker) or good in the air ( Ward is far better) or skilful.. both are better.

As for Reid, I can understand why he’s not used up front and he struggles as the final man with the way we play, but he’s an excellent no 10 and when Camerasa was struggling it was made for him.

Warnock’s decision to replace him with Healey cost us at least a point imho

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Agreed. Niasse does work hard ( first half anyway), and confuses defenders with his shin control, but he’s not particularly fast ( Zohore is quicker) or good in the air ( Ward is far better) or skilful.. both are better.

As for Reid, I can understand why he’s not used up front and he struggles as the final man with the way we play, but he’s an excellent no 10 and when Camerasa was struggling it was made for him.

Warnock’s decision to replace him with Healey cost us at least a point imho
    I couldn't believe it when Healey came on for Camarasa. Its not even like we then went with 2 up top as Healey played a lot in midfield

If we are desperate for a goal and we've already used the other subs then Healey for a more defensive player makes some sense, but to bring him on in the manner he did yesterday was baffling