+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who do you blame?

Who do you blame?

Or would that be a bit mean ?

I think our transfer policy was the difference between staying up and going down.

We seemed to go for it more in January when it was arguably much more difficult to sign players.

Re: Who do you blame?

Without a striker of note it wasn't going to happen and we do look like our football is a throwback from a previous age. We need to re-group and play a more intelligent type of football - but players who can pass a ball would have to be found.

The buck stops with the manager

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Without a striker of note it wasn't going to happen and we do look like our football is a throwback from a previous age. We need to re-group and play a more intelligent type of football - but players who can pass a ball would have to be found.
    Warnock then .

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Or would that be a bit mean ?

I think our transfer policy was the difference between staying up and going down.

We seemed to go for it more in January when it was arguably much more difficult to sign players.
    For what? The result this season is about par.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    The buck stops with the manager
    Does it? You think the support he got out of the starting blocks was sufficient? Think we all can agree he didn’t.. But the buck surely stopped with his “man marking system”..

Agree, although it would take one hell of a striker to get any change from this team. No support and the only service is crosses from wide midfielders, if that dries up then there's very little to feed from.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Agree, although it would take one hell of a striker to get any change from this team. No support and the only service is crosses from wide midfielders, if that dries up then there's very little to feed from.
    Not entirely true, is it? We have had games where we have been on the front foot and and had some coherence. Somehow we never built on that. We changed it, chopped it and then we went back to it. Looking better every time we did.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    Does it? You think the support he got out of the starting blocks was sufficient? Think we all can agree he didn’t.. But the buck surely stopped with his “man marking system”..
    He bought two £10m players and barely played them.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    He bought two £10m players and barely played them.
    10M.. That is a pair of shoes, isn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    10M.. That is a pair of shoes, isn’t it?
    Its not a great amount but continuing to do the same thing that rarely worked was pathetic.

Warnock. This situation is entirely his doing.

Turned around a relegation threatened side and got them showing playoff form in his first season. Against the odds and without spending much won us automatic promotion. Nobody can say we didn't deserve promotion - 90 points was an incredible effort.

We could argue that we went up a season too soon. We arguably weren't ready for the Premier League. The football we played in winning promotion was never likely to keep us up. Warnock's purchases were not always the best. At the top table his tactics and selections have been found wanting. Whereas he knows the Championship like the back of his hand, our lack of Premier League nous was telling in the opening couple of months and our squad limitations have been laid bare when we've needed to up our game for the final push away from relegation.

Nobody can deny that Warnock has been a saviour for the club. We're united again as a fan base. Our promotion season was memorable. This season has been a far better season than our first in the PL.

However, I feel that Warnock's tactics have taken us as far as they ever could. Promotion but relegation to follow. He hasn't built anything here. I don't feel there are any long term plans. We have some good players but are desperately short of players who are comfortable in possession. We have never really replaced Bothroyd and Chopra.

Time for Warnock to bow out. He's done superbly for us, but we need a new man with new ideas this summer with a plan to make us an outfit ready for the PL.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Turned around a relegation threatened side and got them showing playoff form in his first season. Against the odds and without spending much won us automatic promotion. Nobody can say we didn't deserve promotion - 90 points was an incredible effort.

We could argue that we went up a season too soon. We arguably weren't ready for the Premier League. The football we played in winning promotion was never likely to keep us up. Warnock's purchases were not always the best. At the top table his tactics and selections have been found wanting. Whereas he knows the Championship like the back of his hand, our lack of Premier League nous was telling in the opening couple of months and our squad limitations have been laid bare when we've needed to up our game for the final push away from relegation.

Nobody can deny that Warnock has been a saviour for the club. We're united again as a fan base. Our promotion season was memorable. This season has been a far better season than our first in the PL.

However, I feel that Warnock's tactics have taken us as far as they ever could. Promotion but relegation to follow. He hasn't built anything here. I don't feel there are any long term plans. We have some good players but are desperately short of players who are comfortable in possession. We have never really replaced Bothroyd and Chopra.

