+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bye Neil, happy retirement

Bye Neil, happy retirement

now go and retire and take your dreary football with you, got it so wrong today sadly

Re: Bye Neil, happy retirement

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    now go and retire and take your dreary football with you, got it so wrong today sadly
    Yes. We need a rethink in a number of areas if we have ambitions to get back to this level and compete.

I think now would be a good time for him to move upstairs and just have a cushty number and we start looking to the future I don’t believe the side we’ll have left will be good enough to challenge next season and think this is the perfect opportunity to start afresh next season. We had to be brave today and what we saw was an utter disgrace for 80 mins

Given our budget he's probably our best chance of even a stable season.

I hope he stays. Best thing to happen to our club and he's still building. Things have gone against us but you can't blame Warnock for one turgid performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    I hope he stays. Best thing to happen to our club and he's still building. Things have gone against us but you can't blame Warnock for one turgid performance.
    It’s not just one though

Yes you can! It was a must win game and he went for 0-0 hoping for a goal at the death to win it. That’s 1970’s management.

Go all out to get Jokanovic

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Go all out to get Jankovic
    get him in and give him 3 years to bed in his style of play. hit and hope just won't cut it anymore

is it just one turgid performance though?

I disagree that he's still building, his philosophy is geared up for the short term, he doesn't leave a legacy at any of the clubs he manages. There is no playing style foundation being put in place.

Danny Cowley.

He's lower league, he'll be cheap so Tan'll like it. It'll be like the Slade hire.

why wait 90 mins before hitting top gear? he was responsible for players and game plan and it wasn't exactly aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    Yes you can! It was a must win game and he went for 0-0 hoping for a goal at the death to win it. That’s 1970’s management.
    To be fair that is what got us automatic promotion, we knew what we are signing up for.
    A poor game today yes, however when the emotions settle, I will still want him next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Given our budget he's probably our best chance of even a stable season.
    I don’t get why our budget is so small. The premier league and mistakes made were six years ago. Yeah it pushed us back a few years ago but that should all be long gone now. What is going on that we still have to spend such little amounts every season?

Warnock got it stupidly wrong today, feels like 18 months of good work chucked away

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    is it just one turgid performance though?

I disagree that he's still building, his philosophy is geared up for the short term, he doesn't leave a legacy at any of the clubs he manages. There is no playing style foundation being put in place.
    Exactly and, to be fair to him, he has always said that he only thinks in the short term at his age.

It seems a good time to think of a change of direction now, but there is a risk involved because, although his style of football grates with me, it has to be accepted that Warnock is very good at some aspects of the manager's job and we'd struggle to get someone as good as him in those.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    To be fair that is what got us automatic promotion, we knew what we are signing up for.
    A poor game today yes, however when the emotions settle, I will still want him next year.
    Well I’d rather something more attacking and skilful football and enjoy the games more. Cardiff City tv put out old games under Jones which had some breathtaking football from our attacking players. Poor defence but give me that every day over Warnockball

Looks like this debate will run and run...

I think hes got some explaining to do as to why is 10m summer signing is left on the bench till the dieing mins.

You cant take away his achievements since he came here and i reckon with him we are nailed on play offs next season.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    I don’t get why our budget is so small. The premier league and mistakes made were six years ago. Yeah it pushed us back a few years ago but that should all be long gone now. What is going on that we still have to spend such little amounts every season?

Warnock got it stupidly wrong today, feels like 18 months of good work chucked away
    I'm not convinced our budget is that small - if you include the Sala fee, we've spent in the region of 50 million quid in transfer fees since 1 January 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm not convinced our budget is that small - if you include the Sala fee, we've spent in the region of 50 million quid in transfer fees since 1 January 2018.
    That is the biggest concern for me.

Reid - 11 mil - never used
    Murphy - 11 mil - been poor
    Maxine - 6 mil - garbage

Every time we spend money atm they tend to be kept out the team by workers or freebies

However big our budget was NONE of our summer signings were regulars.

The bench today and Reid is even behind Healy.

Our business in the summer for PL survival has been shocking.

However if the likes of Reid Murphy Cunningham Smithies lead us to promotion then the long term plan has worked

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

However if the likes of Reid Murphy Cunningham Smithies lead us to promotion then the long term plan has worked
    And what happens then? But can’t see it happening without serious quality player injection.

A defensive minded team just won’t succeed in the championship- need goals and lots of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Warnock brought in some excellent free transfers signings when he was appointed, but has there been one good buy when he is given money to spend? I can't think of one off the top of my head, there's certainly not been anyone as good as Bamba and Hoilett.

Warnock brought in some excellent free transfers signings when he was appointed, but has there been one good buy when he is given money to spend? I can't think of one off the top of my head, there's certainly not been anyone as good as Bamba and Hoilett.
    We spent a bit of money on Paterson.

Two of the clubs that came up with us spent £100m last summer alone. Some £50m in THREE transfer windows is nowhere near enough to make a success of PL survival though, Paul.

The paucity of today's play for 75 mins in a game we needed to win, with Reid not coming on until 87 mins, was remarkable.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We spent a bit of money on Paterson.
    Yes, I forgot about him. Paterson has been a good signing, but we only paid a small amount of compensation for him, he was a Bosman free transfer, Warnock's record is very poor for "normal" signings.