+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Warnock Paradox

Re: The Warnock Paradox

Quote Originally Posted by Ger27 View Post
    At the same time, if your are to move on, doing so in the same summer as you need to sign 3 new centre midfielders and a centre forward may make sense?

If Warnock was to stay for just 1 more year, the new manager in 12 months time would be stuck with 3 centre midfielders Warnock chose (and Bacuna) ond long term contracts. Given Warnock's style, they'd be unlikely to be what the new manager would want.
    With Warnock in charge next season I reckon there's a 2/1 chance we'd reach the play offs. If we opt for a new manager, a new approach, a new style, it will take 3 seasons at least, in my opinion..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    With Warnock in charge next season I reckon there's a 2/1 chance we'd reach the play offs. If we opt for a new manager, a new approach, a new style, it will take 3 seasons at least, in my opinion..
    So you reckon 1 in 12 chance of us getting getting promoted through the play-offs with Warnock next year. Do we take those odds, or start rebuilding now whilst the parachute payment is at its highest and there's a load of new signings needed anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    He said just a few weeks ago that he would stay until the end of his contract unless Vincent Tan decides otherwise.
    I didn't know that. I thought his contract was ending at the end of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I'd rather take 3 seasons and change the philosophy at the club. I'll always be grateful to Neil. And I'll never forget that Aston Villa game. It was sublime. But this season has been miserable and completely and utterly mismanaged from start to finish.