+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bye Neil, happy retirement

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bye Neil, happy retirement

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    I don’t get why our budget is so small. The premier league and mistakes made were six years ago. Yeah it pushed us back a few years ago but that should all be long gone now. What is going on that we still have to spend such little amounts every season?

Warnock got it stupidly wrong today, feels like 18 months of good work chucked away
    I'm not convinced our budget is that small - if you include the Sala fee, we've spent in the region of 50 million quid in transfer fees since 1 January 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm not convinced our budget is that small - if you include the Sala fee, we've spent in the region of 50 million quid in transfer fees since 1 January 2018.
    Two of the clubs that came up with us spent £100m last summer alone. Some £50m in THREE transfer windows is nowhere near enough to make a success of PL survival though, Paul.

The paucity of today's play for 75 mins in a game we needed to win, with Reid not coming on until 87 mins, was remarkable.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Two of the clubs that came up with us spent £100m last summer alone. Some £50m in THREE transfer windows is nowhere near enough to make a success of PL survival though, Paul.

The paucity of today's play for 75 mins in a game we needed to win, with Reid not coming on until 87 mins, was remarkable.

StT.
    <><
    Huddersfield spent less and stayed up last season Steve - we can argue about whether we should have spent more, but the money we did have to buy players with was spent poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Huddersfield spent less and stayed up last season Steve - we can argue about whether we should have spent more, but the money we did have to buy players with was spent poorly.
    Yes, Paul, we can discuss it until the cows come home. Money has been wasted on players who are nowhere near playing which is galling. However, for a team coming up to the PL I think you need to spend between £50-70m on players of PL standard which Huddersfield did and paid double our wage cap. A summer spend of £28m (only on Championship players) due to a cap of £30k/wk wages will never bring another season in the PL.

However, I'm not a fan of the rarified air of the top tier and won't miss it.

Hope to see you on MaYA soon.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post

StT.
    <><
    And where is one of those teams that spent £100m ? Yes thats right, below us and already relegated !!