Time for Warnock to bow out. He's done superbly for us, but we need a new man with new ideas this summer with a plan to make us an outfit ready for the PL.
    Agreed.

It’s been an eventful ride, but another season of Warnock and I think we in are in danger of being back to where we were with Slade.

It's weird because I felt in August that if we had a sniff of staying up with two games left we've done alright, but as the season has gone on the more I've become disillusioned with Warnock. His tactics and selections have cost us plenty of points this season, he's far too loyal to certain players that aren't providing for us.

I don't want to blame solely one person because our transfer work in the summer was frankly embarrassing, the only signings we made that start regularly is Camarasa and Arter. Who is even responsible for transfers? Why wasn't a striker signed in the summer? Why no right back? 20m down the drain on Murphy and Reid, it's just amateur stuff.

Either way I do know that Neil needs to step aside this summer. Build him a statue and all that for what he's done here, but it's best we move on and try to put a long term vision down at the club. Right now it looks like Ralls and Bacuna will be our only midfielders come the summer, that for me is inexcusable and shows we need a director of football or someone on the board with an actual football vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Warnock then .
    No blame required. Warnock over-achieved on a minimal budget and was brought in to rescue us in the division below. He eradicated the toxicity of the rebrand and galvanised the club and supporters. This season has been a great ride but we need to think of the future.

I don't think I could stomach another season of, well.. "Warnockball" (there, I said it - Warnockball).

We are what we are, get over it !!!!!

Fans come and fans go “BLUEBIRDS STAY FOREVER”

The owner. Never turns up and didn't back the manager.
    A complete lack of class has cost us

We’re two places above where the majority of the country assumed we’d finish at the moment. Which, for me, makes it more annoying, if we were rock bottom with all hope gone weeks ago which perhaps a few City fans may have forecast pre season we may have wallowed or even revelled in our ineptness with the gallows humour that City fans can display brilliantly on times. But and in my opinion it’s a massive but we had a bloody marvellous opportunity to shove the the jibes & forecasts of the ‘experts ‘ right down their throats, in fact recently a few of them had turned these last couple of weeks and were very optimistic about our survival chances. Yes, I’m annoyed that it appears that despite giving ourselves a massive fighting chance we’ve f*cking blown it big time. Yes, there’s been some horrendous decisions against us & the Sala tragedy was a hammer blow but I'm afraid Neil Warnock’s decisions have been equally to blame. Culminating in yesterday’s approach to the game, only one game but it was THE game, the game where the cautious tactics had to go out of the window yet we rolled over and died for 80 odd minutes, unbelievable & unforgivable. We blew it big time when there was no need to.

What situation were you anticipating at the start of the season?

That sounds like we're an established PL team that has capitulated. As I recall nearly all of us thought we would be involved in a relegation battle.

To be fair we did sign someone who looked like a decent striker. It's not Warnock's fault he never made it onto the pitch.

One thing that has kept strong has been the dressing room and while that may not be enough in the end, we may even finish 19th, I think we've had a good season overall and learnt a lot from it. We were told at the start it might be like Burnley's first year and think we would have taken that then.

We shouldn't forget that our captain almost died; our biggest signing sadly was lost; NML, Peltier, Camarrasa, Bamba and Patterson all missed multiple games with injuries and now Ralls is missing the end of the season; we've had a number of decisions go harshly against us in big games especially during this run-in....there are things we could have done to improve things (a back-up RB, more depth in defensive midfield, another creative midfielder, another goal-scorer all to reduce risk of fatigue based injury) but many things have been outside of our control.

Oh, and we're still in with a shout of staying up.

Blame for what? Beating palace 2-1? Then an 85th minute bobby Reid worldy at OT to get 3 points there also? Hhhmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    We are what we are, get over it !!!!!

Fans come and fans go “BLUEBIRDS STAY FOREVER”
    May as well just get relegated 7 times in a row then.

The refs for the Watford and Chelsea games.