+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Warnock Paradox

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Warnock Paradox

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Moving on isn't going to be straight forward though. I think it would take a complete change of direction and 3 seasons to challenge again at the top of the Championship. Hopefully our owner[s] will see that attendances averaging 32,000 will confirm the potential to stay in the top flight - if we ever get there again..
    Matchday attendance figures mean nothing in the Premier League. Bournemouth have established themselves in the division with average crowds of just over 10,000.

We aren't going to be a top flight club until we get player recruitment sorted. Warnock has taken most of the blame for wasting money over the last few seasons, but I think the problem goes beyond him.

Re: The Warnock Paradox

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Matchday attendance figures mean nothing in the Premier League. Bournemouth have established themselves in the division with average crowds of just over 10,000.

We aren't going to be a top flight club until we get player recruitment sorted. Warnock has taken most of the blame for wasting money over the last few seasons, but I think the problem goes beyond him.
    I guess Norwich will do more with their £20m promotion budget than us and Fulham combined..