+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Biggest dissppointment for me isn't we didn't spend enough

Biggest dissppointment for me isn't we didn't spend enough

But what we did spend we totally wasted. Yes maybe Murphy and reid will be useful next year- but why did we sign players to get relegated with if that is why we signed them?

We may aswell not have spent a penny as I don't think we'd have been much worse off. Arter and camerasa the 2 loans have been ok (not niasse he's been laughably shite) but the signings have never even seemed wanted. Season almost over and in the biggest of biggest games apart from reid in the 87th minute none of the summer signings are wanted. £30 million plus. What a waste.

If warnock does stay for the love of God please don't let him spend any money as he only spends money on players he doesn't want.

Re: Biggest dissppointment for me isn't we didn't spend enough

The biggest relief is we didnt spend anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Exactly

40m since Jan 18 and arguably once Gunnar leaves end of the season, and the loans go back, the team is weaker than the one that got promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    But what we did spend we totally wasted. Yes maybe Murphy and reid will be useful next year- but why did we sign players to get relegated with if that is why we signed them?

We may aswell not have spent a penny as I don't think we'd have been much worse off. Arter and camerasa the 2 loans have been ok (not niasse he's been laughably shite) but the signings have never even seemed wanted. Season almost over and in the biggest of biggest games apart from reid in the 87th minute none of the summer signings are wanted. £30 million plus. What a waste.

If warnock does stay for the love of God please don't let him spend any money as he only spends money on players he doesn't want.
    Could sell Colin my old car?

Madine, Murphy, Reid, Smithies and Cunningham cost around £35 million. if we were to sell them all in the summer I think we'd be lucky to get half that outlay back. As you say, it's not the amount we've spent but how badly we've spent it that has been a major factor in our failure.

Quote Originally Posted by BINGE THINKING View Post
    Madine, Murphy, Reid, Smithies and Cunningham cost around £35 million. if we were to sell them all in the summer I think we'd be lucky to get half that outlay back. As you say, it's not the amount we've spent but how badly we've spent it that has been a major factor in our failure.
    Yes it annoys me when people say we should have spent more. I honestly think we could have spent £300 million and we'd have been relegated sooner than we have been.

Yes it annoys me when people say we should have spent more. I honestly think we could have spent £300 million and we'd have been relegated sooner than we have been.
    You must be very annoyed with yourself then because thats exactly what you said in your first post.

Think we struggled to attract the right level of player because everyone was rattling on about how rubbish we were going to be