+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: We have over achieved this season

We have over achieved this season

Let’s be fair. For our powder puff squad to still have a mathematical chance of staying up with 2 games to go, is almost a miracle in itself.
    The support the fans have given both home and away, deserved a lot more than we’ve ended up with, but a championship squad at best, simply cannot survive in the top tier.
    I couldn’t make it today, but listened on Talksport at my work. We were never at the races in a game we had to win.
    Could be a very long time till we taste the Premiership again, unless the club get a decent, hungry manager in next and splash the dough.
    I’ll be there what ever happens. Just a shame we didn’t invest a bit more wisely, and give ourselves more of a chance.

Re: We have over achieved this season

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Let’s be fair. For our powder puff squad to still have a mathematical chance of staying up with 2 games to go, is almost a miracle in itself.
    The support the fans have given both home and away, deserved a lot more than we’ve ended up with, but a championship squad at best, simply cannot survive in the top tier.
    I couldn’t make it today, but listened on Talksport at my work. We were never at the races in a game we had to win.
    Could be a very long time till we taste the Premiership again, unless the club get a decent, hungry manager in next and splash the dough.
    I’ll be there what ever happens. Just a shame we didn’t invest a bit more wisely, and give ourselves more of a chance.
    Will be interesting to see how Norwich spend their £20m promotion transfer budget.

I would disagree that we've overachieved when we have effectively failed in our goal to stay in the league.

I think we've given it a decent go on the whole though. That Chelsea game was the killer for me. We haven't recovered bar one win at Brighton

We didnt over achieve this season or last.

League table wont lie.

Agree we have have achieved this season.
    Also agree long term we need to build a side that can compete at EPL level but I would not jump the gun and fire our man just yet.

Emotions are raw after a poor effort today but an awful lot of good has been done in the past two years and to bring a new guy in will not only be expensive, it will heighten the risk of destabilising the club.

The way some go on on here it's like the Malky, OGS, Slade episode never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    We didnt over achieve this season or last.

League table wont lie.
    We did so overachieve both last season and this.
    We managed to beat a host of big spending championship sides to automatic promotion andstill have a chance of premiership survival, albeit a slim one, with a week to go til end of season

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Agree we have have achieved this season.
    Also agree long term we need to build a side that can compete at EPL level but I would not jump the gun and fire our man just yet.

Emotions are raw after a poor effort today but an awful lot of good has been done in the past two years and to bring a new guy in will not only be expensive, it will heighten the risk of destabilising the club.

The way some go on on here it's like the Malky, OGS, Slade episode never happened.
    Probably the biggest and most united fan base since ive been a fan (mid 80s) plus consistently the best atmosphere created by our mainly younger element in the Canton.

Its not like weve been relegated to the dungeon again.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    I would disagree that we've overachieved when we have effectively failed in our goal to stay in the league.

I think we've given it a decent go on the whole though. That Chelsea game was the killer for me. We haven't recovered bar one win at Brighton
    I think the defeat at home against Watford was the turning point. We'd just won two on the bounce, but we've only picked up 6 points since then.