+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock same old story "We couldn't have scored if we carried on till Christmas."

Warnock same old story "We couldn't have scored if we carried on till Christmas."

Cardiff manager Neil Warnock: "I am disappointed but could not have asked anymore of them. We couldn't have scored if we carried on till Christmas.

"The luck has been against us. On reflection my team selection was wrong, but you can't fault the lads. Who is to stay we are not still in the fight?

"You see the chances, we should score some of those chances. You pay for your finishers in this league, we have never been blessed with that, Emiliano Sala would have been that and that was a big blow."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47994862

Re: Warnock same old story "We couldn't have scored if we carried on till Christmas."

I’ve got to say ‘bollocks’ to that, to play the Sala card is not on. Not playing Reid, a £10 million proven goalscorer (ok not in this division but still) from the start, I despair, when he came on he sparked things up. So disappointed by today’s selection, set up & performance. To bring Sala into it smacks of if my auntie had balls she’d be my uncle!!!!

Re: Warnock same old story "We couldn't have scored if we carried on till Christmas."

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’ve got to say ‘bollocks’ to that, to play the Sala card is not on. Not playing Reid, a £10 million proven goalscorer (ok not in this division but still) from the start, I despair, when he came on he sparked things up. So disappointed by today’s selection, set up & performance. To bring Sala into it smacks of if my auntie had balls she’d be my uncle!!!!
    Yea he shouldn’t be saying that , how about playing Reid who gives us something extra and can score goals if he’s given enough game time
    Plus would he have played to salas strengths

We nearly had the full house of Warnock bingo after the game.

Couldn’t fault his lads.
    Sala.
    Dig at the officials.
    Lack of money (even though he’s wasted what he did have)

All that was missing was how great the fans were.

Sala aside there is no excuse for bringing on Healey before Reid

Pathetic from Warnock today.
    Not for the first time. The way we’ve approached certain games this season has been nothing short of shocking. Nigh on every top 6 fixture we’d given up before a ball was kicked.
    Today takes the biscuit though.

Warnock’s comments were feeble. He’s paid to get it right and he’s not some b1oody armchair pundit.

I would have played Reid for the start against Burnley, Liverpool and Fulham

But let’s just enjoy it !

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It is totally out of order and smacks of Warnock blaming everything he can think of to excuse the performance and result. Its no good saying he got the selection wrong after losing what will turn out to be the most important game of the season. At times today the players looked clueless and isolated, not knowing what to do, while the coaching team ranted from the touchline, to little effect. Fulham were there for the taking and Warnocks game plan will only cost relegation after all.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    We nearly had the full house of Warnock bingo after the game.

Couldn’t fault his lads.
    Sala.
    Dig at the officials.
    Lack of money (even though he’s wasted what he did have)

All that was missing was how great the fans were.
    He shat the bed today and he knows it.